Link's Awakening coming to Switch

I prefer the top down Zelda format to the 3D Zelda format overall, so I'm excited to get Link's Awakening later this year. Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks and ALBW were some of the better games I've played on their respective platforms. It already feels like it has more diversity in its world than BoTW and I hope it has some of the openness in its progression that ALBW has. I haven't played the original game nor do I intend to: I want to go into this game fresh.

So I've been listening to a bunch of Link's Awakening music to get hyped up (moreso) and I caught an arrangement of Eagle's Tower and noticed it gave off a similar vibe to the music from Snowpeak Ruins in Twilight Princess. Which I found interesting as both dungeons have you carry around heavy balls used to destroy parts of the dungeon to reach the end.

• 6 months later...

Who's looking forward to Link's Awakening on Switch this Friday?

I was kind of iffy on this before the Nintendo Direct earlier (I was going to get it eventually), but the more I saw when previews/reviews came out, it reminded me of just how stunning this game is visually (Makes me wonder if they will remake the Oracle games in this art style). I never owned the game back in the day on the GB or GBC. The first time I played it was on 3DS, when I got it as a Club Nintendo reward. I thought the game was a lot fun for what it was, but it didn't overly wow me or anything (I probably would have enjoyed it more had I played it back in the day). However, I did like all the non-LoZ elements they added. I never actually finished the game (I think I got about half way, maybe more), but I'm really looking forward to completing this on Switch (may go back and finish the DX version on the 3DS VC afterwards). I just got a call from my local GameStop and they are doing a midnight launch for the game (I assume the Switch Lite as well). WOOT! lvhappy;

H54LtKm.png

Edited by alienboyva

I'm not sure if this is going to be in the game or not (I'd assume so), but possible minor spoilers...

The Ballad of the Wind Fish now has lyrics...IN ENGLISH! I know this was featured in the same trailer for JPN, but it was in Japanese.

Edited by alienboyva

He explains that frame rate commentary the best of anyone to discuss its issues like IGN and GX.  I wonder if there is some software patch that can fix it as since a playable form of the game has been out it has been universally complained about its frame rate oddities.

A tale of tales today:

I got my ready for pick up email about my Genesis mini late last night so I went to BBY to pick it up.  I saw in their buckets they had pulled Link amiibos, Link's Awakening games, and the other amiibos coming out as well as the Genesis mini.  The lady pulls all of my stuff and I saw she pulled two Links but no game so I was looking at the labels to make sure something weird didn't happen.  We figured it out and one Link amiibo went back and my game got pulled.  Then she proceeded to close out everything.  She got register blocked on all of my amiibos and the game but I did get my Genesis Mini.  That said, it looked like the had no store stock at all for that Genesis Mini.  In a trip around town only GS and Target had extra stock of the Genesis Mini.  No one had put out any stuff for tomorrow early for the Nintendo side of this tale.  Neither the BBY or GS in my areas was doing any midnights for the Nintendo mother load tomorrow.

I knew for a while my dreamer edition of this game is not coming today. I order from Amazon.com and not ca because I missed the window to PO from there. But even if I ordered from Amazon.ca I have seen on amiibo Canada reddit it's not delivery until September 24th to October 1st. For me it is October 1st to October 4th. If that is what it means get the 2nd best limited edition, then so be it.

4 hours ago, purple_beard said:

He explains that frame rate commentary the best of anyone to discuss its issues like IGN and GX.  I wonder if there is some software patch that can fix it as since a playable form of the game has been out it has been universally complained about its frame rate oddities.

I'm surprised to see this game is having frame rate issues, because Nintendo games usually don't have performance issues like this.Well, at least the frame rate drop is just when loading a new area, so it's not too big of a problem. I assume Nintendo will fix this via a patch, because IIRC, BOTW got a performance patch on the Switch. Though, the real question is when? We're still waiting for that update to play with friends online in SMM2 and that game came out in June. Nintendo most likely knows about this issue with LoZ: LA on Switch and has plans to fix it. They probably had to get this game out A.S.A.P. for what ever reason and planned to fix it after launch, since it wasn't that big of an issue. Still, it would be best if people were very vocal about it. Hell, it worked for getting Nintendo to let us play with friends online in SMM2, even though as previously mentioned, we're still waiting for that update.

I got may copy of the game and I'll see how much of an issue this is for me when I play the game later this evening.

OMG THIS STEELBOOK! They even went all out with the packaging. All we got with our Limited Edition was just the game + art book in your standard box. Why can't we have nice things, NOA? T_T

2 hours ago, XLW said:

I can’t wait for my Limited Edition! 

... Turns out the seller I got it from MAY BE a ghost. As in a fake. ... *cough*

Ahhh... Don't say that! :(  I really hope you get yours.

I hate how ever since the amiibo and NES Classic Edition craze, scalping Nintendo products (especially limited edition items) has become a thing now. >:(  

17 hours ago, purple_beard said:

GS was doing those posters?  WOW, they really pop.

Yup! ...And their site only mentioned purchasing the game to get the poster and not pre-ordering, so... Oh, BTW...Target is doing these really neat pins.

I kind of wish GS wasn't doing another poster (I got one form M8K Wii U, SMM Wii U, BotW, SSU, and now LoZ: LA), but this poster is beautiful! I love the border around the box art art work. It really makes me wish they had that border on the actual box art for the game.

Edited by alienboyva

F1ECCF20-159D-420F-823A-7416FDB59F7B.thumb.jpeg.8c18e9dbc96fa06164bf4df5e9e1ecc6.jpeg

Spoiler

0CCE6186-6026-4139-85A2-780C8C26F9B4.thumb.jpeg.db7117028b5f8f0f421f2f7bfa144cf4.jpegC3E5F37F-C27C-422E-99B8-3D6D4F893D95.thumb.jpeg.cbde06276865221969de0caba72d008e.jpeg67C459C5-37F3-45A6-8B12-043D3ABFE1B6.thumb.jpeg.e27b1a24456f90ec2f3ef3e34f2bdc27.jpeg

Well that was fun. Clocked in at about 7.5 hours. If it were DX version it would’ve been 100% run but I still need to find some of the new content collectibles and do some more Dampe stuff. 

Every bit as wonderful as I remember with ridiculously charming visuals and a stellar soundtrack. 

13/10