KONAMI COLLECTIONS O_O

https://www.konami.com/games/50th/ac/us/en/

https://kotaku.com/konamis-new-anniversary-collections-bundle-castlevania-1833423700?utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow&utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter

Castlevania 8 games total / Summer 2019

1-4 announced as follows: CV, CV II BR (GB), CV III, and SCV

I MUST HAVE THIS ONE.

*I would assume Rondo of Blood (but from which console?) would be there, then you have those GBA games, and who knows, that N64 one lurks out there.

Contra 8 games total / Summer 2019

1-4 announced as follows: C, Super C, Super Contra, and CIII TAW

I MUST HAVE THIS.

* not sure what other Contra games there are the only one that comes to mind is Contra Rebirth.

Arcade Collection: April 2019 (digital only)

Haunted Castle, Typhoon, NEMESIS/Gradius, Vulcan Venture / Gradius II, Lifeforce/Salamander, Thundercross, Scrabble, Twin Bee.

I could be down for this

34 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Ah, is Konami forgiven or we have to wait how this all unfolds before we forgive and forget?

Well they're just collections, so this is more of a peace offering, not asking for forgiveness.

33 minutes ago, Dancing Mog said:

I'll need to know the other CV titles in that collection before I decide whether I am interested. The others really hold no interest for me.

Same.

I've been on a big Castlevania binge lately, but I can't say I'm as big a fan of the "Classicvania" style.

I beat Super IV on my 3DS through savestate abuse.

Then I bought Dracula X Chronicles for my Vita, fumbled my way through a level and a half to unlock Symphony of the Night, and felt bad about ignoring the "main game". So I struggled through the rest of it, got the bad ending, had Dracula laugh at me, then started Symphony and never looked back.y;

Thinking about it, here is a a potential bump in the road for the Castlevania collection, Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night recently got PS4 ports and bundled together for about $20. So they might be excluded from the anniversary collection despite it being one of the quintessential titles in the series to play through. The biggest surprise I can expect from this is getting not only Symphony of the Night, but its Sega Saturn content ported over.

Edited by avalonknight

As much as I hate throwing money at Konami these days, I'm at least going to go for that Castlevania Collection. Particularly because I'm not going to have access to any console but my Switch for a year starting in May. It'll be worth it for Castlevania I, III, and IV already. I really hope they put in Rondo of Blood and Harmony of Dissonance. I'm sure Symphony of the Night is in the cards, too. Though with which dub, who can say? 

Edited by Laclipsey
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/21/2019 at 12:20 AM, Eliwood8 said:

I might go for the Castlevania collection depending on what the last four games are, but so far I'm not that interested in having yet another platform to play I and IV on.

Full list is out now:

https://nintendoeverything.com/castlevania-anniversary-collection-launches-in-may-full-lineup-revealed/

– Castlevania
– Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse
– Castlevania II Belmont’s Revenge
– Super Castlevania IV
– Castlevania Bloodlines
– Kid Dracula
– Castlevania the Adventure
– Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest

I'm surprised they opted for Simon's Quest and Kid Dracula over Rondo or Symphony. Still, this'll be a nice collection. Of these eight I've only played Castlevania 1 and Simon's Quest. May 16th, eh? That's not too far off. I'll be picking this up for sure. 

• 1 month later...