Introductions thread.

Sheri

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, MD122 said:

Howdy.

I was Mechadorie122 on the very original Nsider and migrated to Nsider2 after it...died or whatever.  Tonight, nostalgia washed over me and I went to check out Nsider2, and I see that also went down in flames, but I found a link to this place and now here I am!

Welcome aboard! 

If you know anymore people that used to be at Oldsider or NS2, bring them here!

Hi all,

I recognize a couple of names, here. I am late to the party on account of life (wife, kids, house, work, etc.), but had a bit of time to spare so thought I would figure out what happened to NS2’s community. Nice to see some of it survived! :)

Anyway, I’m Seasona. Was on NS1, then Cerise Island run by MewDragon, then NS2 where I mostly hung out with my fan-fic writing friends. Happy to be here at last, better late than never, I guess!

3 hours ago, DranSeasona said:

Hi all,

I recognize a couple of names, here. I am late to the party on account of life (wife, kids, house, work, etc.), but had a bit of time to spare so thought I would figure out what happened to NS2’s community. Nice to see some of it survived! :)

Anyway, I’m Seasona. Was on NS1, then Cerise Island run by MewDragon, then NS2 where I mostly hung out with my fan-fic writing friends. Happy to be here at last, better late than never, I guess!

Oh wow, here's another person I never thought I'd see again. Is MewDragon still around anywhere, since ya brought him up? Tried to look for Fifi or Bianca as you might know her as when I returned to this community after Nintendo was making a comeback with the Switch, but by then, NS2 had already died and then I just discovered this place, and she was nowhere to be seen. Beforehand, she tried to get me to return to NS2 on occasion through skype but I wasn't really feeling it after like 2012, which part of me regrets now. Aside from everything else that led to NS2's slow death though, didn't help that fans only had the dud that was the Wii U to go by at the time, so forum activity was thusly diminishing...

Regardless, is good to see you again.

Good to see you too, Ride! :) Man, so many memories, eh?

Last I know of MD decided he was moving on and wanted to pass off his forum to someone (sent a mass email explaining it). Not sure what happened after that, sorry. Was about a year ago.

Yeah, I regret how I ended up losing track of a bunch of people, too (would be nice to see Fifi again, for sure). In my spare time I have been poking around looking at forums that might have people I know on them, and finally found this one.

Looks promising so far, although I don’t have nearly as much spare time as I used to, but will try to make the effort to be around sometimes. After 6 years of inactivity, this forum talk feels refreshing. :P

26 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

Good to see you too, Ride! :) Man, so many memories, eh?

Last I know of MD decided he was moving on and wanted to pass off his forum to someone (sent a mass email explaining it). Not sure what happened after that, sorry. Was about a year ago.

Yeah, I regret how I ended up losing track of a bunch of people, too (would be nice to see Fifi again, for sure). In my spare time I have been poking around looking at forums that might have people I know on them, and finally found this one.

Looks promising so far, although I don’t have nearly as much spare time as I used to, but will try to make the effort to be around sometimes. After 6 years of inactivity, this forum talk feels refreshing. :P

Wow, I had no idea MewDragon was still around all that time until last year. Definitely regret falling out of contact with users like him, but life struggles and such at the time kinda made me shy away from such forums/social media for awhile. Didn't like how NS2 was being run after awhile too but that's another story.

Ah, I see. That's cool. Yeah, same here as far as spare time, what with work and such. Fifi did mention to me last we talked that you were already married with a family which I was glad to hear.

Yeah, I hear you. I get the feeling most of us have similar stories. Either way, it’s nice to be able to chat with an old friend. :) I wish everyone the best, of course, whatever they may be up to.

And thanks! It has been quite the adventure so far. Definitely mellowed me out a lot, I think. In any case, I wish you well in your own adventures and look forward to seeing you around the community!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Been awhile, but I've been around since about the beginning of Nsider, the original. Served as a sage, then migrated to NS2 where I was a temp sage, then a KOH for awhile before resigning to deal with real life for a bit. Then NS2 closed and I sorta lost my way a bit. Coming back after years of craziness hoping to reconnect with my fellow former Nsiders :)

Just now, Doc Brown said:

You're welcome. I remember you from the old boards and on NS2. Went by Box9Missingo back on Nsider.

Yes yes! I recall! It's great to see familiar faces again :)

I apparently work with a former sage! We got to talking recently and made that connection. Had no idea who she was on nsider, but that's alright :)

5 minutes ago, Malkon said:

Yes yes! I recall! It's great to see familiar faces again :)

I apparently work with a former sage! We got to talking recently and made that connection. Had no idea who she was on nsider, but that's alright :)

Yea it is. :) 

Cool!