Nindies Showcase Spring 2019 - March 20 - 9am PT/12pm ET

I'm really hoping Tetris Effect gets announced for Switch. 🤞  I mean they did announced Lumines Remastered last year during the March Spring Nindes Showcase, so...

Seriously, this game needs to come to all platforms already. IDK, if Sony has it as a timed exclusive or not, but I know this will sell incredibly well on the Switch. Enhance Games has said that Lumines Remastered has sold best on Switch "by a mile". If you haven't noticed, puzzle games and portables are pretty much made for each other and given how popular the Switch is, this could end up out selling the PS4 version (if it comes to Switch).

MAKE THIS A THING ALREADY! >_<

5778YdK.png?1

Edited by alienboyva

Is this the longest Nindies showcase. I swear the longest in NA was around 15-23 minutes max.

I have to look up if this is true. Looking forward to this. It will be on my lunchtime tomorrow, yay!lhappy;

EDIT: Yeah, the longest it NA was 23 on August 30, 2017 and the longest one in the UK was 22 minutes last year on August 20, 2018.

They must have a lot to share if this is 30 minutes, this is going more direct like in length, cool.

Edited by DLurkster

Damn my post from Monday, I though this was yesterday at noon my time. I was actually off work to watch, I realized 3 minutes past noon yesterday it is for today.

I came in late for work today and my hour lunch is cut to 30 minutes now. So I'm definitely gonna miss the begin and the end of this showcase. Oh well.

I missed the first minutes....

32 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Cuphead....

Is this for real or was there a game the played and looked like Cuphead.

-----

What I really like is the release of the Stranger Things 3 game releasing the same day as Season 3 on Netflix, cool.

That Cadence of Hyrule, I just want that game now.

Also that Katana Zero looks pretty rad.See what I did there?

Cadence of Hyrule was definitely a surprise! :) 

My reaction...

Me: That eye on that door (the one at the beginning) looks very Zelda like.

Me: That music sounds a lot like the Zelda theme.

Me: Is Nintendo really gonna let them rip-off the Zelda theme?

Nintendo: *Zelda and Link reviled & Tal Tal Hights starts playing*

Me: :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Edited by alienboyva
3 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Cadence of Hyrule was definitely a surprise! :) 

My reaction...

Me: That eye on that door (the one at the beginning) looks very Zelda like.

Me: That music sounds a lot like the Zelda theme.

Me: Is Nintendo really gonna let them rip-off the Zelda theme?

Nintendo: *Zelda and Link reviled & Tal Tal Hights starts playing*

Me: :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Yeah I heard Tal Tal Heights and starting losing my shit

Press release:

Spoiler

New Indie Games Bring Even More Quality and Variety to Nintendo Switch in 2019

Cadence of Hyrule, Cuphead, RAD and Stranger Things 3: The Game Among Featured Titles in Latest Nindies Showcase Video

REDMOND, Wash., March 20, 2019 – The Nintendo Switch system has quickly become the go-to platform for indie developers. As more and more top indie developers bring their creations to Nintendo’s console, they continue to deliver high-quality experiences that can be played at home or taken on the go. A new Nindies Showcase video today demonstrated the breadth of the Nintendo Switch indie library and the enthusiasm developers have for the platform. This includes the revelation of the rhythmic action-adventure game Cadence of Hyrule – Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring the Legend of Zelda from Brace Yourself Games. That’s in addition to announcements from indie houses like Devolver Digital, bringing system-exclusive content like Katana ZERO and My Friend Pedro, and new game reveals like RAD from award-winning studio DOUBLE FINE PRODUCTIONS.

To view the Nindies Showcase video in its entirety, visit https://live.nintendo.com.

“Top indie developers look to Nintendo Switch to showcase their games to a broad audience,” said Steve Singer, Nintendo of America’s Vice President of Publisher and Developer Relations. “The diversity of indie content we discussed today demonstrates how Nintendo Switch players can find quality indie games of nearly any type.”

The games discussed during today’s video include:
  • Cadence of Hyrule – Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring the Legend of Zelda: In the latest rhythmic action-adventure from Brace Yourself Games, you can enjoy the gameplay of Crypt of the NecroDancer in the setting of The Legend of Zelda series. As Link or Princess Zelda, players explore randomly generated overworld and dungeons on a quest to save Hyrule, and every beat of the 25 remixed Legend of Zelda tunes is a chance to move, attack, defend and more. From modern-looking Lynels to the Hyrulean Soldiers of old, players must master the instinctive movements of each pixel-art enemy and strategically outstep them in rhythmic combat using an arsenal of iconic items from The Legend of Zelda, as well as the spells and weapons from Crypt of the NecroDancer. The game is scheduled to launch this spring.
  • Cuphead: Studio MDHR brings its run-and-gun action game to Nintendo Switch. Inspired by cartoons of the 1930s, the visuals and audio are painstakingly created with the same techniques of the era, such as traditional hand-drawn cel animation, watercolor backgrounds and original jazz recordings. The game launches on Nintendo Switch on April 18.
  • Stranger Things 3: The Game: Play through and delve deeper into the events of Stranger Things 3 in a retro-style adventure game from BonusXP. Explore Hawkins, solve puzzles and team up with a friend in local co-op to battle the emerging evils of The Upside Down as one of twelve playable characters from the hit original series. The game launches on Nintendo Switch on July 4, the same day the third season debuts on Netflix.
  • Red Lantern: Timberline Studios, Inc., challenges players to survive the Alaskan tundra with a team of five sled dogs. The Musher becomes lost while training for the grueling Iditarod race and must fend off bears, resist frostbite and take care of the dogs while navigating the wilderness and trying to return home. The game is coming to Nintendo Switch later this year.
  • RAD: DOUBLE FINE PRODUCTIONS and BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA INC. present a 3D action rogue-like set in a post-post-apocalyptic world. As a teenage protagonist, players must journey into the Fallow, an ever-changing, procedurally generated wasteland that holds the secrets of the past and answers for the future. Here, radioactive toxins will randomly mutate your character, giving you powerful new abilities that challenge you to constantly adapt your play style. Using these abilities and your trusty bat, you have been tasked with saving humanity’s future by healing the world. The game launches on Nintendo Switch this summer.
  • Katana ZERO: Devolver Digital and askiisoft have created a stylish neo-noir action-platformer featuring breakneck action and instant-death combat. Players take on the role of an assassin, the Dragon, to slash, dash and manipulate time to unravel their past in a beautifully brutal acrobatic display. Players can overcome the opposition however the situation requires, as each level is uniquely designed for countless methods of completion. Deflect gunfire back at foes, dodge oncoming attacks and manipulate enemies and environments with traps and explosives. Leave no survivors. The game launches on Nintendo Switch on April 18, and is available for pre-purchase starting today.
  • Nuclear Throne: Vlambeer’s post-apocalyptic roguelike-like top-down shooter challenges players to fight their way through the wastelands with powerful weaponry, collecting radiation to mutate some new limbs and abilities. The game offers 12 playable characters, seven playable main worlds, 30 ways to mutate characters and more than 120 weapons. The game launches on Nintendo Switch – today!
  • Super Crate Box: Vlambeer’s Super Crate Box is coming to bring back the glory of the golden arcade age, when all that really mattered was getting on that high score list. The Nintendo Switch version will include exclusive two-player co-operative and competitive multiplayer for even more arcade mayhem. Prepare for an arcade delight with tight controls, refreshing game mechanics, cracking retro art and a terribly hip chiptune soundtrack when Super Crate Box launches in April.
  • Vlambeer Arcade with ULTRABUGS: Vlambeer Arcade is a collection of bite-sized games with a growing catalog that starts with ULTRABUGS, a fast-paced, high-score-centric game in which players pilot a ship to fight endless space bugs. The only problem is that those bugs then split up into more space bugs when they’re defeated. By beating boss monsters, players will unlock enemy DNA that they can use to customize their ship. Vlambeer Arcade with ULTRABUGS is coming to Nintendo Switch later this year.
  • My Friend Pedro: Devolver Digital and Deadtoast deliver what is undoubtedly the first game about friendship, imagination and one man’s struggle to obliterate anyone in his path at the behest of a sentient banana. Players unleash a torrent of destruction with an incredible level of control over both their weapons and body. They can twist and turn through the air while aiming both hands at priority threats or lining up a perfect ricochet to drop an unsuspecting gangster from behind. The game launches as a system-exclusive on Nintendo Switch in June.
  • Creature in the Well: Flight School Studio challenges players to this top-down, pinball-inspired hack-and-slash dungeon crawler. Players venture deep into a desert mountain haunted by a desperate Creature to restore power to an ancient facility by charging energy orbs and having them bounce around and ricochet to reactivate dormant machinery. They will uncover and upgrade powerful gear to help them save the city of Mirage from a deadly sandstorm. The game launches on Nintendo Switch this summer.
  • Blaster Master Zero 2: INTI CREATES CO. LTD. sets its sequel months after the events of Blaster Master Zero. Jason and Eve must venture into the depths of space to stop the mutant infection that’s slowly corrupting Eve’s body. Thankfully, stopping mutant outbreaks is Jason’s specialty. The game launches on Nintendo Switch – today!
  • Pine: Kongregate and Twirlbound offer a stirring open-world adventure with beautiful biomes to explore, puzzles to solve and secrets to discover. Players take on the role of Hue, a brave young adult who belongs to the last remaining tribe of humans on the island of Albamare. The island’s factions trade and fight with each other over food and territory, while Hue learns about ways to influence the ecology in search for a new home for the humans. The game launches on Nintendo Switch in August.
  • Bloodroots: Paper Cult delivers ultraviolence in a twisted Western revenge tale with a deranged cast of characters. Betrayed and left for dead, Mr. Wolf is hell-bent on finding his attacker and exacting revenge. Players can choreograph spectacular, bloody combos by making use of everything around them, from hatchets and ladders to … carrots? The game launches on Nintendo Switch this summer.
  • Overland: Finji delivers a new game from Adam Saltsman, the creator of Canabalt. In this turn-based survival game, players take care of a group of travelers on a post-apocalyptic road trip across the United States. Fight off scary creatures, rescue stranded survivors and scavenge for supplies like fuel, first aid kits and weapons. There are consequences for every action. The game launches on Nintendo Switch this fall.
  • Darkwood: Acid Wizard Studio and Crunching Koalas set their survivor horror game in East-Central Europe, in a forest possessed by unknown evil forces that corrupt all the inhabitants of the woods: people, animals and even the plants. Players can get new powers by extracting a strange essence from mutated fauna and flora and injecting it into their bloodstream. The game builds an atmospheric, psychological feeling of tension without the usual horror tricks of jump scares and creaking doors. The game launches on Nintendo Switch in May.
  • Neo Cab: Fellow Traveller and Chance Agency offer an emotional survival game about staying human in a world disrupted by automation. Lina, the last human driver on the neon-drenched streets of Los Ojos, California, interacts with a diverse cast of characters with individual story arcs. Players must balance their income, sustain a positive rating and manage their emotions, as fulfilling Lina’s job as a rideshare driver is the only way they might reunite with her best friend Savy, who’s mysteriously gone missing. The game launches on Nintendo Switch this summer.
  • Swimsanity!: Decoy Games takes a deep dive with this multiplayer underwater shooter with action-packed co-op and versus game modes, all supported by online and local play. The game comes with an ocean of content, with more than 150 challenges across eight game modes. Players can toggle between classic dual-stick controls and motion aiming, whether they’re playing locally or online*. The game launches on Nintendo Switch this summer.
To celebrate indie games (and their creators!), Nintendo is offering discounts of up to 30 percent on select indie games currently available in Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch. The sale runs from 10 a.m. PT on March 20 until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 27, and includes standout games like Firewatch from Campo Santo Productions and Yoku’s Island Express from Villa Gorilla and Team 17.

Remember that Nintendo Switch features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about other features, visit https://www.nintendo.com/switch/.

*Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online play. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply. nintendo.com/switch-online

A lot of cool looking stuff here, and so much of it is new! I'm finally going to have a chance to play Cuphead (though the difficulty scares me), Cadence of Hyrule looks great (though I hope that one is also easier than Crypt of the Necrodancer), and I'd forgotten about My Friend Pedro, good to see that has a release window now. Rad, Katana Zero, and Creature in the Well all look interesting too.

Cadence of Hyrule has my (obvious) top spot

Blaster Master Zero 2, Cuphead, Darkwood, and Katana Zero also look very interesting.

Red Lantern, I feel I need a little more info to make a decision.

RAD looks stupid, sorry but personal opinion.

22 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Cuphead on Switch and Nintendo letting indie devs use their IPs?

200.gif

I was also reading an article that Cuphead will be one of the first (if not the first) to have Xbox Live on Switch functions.

Couldn't find it, but here's a snip:

Edited by EH_STEVE

I was hoping to hear about a new Shantae or Luminous Avenger iX, but Blaster Master 02 and Cadence of Hyrule were nice surprises. Blaster Master 01 improved on the NES original in every conceivable way, but felt pretty safe in terms of keeping to the original level design. 02 looks like Inti turned it all up to eleven without bothering to constrain themselves to the original game's framework. This is cool stuff. I hope they're eventually able to put in the DLC cameo campaigns from 01.