A bunch of classic Nintendo cartoons available to stream legally for FREE on YouTube!

A bunch of classic Nintendo and other video game cartoons are available to stream for FREE and legally on YouTube. Some of the cartoons, include the Super Mario Cartoons, The Legend of Zelda, Captain N, Mega Man, some Sonic cartoons, Double Dragon, etc.

Linkhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUVnfQaEmCIhFZC5d_JniyQ/playlists  

Mega Man Here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8Qz20sPciU-ynMRdKtJw-A/videos

OMG this is awesome! I haven't seen some of these before as they were a bit before my time (90's kid). I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.. :P 

Edited by alienboyva

The Mario cartoon’s been on Netflix since forever but only like what, the first season? That’s cool though nonetheless. The 13 Legend of Zelda episodes I had already watched on youtube a number of times as well, and Captain N I could never really bring myself to watch with how terrible looking the game characters were done there. Might check out the Double Dragon one sometime but eh... If they’re allowing this all legally now, that is pretty nice.

16 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

Thanks. I watched the first five minutes of the Zelda cartoon and now I want to die in so many ways.

It's an acquired taste.

Same with all of these shows, really.

You don't watch an 80s cartoon with the expectation that it will be a faithful adaptation of an NES game; you watch it for the so-bad-it's-good factor.

Once you embrace how out-of-character everyone is, it's great for a laugh.

15 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

It's an acquired taste.

Same with all of these shows, really.

You don't watch an 80s cartoon with the expectation that it will be a faithful adaptation of an NES game; you watch it for the so-bad-it's-good factor.

Once you embrace how out-of-character everyone is, it's great for a laugh.

The problem isn't that it's a poor representation of the NES game.

The problem is that the protagonist is an unabashedly misogynistic oaf, the show promotes casual sexism, the fight sequences are as painfully slow and clumsy as the enemies, and the writing and pacing are unbearable. The writers also committed the ultimate sin of beginning a story by having the protagonist wake up.

It's not just the usual kids' show that doesn't even try to be watchable for a self-aware audience. It goes another step further and normalizes the kind of terrible role model that results in childhoods we drink to forget. You do not want to be friends with that kid who mimics Link's behavior, you do not want to look after that kid who mimics Link's behavior, and you do not want to have wasted your childhood being that kid who mimics Link's behavior.

I don't know if any of these shows are "so bad it's good" either.
Definitely some scenes that are, but honestly thanks to YouTube, I feel like there's no reason to sit through the entirety of shows that you know aren't gonna be good from the start. Just let other people clip the bits that actually are funny. Stay away from the rest lol

Edited by Pichi
3 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

DiC Link is a doofus, but the Zelda in the show to its credit, is a strong girl who holds her own and protects herself in most situations, ironically more than Link does. She’s the real hero.

I don't know what DiC abbreviates, so I assumed it was Captain N and remembered hearing terrible things about Link in that show too. I skipped around the Potion of Power episode. Putting aside the fucking NIGHTMARE that is Mother Brain (whose disgusting monstrous "face" is given eyelashes, eye shadow, and lipstick so you can tell it's a girl)... Link doesn't seem extraordinarily bad. He seems standard for an old low-effort show with two hot-headed boys getting in each other's way.

• 1 month later...

Lol Yeah, personally I got my fix for laughing at old video game cartoons 10 years ago, so I’ll pass.

Mixing Link with some now obscure 80s sitcom protagonist was an odd and clearly now unwise choice. But like Ridley Prime said, Zelda wasn’t bad. I quite enjoyed Ganon as well.