Sluggy the Unshaven's Fort - N4A Chat Thread - March 2019

Tyranogre

And both digital codes for Odyssey/8 Deluxe are still currently out of stock/unavailable at Best Buy 

no idea if those two will be available again before the whenever the sale ends (Other than the 16th - I’m talking about time zone wise)

knew I should’ve jumped on those way sooner

crap

14 minutes ago, Shadow118 said:

And both digital codes for Odyssey/8 Deluxe are still currently out of stock/unavailable at Best Buy 

no idea if those two will be available again before the whenever the sale ends (Other than the 16th - I’m talking about time zone wise)

crap

Any way to get them physically for the same price? Or is it just a digital sale?

35 minutes ago, Shadow118 said:

crap

How the fuck do you run out of stock for a digital code?

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Any way to get them physically for the same price? Or is it just a digital sale?

it’s only the digital codes that are on sale on Best Buy from the Mario day thing

Physical is still the same price, so the sale doesn’t seem to apply to those

1 hour ago, Tyranogre said:

How the fuck do you run out of stock for a digital code?

Considering I don’t know how it works, hell if I know

All I know is that both are currently unavailable and don’t show up in search results

The promotion did have the standard "while supplies last" disclaimer, but it is very fair to point out that unlike physical products, there isn't physical stock of a digital item to run out of.

Which tells me Nintendo must have limited the number of discounted digital copies that were available for Walmart, Target and Best Buy to resell in an attempt to create a manufactured scarcity, prompting urgency from the customer. 

We saw similar tactics with Amiibo and the NES Classic. It's just comes off as more blatant here, because those were physical products. 

7 minutes ago, Shadow118 said:

it’s only the digital codes that are on sale on Best Buy from the Mario day thing

Physical is still the same price, so the sale doesn’t seem to apply to those

Considering I don’t know how it works, hell if I know

All I know is that both are currently unavailable and don’t show up in search results

Dang that sucks :(.

7 minutes ago, blcdude1 said:

The promotion did have the standard "while supplies last" disclaimer, but it is very fair to point out that unlike physical products, there isn't physical stock of a digital item to run out of.

Which tells me Nintendo must have limited the number of discounted digital copies that were available for Walmart, Target and Best Buy to resell in an attempt to create a manufactured scarcity, prompting urgency from the customer. 

We saw similar tactics with Amiibo and the NES Classic. It's just comes off as more blatant here, because those were physical products. 

That's just scummy of them to do. Hate when any companies offer loss leaders.

As of late I haven’t really had much interest in playing my 3DS games

The battery issue might have something to do with it... should really get around to either try resetting it or getting a new battery / might help with that

did Pop into New Leaf yesterday and apparently Apollo moved at some point...

Ah well, at least I still have Rosie in my town so that’s good 

______

On a seperate note, somewhat considering looking into a new Mid range/slightly expensive Laptop/PC at some point

Though my current laptop isn’t too bad, a lot of games have issues running or don’t run at all

Well, that’s a long ways down the road - so that’ll be awhile

Oh man, Sluggy Unshaven's Fort...how I do not miss you.  A very longwinded and painstaking slog amid the high peaks of Yoshi's Island.  Was a huge fan of level 5-3 right before this one because ya'know, Yoshi on skis...but this level was awful.  Raphael Raven's Castle was way preferable to this dump, lol