Introductions thread.

Sheri

7 hours ago, Gravitas said:

Honestly, languages are ridiculously interesting. When you learn a language, you're learning about the culture of another people. To speak a language is to partake in that culture.

Also, grammar is fascinating. Most languages have something really unique about their grammar that's extremely interesting to learn about (although frustrating if you're actually trying to learn the language). Japanese, for instance, has a system where each noun belongs to a specific category of words, and if you want to specify how many nouns there are, you have to use another special "counting word" for that noun's category. These "counting words" appear in some other Asian languages, and are collectively known as "classifiers". Really neat.

Languages ARE super interesting. Learning Spanish was incredibly fun. I got to talk to people from Chile, they're pretty awesome Internet and forum-goers. Nintendo Chile is a nice community that reminded me of NSider2.

Just now, Katsie said:

Languages ARE super interesting. Learning Spanish was incredibly fun. I got to talk to people from Chile, they're pretty awesome Internet and forum-goers. Nintendo Chile is a nice community that reminded me of NSider2.

I've always wanted to find more Spanish-speaking communities online. I found a Spanish SMW hacking forum once, but they were pretty inactive. The best practice is to actually speak with real people.

Hi. I first found the original NSider in 2004 and joined NS2 in 2008, but until this morning I hadn't been on NS2 in years. Long enough that I actually forget my username there XD I read up on some threads about the situation, and found this place because although the name of the forum was apparently censored on NS2, someone said "n1nfora" in one of the threads and I guess the 1 in place of the i bypassed the censor. 

3 minutes ago, Banana Bloodplanet said:

Hi. I first found the original NSider in 2004 and joined NS2 in 2008, but until this morning I hadn't been on NS2 in years. Long enough that I actually forget my username there XD I read up on some threads about the situation, and found this place because although the name of the forum was apparently censored on NS2, someone said "n1nfora" in one of the threads and I guess the 1 in place of the i bypassed the censor. 

Indeed! You're not allowed to say Ninfora on the old site, but people have their workarounds to get the message across that this place is where it's at now. Welcome!

52 minutes ago, Banana Bloodplanet said:

Seems like you were determined :) Happy to have you here! 

6 hours ago, Banana Bloodplanet said:

Welcome! :)  

On 10/29/2016 at 7:51 AM, Banana Bloodplanet said:

Welcome!

It's true, NS2 is going to a all-time low, dare I speak it's name again. Luckily we got these forums and all is swell! Glad you can find us!

- oldsider 1 in 2007 before it closed, mostly played pokemon

- was on ns2 for a long time, prbably played mostly xbox around 2009 and mostly stopped coming by 2012 bc i started hanging around voice servers with people and playing pc games like starcraft and dota + college

- been retracing how internet friendships/communities affected my life, and during my last check in to ns2 i heard ns2 died so i came to visit.

lifes changed and its so weird seeing these names 6+ years later man. hope you're all well. i might spend some more time here. 

25 minutes ago, sb. said:

- oldsider 1 in 2007 before it closed, mostly played pokemon

- was on ns2 for a long time, prbably played mostly xbox around 2009 and mostly stopped coming by 2012 bc i started hanging around voice servers with people and playing pc games like starcraft and dota + college

- been retracing how internet friendships/communities affected my life, and during my last check in to ns2 i heard ns2 died so i came to visit.

lifes changed and its so weird seeing these names 6+ years later man. hope you're all well. i might spend some more time here. 

Yeah life has changed a lot. Glad you made it over.