Introductions thread.

Sheri

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 3:00 PM, Zovistograt said:

Hello, I didn't know this forum existed until today. I was on NSider from 2004-2007 and have been vaguely around some other post-NSider communities since then.

So hi to anyone who remembers me (there are certainly familiar names all over the place here), and nice to meet everyone else!

Zovi <3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
4 hours ago, ᚴᛅᛁᛏᛅᚱᛁᚾᛅᚱ ᛏᚱᛅᚢᚴᛦᛁᚾ said:

Morn... 🥱

Howdy pardner. 

24 minutes ago, Spring said:

jato as in jatoskep?!

That's the one! Was reminiscing about the old Nsider days this morning and came upon this place somehow haha.

Is that Rose?! Long time no see, how's life?

2 minutes ago, jato said:

Howdy pardner. 

That's the one! Was reminiscing about the old Nsider days this morning and came upon this place somehow haha.

Is that Rose?! Long time no see, how's life?

it is! damn dude its been forever flower; glad you found us! tho its pretty quiet around here usually haha

i'm good, i'm good, how are you doing? my life is very slow and boring, just how i like it :D

9 minutes ago, Spring said:

it is! damn dude its been forever flower; glad you found us! tho its pretty quiet around here usually haha

i'm good, i'm good, how are you doing? my life is very slow and boring, just how i like it :D

A bit quiet, but glad to see y’all are still around and have some activity! Was a little sad to see ns2 in its current state. It’s crazy how many fragments of nsider are still around in some form. 

Glad you’re doing well! I’m doing alright! Been a bit of a rough year, which I’m sure is true for most people. I’m actually living in Amsterdam these days which is really fun and different, but I wouldn’t recommend moving to a new country during a pandemic ldizzy; makes it a little harder to meet people and enjoy the experience haha. 

1 hour ago, jato said:

A bit quiet, but glad to see y’all are still around and have some activity! Was a little sad to see ns2 in its current state. It’s crazy how many fragments of nsider are still around in some form. 

Glad you’re doing well! I’m doing alright! Been a bit of a rough year, which I’m sure is true for most people. I’m actually living in Amsterdam these days which is really fun and different, but I wouldn’t recommend moving to a new country during a pandemic ldizzy; makes it a little harder to meet people and enjoy the experience haha. 

brooo new country buddies! flower; i moved to Canada a couple years ago, thankfully a little before the world went to shit lol y;

how is it there? other than the global pandemic ruining everyone's lives, i mean 

9 hours ago, Spring said:

brooo new country buddies! flower; i moved to Canada a couple years ago, thankfully a little before the world went to shit lol y;

how is it there? other than the global pandemic ruining everyone's lives, i mean 

that's awesome! Spreading from Virginia all over the world flower; (hehe I missed these emojis)

It's pretty cool! My girlfriend and I actually moved January 2020 to Utrecht (really cute smaller city in NL) and so we had a couple months to figure out all the immigration stuff and get settled in before everything went to shit. Then in February of this year we moved to Amsterdam since there's a lot more going on and more of an expat community. It's a really cool and beautiful city, and things are finally starting to get fun now that they've figured out the vaccine situation here and are relaxing some rules. We went out to some bars and terraces with friends on Saturday which was so refreshing after months of pretty bad weather and mostly just spending time at home.

How's Canada? What made you decide to relocate up there?

12 hours ago, jato said:

that's awesome! Spreading from Virginia all over the world flower; (hehe I missed these emojis)

It's pretty cool! My girlfriend and I actually moved January 2020 to Utrecht (really cute smaller city in NL) and so we had a couple months to figure out all the immigration stuff and get settled in before everything went to shit. Then in February of this year we moved to Amsterdam since there's a lot more going on and more of an expat community. It's a really cool and beautiful city, and things are finally starting to get fun now that they've figured out the vaccine situation here and are relaxing some rules. We went out to some bars and terraces with friends on Saturday which was so refreshing after months of pretty bad weather and mostly just spending time at home.

How's Canada? What made you decide to relocate up there?

that's great, it sounds awesome! sounds a lot more stressful than moving to Canada, where everything is....well, mostly the same really compared to the states :D

my spouse is from Canada! it was hard living apart and the permanent residency for married couples is easier in Canada so I decided to just move up here and its been great so far flower; tho we're considering going back to the states soon for family reasons, it'll be nice to go between the two as we please once we get them a green card too. glad to hear the pandemic rules are letting up a bit there, the province we're in (alberta) has had a pretty poor response overall so we've been going back and forth between shortish lockdowns for months lol y; 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Salutations, Ninfora!

While not a newcomer, I feel a reintroduction is order! It certainly has been a while since I've shown my face around these parts, hmm? I took time off contributing to this community in order to go on the lecture circuit across Western Europe. Why, I even had the honor of giving a guest lecture at the University of Economics in Ho Chi Minh City! Per adventure, I am back now to resume our lively discussions and banter. I remember the engaging discussions EH_STEVE and I had on a wide range of issues! How I have yearned to return!