TETRIS 99 - Battle Royale Tetris! | šŸ†38th Maximus Cup: 12/14 - 12/18 (SMB: Wonder)

The 2nd onlineĀ event for TETRIS 99 is coming up this weekend, with another chance to win 999 gold My Nintendo points!...

Ā 

9jW4D3i.png?1

Ā 

With the change to how youĀ earn points duringĀ events, I should have a much better chance at making top 999. ...But all those pros that come out in masses for events.

Ā 

Nintendo: 2nd Tetris 99 event

Me after getting in the top 3 quite a few times (no 1st) last event:

KnHL9m5.png?1

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to TETRIS 99 - Battle Royale Tetris! | šŸ†2nd Maximus Cup! (4/12 - 4/14)
2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

You can do it! I'll be cheering for you.Ā lhappy;

Ā 

That said, they do need to have a pro competition and one for non pros.

Ā 

Thanks!Ā kvhappy;

Ā 

If they'd just do what they did in EU and put you in a drawing for getting a win. Or better yet, keep this stacking points thing, where 100 pts = a win and you get put into a drawing.

Just now, alienboyva said:

Ā 

Thanks!Ā kvhappy;

Ā 

If they'd just do what they did in EU and put you in a drawing for getting a win. Or better yet, keep this stacking points thing, where 100 pts = a win and you get put into a drawing.

You're welcome!

Ā 

Definitely on both counts.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Just played for fun last night and got 75th place lol. I'm just playing for the shits and giggles now as I have no chance. :PĀ 

Here's my final standings. This is theĀ equivalent of 5 1st place wins. I probably could have gotten 1k if I was able to play all 3 days. Hell, I didn't even get to play as much as I did inĀ the last event. The highest I was able to get was 3rdĀ twice, though I did come in the top 10 quite a few times. I noticed some matches took a hell of a long time to get into the top 10. The blocks would be falling at full speed before we even reached the top 10.Ā 

Ā 

Hopefully this is enough to make the top 999.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by alienboyva
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New game modes coming, including offline modes, but itā€™s paid DLC. Also, the 3rd online event has been announced (see 2nd tweet below), which if you score 100 pts, you will unlock a Game Boy theme.

Ā 

Ā 

Hmm...Iā€™m not sure if this is worth $10. Itā€™s really weird to have to pay for offline modes, especially on top of the $20 a year for NSO. This should be free for NSO members and paid for everyone else.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

A Game Boy Theme? :oĀ  I really hope they do more themes.

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to TETRIS 99 - Battle Royale Tetris! | šŸ†3rd Maximus Cup! (5/17-19) + New DLC modes coming!
2 hours ago, alienboyva said:

New game modes coming, including offline modes, but itā€™s paid DLC. Also, the 3rd online event has been announced (see 2nd tweet below), which if you score 100 pts, you will unlock a Game Boy theme.

Ā 

Ā 

Hmm...Iā€™m not sure if this is worth $10. Itā€™s really weird to have to pay for offline modes, especially on top of the $20 a year for NSO. This should be free for NSO members and paid for everyone else.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

A Game Boy Theme? :oĀ  I really hope they do more themes.

Really guys? Dammit. Guess I'll have to put some money aside.Ā  And it won't be for awhile, since I need that money for a Switch screen protector. Only upside is that it's a one time payment for that.

Edited by Doc Brown
49 minutes ago, Dancing Mog said:

Another DLC pack will be released as part of this pack for $10 so not a bad price really though would prefer a free marathon mode, hope to get some funds for my bday at the end of the month.

Ā 

That'sĀ not too bad, I guess. I still have $5 left in my account from when I used an eShop card to get Lumines Remastered about a year go, so I only really have to pay $5. Though it just seems weird to have to pay for offline modes in an online game, which you get for FREE for subscribing to an online service.Ā 

Ā 

I wonder if non-NSO members will be able to buy this DLC? I would guess so, since anyone can download the game and you only need NSO to play the online mode(s). ...Unless the game won't let you boot it with out an NSO membership, like the NES game app.

Here's some footage of the DLC (video below)...

Ā 

For $10 they could at least added some new music. >_> That damn Tetris theme remix is going to get old FAST!. *Sigh* ...Even theĀ GB version had 3 songsĀ you could choose from.

Ā 

Also, is Marathon only 150 lines? No endless? I need my endless!Ā At this point I'm starting to thinkĀ Puyo Puyo Tetris is a better value, even though it costs a bit more.Ā 

Ā 

EDIT: Oh! It seems there is another option to choose from in Marathon besides 150 lines, not sure if it's endless, since it's not in English.

Ā 

EDIT 2:Ā Looking at the eShop it says the $10 DLC is a Season Pass and there'sĀ another pack that's supposed to be out by theĀ end of the year. It doesn't lookingĀ like you can by the packs separately though.Ā If you can get all future DLC for free with this Pass (not sure if they will add more than 2 DLC packs) then $10 is a good deal. Still not sure if I'm going to get this yet. Though, If I use my gold My Nintendo pts along with the $5 I already have in my account, I'd only have to pay $1.30 or so.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to TETRIS 99 - Battle Royale Tetris! | šŸ†3rd Maximus Cup! (5/17-19) + New DLC modes are HERE!