Nintendo of America’s Reggie Fils-Aime to Retire: Doug Bowser Named New President

Chrom

46 minutes ago, Kezay said:

The fan amiibo is a really cool thing and I can only imagine how touched the creator of it was to see it in Reggie's farewell video.  Man, that's cool!

The Doug Bowser memes though...maaaaaaaan, he doesn't yet know what he's in for; but he'll learn.  Oh HE'LL LEARN! XD

Definitely. There are some really talented people out there.

Yep. XD

(my e on my computer is giving me a hard time)

• Chrom featured this topic

This news hit me like a bomb, man. Reggie pretty much embodies the golden days of G4/GameSpot/IGN interviews and E3's that I remember so very fondly. He's been the guy who smoothly convinced me to buy into their products for like, half my life. It's tough news to stomach - but I have no doubt Doug Bowser will be awesome for the job! He's got some big shoes to fill; but I believe in his abilities.

I was thinking a few months ago how long Reggie was with Nintendo and how long he could be with them still. He's only 57 which is pretty young. But the man as done so much in 15 years. He deserves this retirement and time to spend with his family. When I think of Reggie, I think back to the Nsider 1 era. He joined December 2003 at NOA and I joined Nsider either Jan/Feb of 2004. Also will think about the glory days of the Wii.

I thank Reggie for everything and I am looking froward to see what Doug Bowser can do for Nintendo.

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2019 at 12:26 AM, DLurkster said:

He's not lying blunders but like similar to Iwata we will miss him as person, his persona, his presence, and his personality.

Obligatory gamexplain video post.

------

Now here's a question: Who will be the VP of sales and marketing with Bowser being president?

When Reggie first started at Nintendo her was VP of sales and marketing, then became president. Which Cammie Dunaway became VP, I forget when she left then Scott moffitt became VP and then finally Doug Bowser. So who will fill the VP shoes now?

Well here's my answer to my last question from this post.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/333672-nick-chavez-becomes-nintendo-s-new-senior-vice-president-of-sales

Controversial opinion: The Bowser puns aren't funny or clever, were never funny or clever, and will never be funny or clever.

I'm reminded of when Avengers and Jurassic Park were the new big things, and people still spam "memes" from those movies with no wit or substance to them other than "Look! I made My First Reference!"