Nindies Showcase Spring 2019 - March 20 - 9am PT/12pm ET

I gotta watch the direct as I was at work when it aired but I caught some of the highlights thanks to my brother.  I was always interested in Dance of the Necromancer but not so much to bite the bullet and want to get it...that has completely changed now!  I want both Cadence of Hyrule as well as the original game.

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

What is the deal on the Cadence games?

This is practically the first time that Nintendo has something at this caliber happen. We've seen them collaborate with larger studios, Ubisoft (Starlink feat. Starfox), Sega (Mario and Sonic Olympics), Atlus (TMS#FE), etc. But to see this coming from a small indie studio, this is big.

37 minutes ago, avalonknight said:

This is practically the first time that Nintendo has something at this caliber happen. We've seen them collaborate with larger studios, Ubisoft (Starlink feat. Starfox), Sega (Mario and Sonic Olympics), Atlus (TMS#FE), etc. But to see this coming from a small indie studio, this is big.

No, I mean literally, what is Cadence?  I don't think I have heard of the series before.

1 minute ago, purple_beard said:

No, I mean literally, what is Cadence?  I don't think I have heard of the series before.

Cadence is the main character of the game Crypt of the NecroDancer, a rhytmic Roguelike game where you explore a dungeon while moving/attacking to the beat of the music. Enemies also move in a rhythmic pattern so you can anticipate their attacks and dodge. It's a lot of fun and has a fantastic soundtrack (check it out) but like most Roguelikes it can also be quite difficult since sometimes it just feels like luck whether you succeed or not (since maps and items are randomly generated each time you play).

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/03/cuphead_physical_release_confirmed_for_nintendo_switch

Cup Head goes physical but will release post Switch related DLC hits the market so the copy has everything.

Some Switch specs.

XBXL support and some off line support for achievements too.

I can't tell much difference here.

Edited by purple_beard
9 hours ago, avalonknight said:

Hyrule Warriors

Cuphead

Overland

The Red Lantern

Rad

Bloodroots

Pine

Cadence of Hyrule

Didn’t get around to this right away, but ended up watching the Nindie Direct after work the same day (I’ve been busy lately)

These are pretty much the only ones I’m curious or interested in - others weren’t exactly of interest to me

Granted I’m on the fence with Pine - could be good, but looks a bit rough, lacking and underdeveloped in some areas, so I dunno on that one

And I’m not exactly the best with Rhythm based games, so I’m not sure about the last one either- may consider giving it a look though