Super Mario Maker 2 / NEW UPDATE INCOMING 4/22 NOW LIVE

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Newest direct for the game itself

style"s"

So, I brought this up with my brother.... Angry Sun's closest relative in the Nintendo Mario Universe is Phanto from SMB2.....   IMO, Styles and this make me thing a SMB2 tileset that will be incoming.  Because it appears that with SM3DW set to the side and its extra options, they would do some custom tilesets with their own parameters.

Edited by purple_beard
Just now, purple_beard said:

I see nothing....

I want to PO right now but what is stopping me is when I PO SMM for Wii U there were bonus shit. I want that for the Switch as well.

Do have to wait till E3 for those special PO stuff? I'll wait that long but that's pretty ridiculous by that point it will be 2 weeks before the game releases so why share something like that so late, tho.

1 minute ago, DLurkster said:

I want to PO right now but what is stopping me is when I PO SMM for Wii U there were bonus shit. I want that for the Switch as well.

Do have to wait till E3 for those special PO stuff? I'll wait that long but that's pretty ridiculous by that point it will be 2 weeks before the game releases so why share something like that so late, tho.

I did a PO before my GCU with BBY ended....

Cool new nuggets

Interesting thoughts on Hammer Time.

If I go down the Hammer Bro Suit from SMB3 route of thought:

I'd love it to appear and Hammer Bros have been in the game since Mario started so.... bring it on.  That said, in SMB3 I found the suit to hard to get and while its powers were worth it, the odd arcs of the hammer toss made it not the best power up to use.  I'd see it as easily translatable to other styles.

If I go down the Hammer/Pick Axe route of thought:

Not sure how that would work as far as destructible powers mowing through stuff.  If you lean towards the Captain Toad functionality, I really don't see that being a thing in a Mario Maker type game (granted the Mega Mushroom performed a similar task but as I recall that didn't make it into MM1.

SMM2 won't have online play with friends, nor will it have amiibo support...

Nintendo, why? 😭 Not being able to play online with friends makes absolutely no since, and no amiibo support? ...That was like one of the best parts of SMM on Wii U, even though it was limited to the original SMB theme. Maybe they wanted SMM2 to be straight up 'Super Mario' only?

Edited by alienboyva