TETRIS 99 - Battle Royale Tetris! | 🏆38th Maximus Cup: 12/14 - 12/18 (SMB: Wonder)

25 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm betting they're targeting you more now given that you got to number 3 earlier. They consider you to be a bit of a threat now.

When were you able to get up to number 3 time wise?

I'd try around times when less people were on, or at least less competitive (not that it would make more of a difference at this time, but it couldn't hurt).

Congrats on the All Clears!

Around 8pm is when I got 3rd. Yeah, It'd be easier when less people are on. I'm gonna play some more tonight when my Switch finishes charging. BTW, I did get put into a game with only 17 people (including me) and the rest CPUs (see spoiler), but for some reason I totally F'd up at the start and couldn't recover from the shitty stack I was making. >_< I probably could have won that game too.

Spoiler

Thanks! ^_^

Edited by alienboyva

Ah that's probably why I reached 11th. It was around 10pm. The later the better.

Dang that sucks. :( 

Hope you have better luck tonight. Fingers crossed.

Just came in 17th. Screwed up towards the end due to the speed, and my dang sweaty palms. :P 

tongue;  Just saw a Tetris pro on Twitter complaining about coming in 2nd. Dude... that's very good. May not be first, but still... it's something.

Edited by Doc Brown

Story of my night (best of the night 4th)... 

EDIT: So, it has come to my attention that skill based matching isn’t good for BR games. Though, I’m playing some of the best Tetris I ever played in this event, but it’s not enough to take on the pros. I’m damn determined to get 1 win this event, but after last night I’m not sure how likely that is any more. 

——————————————————-

Gonna leave this here... :v 

R.I.P. non-pros. T_T

Edited by alienboyva

Damn, this thing is so skewered that there needs to be two separate competitions. One for pros and one for non pros. Just to make it more fair and balanced. No amount of 'getting gud' is going to change things. Unless people have a lot of time on their hands to do it. Word about luck. I've been thinking that for awhile now.

I'm not trying after midnight again myself. Ended up in 63rd place. People on the other side of the world were up. anhero;

Edited by Doc Brown

Well, here's the best I could do this event...

I've been playing so much Tetris this weekend that I've literally been getting the "Tetris Efect" :P 

I just couldn’t compete with all those pros, even though I was playing some of my best Tetris ever (I noticed my game getting a bit better). I started to get in a groove tonight where I kept firing off back-to-back tetrises, but that still wasn't enough. If there wasn't an even't going on, I most likely could have gotten another win, hell maybe even two. I managed to get another 2nd in this event, where it was down to me and one other person. I noticed that it was taking a while for him to KO me and though, but come to find out he was setting up a B2B Tetris. I was like "Damn! That was mean! T_T" All he had to do to KO me was get a couple doubles/triples, but no, he had to be a show off. >_>  I probably could have  held him back a bit more so he couldn't have pulled-off a B2B tetris, but at the speed there was now way I was gonna set up a tetris with the blocks I was getting.

Still, in the back of my mind I can't help but wonder if a good chunk of these so call "pros" were just hackers. With 999 gold My Nintendo points on the line, which can be used for $10 in Switch eShop credit, I would not be surprised if there were quit a bit of hackers. Seriously, if I find proof of hackers during this even't I'm gonna be pissed and demand Nintendo at least give me that badge for winning for coming in 2nd twice (not sure if it stays after the event) or something. 

I really hope the next event doesn't require you to get the most wins, because with all the pros out, it's it ruins the event a bit constantly getting hammered by them. Now if they also counted any medal position (1st, 2nd, & 3rd) you earned, it wouldn't fell as bad getting hammered by all the pros the whole event. If it's going to be like this every event, where pros dominate and make it hard for no-pros to compete, then F these events!

-------------------------------------------------------------

So, this during this event I got...

🥈2nd: 2x
🥉3rd: 1x
- 4th: 4x
- 5th: 3x

Even though I didn't get a win, I still feel I did damn good, given how stiff the competition was with all the pros being out! ^_^

Edited by alienboyva
1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Good job you guys. I just feel lucky breaking the top 20.

Thanks!

Though, I'm just a little bummed I didn't get a win, especially since I've already proven I can do it.  If the event lasted a bit longer I could have eventually done it. Like I previously mentioned, I still did damn good despite not getting a win. :)  Oh...I noticed when looking at my stats, I managed to break my KO record of 7  during this event with 10 KOs.

Just watch, I'll get on after the event ends and get a win in my first game, now there aren't so many pros out. y; LOL!

Edited by alienboyva
6 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Thanks!

Though, I'm just a little bummed I didn't get a win, especially since I've already proven I can do it.  If the event lasted a bit longer I could have eventually done it. Like I previously mentioned, I still did damn good despite not getting a win. :)  Oh...I noticed when looking at my stats, I managed to break my KO record of 7  during this event with 10 KOs.

Just watch, I'll get on after the event ends and get a win in my first game, now there aren't so many pros out. y; LOL!

You're welcome. Sweet.

Yep XD. Isn't that usually the case.

I'm wondering about cheaters too, like you mentioned above. Thankfully haven't run into too many bad situations... but I can see how it could get bad towards the top there though.

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

You're welcome. Sweet.

Yep XD. Isn't that usually the case.

I'm wondering about cheaters too, like you mentioned above. Thankfully haven't run into too many bad situations... but I can see how it could get bad towards the top there though.

It's kinda hard to tell if people are hackers or if they're just really good, since it docent show the other players in real time. Though, I have been sent half a matrix full of garbage + a Tetris back-to-back within like 5 secs of a match starting during this even't, which made me question hacking. I know some pros can play un-humanly fast, but an All Clear (I assume it is...?) and a Tetris that fast at the start of a match? Hmmm...

20 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

It's kinda hard to tell if people are hackers or if they're just really good, since it docent show the other players in real time. Though, I have been sent half a matrix full of garbage + a Tetris back-to-back within like 5 secs of a match starting during this even't, which made me question hacking. I know some pros can play un-humanly fast, but an All Clear (I assume it is...?) and a Tetris that fast at the start of a match? Hmmm...

Yea good point. That one time when I got a half a ton of garbage within a minute or so had me wondering as well. It was by 5 people... but it happened way fast. Word. That's strange.

Been getting better clearing junk on my end, so I guess this contest has been good for something I guess.

11 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yea good point. That one time when I got a half a ton of garbage within a minute or so had me wondering as well. It was by 5 people... but it happened way fast. Word. That's strange.

Been getting better clearing junk on my end, so I guess this contest has been good for something I guess.

That's actually possible given how many people where attacking you and how fast people can play. Most likely multiple people were firing off B2B tetrises.

The half + matrix full of garbage that was sent to me was all sent by one person in like 5 secs after the match started. 

Edited by alienboyva
10 hours ago, alienboyva said:

That's actually possible given how many people where attacking you and how fast people can play. Most likely multiple people were firing off B2B tetrises.

The half + matrix full of garbage that was sent to me was all sent by one person in like 5 secs after the match started. 

Yea you're probably right on that one. Just bad timing.

Ah now that's crazy. There's no way that one person could have done that much at once. Unless they've set up a high stack somehow to do so, and that would take insane good luck.

Amazing how you guys got up to 2nd place. Great job.

Best I could do honestly is 15th. Which isn't bad at all considering up until this game, I wasn't a big Tetris player at all. It's a very fun game but can get very annoying fast when there are 5 people attacking you at once. 

Overall I'll continue to play this game even after this event in hopes of getting better. 

4 hours ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

Amazing how you guys got up to 2nd place. Great job.

Best I could do honestly is 15th. Which isn't bad at all considering up until this game, I wasn't a big Tetris player at all. It's a very fun game but can get very annoying fast when there are 5 people attacking you at once. 

Overall I'll continue to play this game even after this event in hopes of getting better. 

Thanks! The best I've actually done was 1st, but I just could't get a win in this past event, thanks to all the pros. I got damn close though!

15th is really good for someone who isn't much of a Tetris  player! :)  Though, I feel like this game does have a bit of luck factor with how many people attack you at once and how early on you get attacked. Games where I get attacked by multiple people (especially pros) early one, I'm lucky to get in to the Top 50. My main problem has been getting slammed with a B2B Tetris and then some, when I'm trying to set up a B2B Tetris (the garbage opening is always in the worst spot >_<) or trying to clear out blocks to get to the garbage.  Also, I've been noticing that I'm not getting KOs when I attack people about to KOs. I'll send them a Tetris  and they will KO, but I won't get the KO. IDK if it's because multiple people are attacking the same person as me and some got a finishing attack in before I did, or what. It seems every time I get into the Top 10, I get wrecked by someone who has full badges (100% attack power) while I have hardly any or none. I'm starting to think I'd like this game better without the badges/increased attack power.

Edited by alienboyva

I played a few rounds after our Mario Kart Night last night and the best I manged to do was 2nd twice. Each time I was K.O.ed by someone who had more badges than me (still having that issue I mentioned above where I'm not get badges). Other times, this...

• alienboyva changed the title to TETRIS 99 - Battle Royale Tetris!

A new update for Tetris 99 is out with small update (see tweet below)....

Nice see that during a tourney they will now award you points based on where you place. :)  I got in the Top 3 quite a few times during the last event and basically...since I didn't get any 1st place wins (thanks Tetris pros), Nintendo was like...

Related image

• alienboyva changed the title to TETRIS 99 - Battle Royale Tetris! | Ver. 1.2.0. available
32 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

A new update for Tetris 99 is out with small update (see tweet below)....

Nice see that during a tourney they will now award you points based on where you place. :)  I got in the Top 3 quite a few times during the last event and basically...since I didn't get any 1st place wins (thanks Tetris pros), Nintendo was like...

Related image

That's good, a start from them. Given that the average person stands no chance against the Pros for the most part.

As for the update, sounds pretty ho hum. Was hoping for the new offline stuff.

Edited by Doc Brown