purple_beard

Super Mario Maker 2 / June 28: 12/5 UPDATE IS LIVE

Just now, purple_beard said:

So, after 10?

Yeah! I'll probably play up to an hour since I plan to watch something with my brother tonight.

Nice to see more content coming to SMM2 for free like with the Wii U game. I really like what they've done with adding Link to the game. Though, seeing him in SMM2 really makes me wish the game had amiibo costumes like SMM on WIi U. :( 

Edited by alienboyva

Link is a great idea in theory, but the fact that he's specifically tied to a power-up might cause problems.

Creators will have to go out of their way to put extra Master Swords into their courses, because if the player gets hit and loses it while in the middle of trying to solve a puzzle, they could be soft-locked.

3 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Creators will have to go out of their way to put extra Master Swords into their courses, because if the player gets hit and loses it while in the middle of trying to solve a puzzle, they could be soft-locked.

Don't some challenge levels make that sore of the point?

Back in the first SMM I made a couple levels that required you to keep a power-up (like a Fire Flower) all the way to the end of the level to get access to the exit.

I was just thinking we were overdue for new SMM2 content since I was playing the game a bit over the holiday weekend.

Those look like some cool additions! Link is especially surprising, and I wonder if he will open the door for more guest characters to be added.

And yeah, requiring the Master Sword power-up really isn't any different from requiring any other power-up. I made a level that requires the cat suit—all I did was include some warp pipes that can continuously produce cat bells in case the player got hit.

I'm feeling that Ninji Speedrun stuff....  and the cool Ninji outfits.

I'm feeling Spike and Pokey for sure.

The Link stuff is cool but damnit..... we need the mystery mushroom to return for all the outfits and what not.

*I am kind of feeling the 4 Swords colors for multiplayer LOL.

Edited by purple_beard