New Pokemon game announcement coming Wednesday?

On February 20th, Pokemon's official Twitter account released this tweet:

...and every day since, they've done a similar one for each region. Keeping this pace up, Alola will be showcased tomorrow, Feb 26th, the day BEFORE Pokemon Day. And with the next gen already confirmed for a 2019 release, it definitely seems like they're gearing up for the announcement of the next region on Wednesday.

I'm not top of making threads like this. 

I actually saw yesterday this was gaining traction about these tweets and of course anyone would call this very suspicious but let's not get ahead of ourselves Pokemon Day could be just be about Pokemon Day.

Of course this time around I'm hoping for a Pokemon Direct on the upcoming Gen 8 game, please? If we don't it will be weird and sad because when else could we get new gen news?

History has shown that new gen news is usually at the start of the year between end of Jan or end of Feb.

Maybe i was just imagining it, but I thought I had seen a tweet (I have been unable to locate said tweet which makes me think I was imagining it) that a Pokemon Direct was coming sometime this week.

Either way, I would not be surprised if Gen 8 is revealed this week. 

2 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

It'll be Pokemon King and Pokemon Queen, just watch

I hope it's not. I hate those titles. If it is, then it'll be the first set of titles... that I won't be a fan of.

That said, if it is those titles... it's not a big deal. Content means more to me.

Given that it is only 7 minutes of new info, we'll probably get the titles.

Edited by Doc Brown
26 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Black and White.

See I would be on the same page as this but that is until I started to play this game that name couldn't less inspired. I really don't get this for those who actually played this gen.

If anything reason for X and Y makes less sense, even if adding x something makes it cooler it does when naming them has nothing to do with the letter itself.

51 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

3rd game Ace or Joker?

Funny you bring this up.

So you know the Mega Man Battle Network games that came out for the GBA, there was spiritual successor to that like Mega Man to Mega Man X.

The name of the spiritual successor of MMBN was Mega Man Starforce for the DS. There were 6 of the GBA and only 3 for the DS. Now for what I was getting at with Joker and Ace with this specific series. The name of the last of these titles for the DS was: Mega Man Starforce 3: Red Joker and Black Ace.

Here the boxarts for the games:

Spoiler

image.png.551e723e0ffbd8136b4cb5f2fafa717e.png

image.png.33d3cc4ca1c28b1acb3d6e2f290ac2c3.png

The thing to make note just like Pokemon, around the 3 entry of the battle network series, is actually when the series were doing versions like Pokemon. So if Capcom did this and Joker and Ace were thing. I almost wouldn't be surprised if there was 3rd version name either Joker or Ace.

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

3rd game Ace or Joker?

Royal King and Royal Queen obv. 

And before y'all jump on the speculation train, it might be good to remember that Let's Go was designed to be a console experience in contrast with the handheld experiences of gen 8 (I can't find the url, atm, but it was the interview on the Pokémon website around the same time let's go dropped). So if you're hoping for open world with fully 3d environments and camera control, or even something that looks like Town or Yokai Watch 4, whelp y;

Edit: found link https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/pokemon-creators-share-more-details-on-upcoming-games/

Mr. Ishihara: I can't really say much more than what we've already talked about today. But what I can say is that Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! focus on the home console gameplay experience, but the games next year will focus more on handheld features and gameplay experience

Edited by Ares