Sluggy the Unshaven's Fort - N4A Chat Thread - March 2019

Tyranogre

If you can't handle kiddos at just being loud and obnoxious you might have issues with them at their identity crisis stages. Adopting children is much harder than raising your own.  There is a whole new dynamic to raising children that you didn't conceive yourself. Lucky for me I don't have to worry about either case; I hope.

1 hour ago, wildflower said:

i love my family but jeepers am i ready to be in a household without children and almost constant loudness again

very brave of me to assume i could handle 3 weeks of this

I haven't even seen much of my family outside parents over the last several months, and a bit of my niece but to be quite frank... That's for the better. To be honest I feel like I don't really have a family at this point.

7 minutes ago, a/0 said:

If you can't handle kiddos at just being loud and obnoxious you might have issues with them at their identity crisis stages. Adopting children is much harder than raising your own.  There is a whole new dynamic to raising children that you didn't conceive yourself. Lucky for me I don't have to worry about either case; I hope.

I haven't even seen much of my family outside parents over the last several months, and a bit of my niece but to be quite frank... That's for the better. To be honest I feel like I don't really have a family at this point.

adopting children is not harder than raising your own, its parenting through and through and is difficult regardless of where your children came from

most people adopt toddlers or infants anyway because they're scared of dealing with a more formed personality

2 minutes ago, wildflower said:

adopting children is not harder than raising your own, its parenting through and through and is difficult regardless of where your children came from

most people adopt toddlers or infants anyway because they're scared of dealing with a more formed personality

Actually I think part of this is I am thinking of the wrong terminology. What I am thinking of is fostering children. Fostering when an original parent can influence things, and that is what I was thinking of.

You're also right. Younger children are in fact favored.

13 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

Kids are tough, sure, but I never cease to be amazed at how much I love my little ones. :) Even though they drive me bonkers and the lack of sleep is a killer...

Also surprising to me is I genuinely don’t have a favourite. I love them both in different ways. I always assumed my parents were just lying when they said that. :D 

thats really sweet! flower;

i love hearing about how much parents love their kids and what kind of people they're growing up to be, even if i don't particularly enjoy being around young ones

I can hear my nephew screeching upstairs, as he does every Monday visit. Yeah, I've known kids aren't my thing since forever, so having one of my own isn't in my desired future. There's a lot I'd like to do first before even thinking about it. I'd much prefer having cats, though I've come to learn that having pets severely limits your options in renting places.