Super Mario Maker 2 / NEW UPDATE INCOMING 4/22 NOW LIVE

I can't wait.

*I can't wait for the Gamexplain video breaking down the trailer either, so much stuff, so fast.

But, off the top of my head:

Angry Sun!

Clear pipes!

SM3DW style set!

Custom backgrounds!

Forward firing Giant Bullet Bills!

Fence climbing!

Parachuting enemies!

Flaming Koopa Clown Car RETURNS!

SLOPES!

Setting scrolling angles.

Mario and Luigi with builder costumes?

What I didn't see:

Only SMB3 style and no SMB style tile set.

No mystery mushroom transformations.

They didn't necessarily show having the same level having alternating graphical styles... just a one off style for each level.  I wonder if that means they are having to do that differently.

A brief GX video about a screen shot:

Definitely take notes of his points.....

Edited by purple_beard

I am hoping the creator's length and height dimensions are increased because I would love to remake the Race to the Finish stage from Smash Bros Melee a bit more accurately/to scale

Also I cannot wait to try out the stages Ross from GameGrumps makes. I beat all of his creations in the first Mario Maker, and I can almost guarantee he'll make even better stuff in this game

Edited by Surge135

Although I don’t think Nintendo stated it yet or not, but I’m assuming this game will also have continued Amiibo support?

Id be somewhat surprised if it didn’t...

Wonder if we’ll see any new ones tied to the newer Smash Amiibo (or any newer ones in general)?

Granted I don’t currently have any Amiibo, so I’m not sure if that matters to me or not currently 

1 hour ago, Shadow118 said:

Although I don’t think Nintendo stated it yet or not, but I’m assuming this game will also have continued Amiibo support?

Id be somewhat surprised if it didn’t...

Wonder if we’ll see any new ones tied to the newer Smash Amiibo (or any newer ones in general)?

Granted I don’t currently have any Amiibo, so I’m not sure if that matters to me or not currently 

I don't see why they wouldn't.  But they also didn't say anything about the Mystery Mushrooms that granted that power in the original.  Also, I wonder if they would do a Builder Mario amiibo for the game as they used those 8Bit Marios for effects in the last game.

5 hours ago, purple_beard said:

I don't see why they wouldn't.  But they also didn't say anything about the Mystery Mushrooms that granted that power in the original.  Also, I wonder if they would do a Builder Mario amiibo for the game as they used those 8Bit Marios for effects in the last game.

If that stuff still is in the game, it’s possible that they’re either waiting for another Direct or E3 to show more features and additions off - it was said that more things were being worked on

Hm... makes me wonder, if they decide to bring back and do another World Championship at E3 this year, Wonder if Mario Maker 2 would make an appearance in it like the first game....?

Though I suppose that’s WAY to early to speculate on thier E3 plans... though I suppose it’s an interesting/curious thought at least...?

8 hours ago, Shadow118 said:

If that stuff still is in the game, it’s possible that they’re either waiting for another Direct or E3 to show more features and additions off - it was said that more things were being worked on

Hm... makes me wonder, if they decide to bring back and do another World Championship at E3 this year, Wonder if Mario Maker 2 would make an appearance in it like the first game....?

Though I suppose that’s WAY to early to speculate on thier E3 plans... though I suppose it’s an interesting/curious thought at least...?

I'd put money on SMM2 and/or Pokémon being the E3 theme this year.

Words can not express how much I've been waiting for this! Of all the games I wanted a Switch sequel or port of, this was definitely top 3! Now we have Smash, Hyrule Warriors, Pokken, and soon enough we'll have Mario Maker! Pretty much just waiting on a Pikmin collection at this point. :P

This game in particular though, probably only took a second seat to Smash Bros. It's just such a spectacular idea, with fantastic execution. A wonderful celebration of one of the biggest genre defining franchises of all time! Creating, sharing, playing, I can not wait!

• 2 weeks later...

They even joke about it taking them so long.

A darn near 90m video and the definitely looked very hard at everything.  From just what they picked out I think this new game is going to have WAY more stuff than the original.

And one of the key things I came to the conclusion to with their video, and it sounded like Andre said/felt the same, is that there will be a lot of interchangeable assets between styles but they might also be offering style specific options too.

Edited by purple_beard
  • 2 weeks later...