Sluggy the Unshaven's Fort - N4A Chat Thread - March 2019

Tyranogre

I honestly don't know how much of it simply wanting to appease corporations who want more control or just clueless rich CEOs thinking that can have a piece of the gaming market by creating "Netflix for games" without understanding what obstacles are there (like data caps). 

Like, there's such a disconnect between how reliable internet is for the layperson and how reliable *tech* thinks it is that goes so much deeper than Google wanting total control over their gaming ecosystem. 

Cool.

Boyter and Baxter shared the following:

“We definitely thought about it and how it might inform the spirit of it. Danny is incredible by the way. I am a huge fan of Danny DeVito.” – Boyter

“It was really very funny, so I couldn’t speak to all the reasons why it wasn’t Danny DeVito cast. I love Danny and some point maybe after the movie comes about, we can share those early tests. It’s absolutely hilarious.” – Baxter

“I can’t give away too much, but in terms of where the story goes and how it evolves, we had to sort of look at everything, including what fans weren’t seeing yet to make the decision. But that spirit of Danny DeVito, I promise you, is still inside of Pikachu.” – Boyter

Sourcehttps://nintendoeverything.com/pokemon-detective-pikachu-team-thought-about-casting-danny-devito-used-the-actor-in-a-test/

Edited by Doc Brown

No idea if it was the new update or something else, but Minecraft (PC) crashed and now the world i had made using the seed from the Switch version disappeared

Was right in the middle of working on a bit of a medium/large scale project, so looks like I’m going to have to start that all over again 

Ah well, can’t be helped I suppose- some things are out of my control 

At least I now know the reverse process that makes it a bit easier to do...

15 hours ago, Ares said:

I honestly don't know how much of it simply wanting to appease corporations who want more control or just clueless rich CEOs thinking that can have a piece of the gaming market by creating "Netflix for games" without understanding what obstacles are there (like data caps). 

Like, there's such a disconnect between how reliable internet is for the layperson and how reliable *tech* thinks it is that goes so much deeper than Google wanting total control over their gaming ecosystem. 

Yeah my sister-in-law were talking about it, she mainly plays competitive type games (Overwatch, etc) and the internet service and quality would not be fast enough, or affordable, in our region. And we're not in the boonies or anything, but game streaming just won't really be viable for us for a couple years.

One of my first games on the Gameboy  Advance was Pokémon Sapphire. It was the first Pokémon game I sunk hours into and probably solidified my love of not only Hoenn, but Pokemon in general. I remember using a water only team and having to level up Marshtomp to like level 30 before the third gym because, not unlike me, he was allergic to plants and I could not beat my rival's Grovyle without take down. 

Sacred Stones was the first Fire Emblem game I sunk my teeth into, but that was like years into the GBA's lifespan. 

Idk, bringing up gba is 18yo made me want to talk about the gba. 

Edited by Ares

Cool. I remember getting my purple GBA. Played through the first two Goldensun games on it, Pokemon Emerald and Pokemon Sapphire. Played it so much that the buttons became mushy and the soundchip died on it.

On a side note...

Epic Games has Oxenfree free until April 4th.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/oxenfree/home

Then The Witness is free from 4th to the 18th of April.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/the-witness/home

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Spent hundreds of hours playing Pokemon Ruby. This coincided at the phase where I really wanted Animal Crossing, so for a while I played in the hidden bases to mimic AC.
  • First time I had an Action Replay, and spent hours inputting codes. I remember for when I tried using the codes to force a wild Pokemon to appear, Nidoran would show up if it didn't work.
  • Wario Land 4 is still one of the best platformers ever. Go play it.
  • Sonic Advance is good enough to be part of the main series.
  • I remember when I first read about them releasing the "Classic NES Series", it sounded like they were including a bunch of NES games on one-cart. So cool! Then Nintendo turned around and demanded $25 for Ice Climbers.
  • I have the original White GBA, the crimson SP, and the Special Famicom Micro. The micro is still a really stylish device, and the screen quality is great.