Nintendo Direct 02.13.2019 - 2:00PM PT - 5:00PM ET

Looking forward to Yoshi's Crafted World next month, definitely grabbing it.

Super Mario Maker 2 may finally be my chance to dive deep into this game. Played it both on the WiiU and 3DS, but limitations were a hindrance to my enjoyment.

Not sure how I feel about Fire Emblem: Three Houses. It's weird, because in retrospect, when they showed off FE Awakening, Fates, and SoV, I had the same indifference as I do now. It's difficult to really dissect a Fire Emblem game until it's in your hands. I'm not a fan of the school setting, and I'm genuinely worried that there will be romance options for the main character. But after SoV, I have some faith that Intelligent System will make the right decision, and have the budget to impress.

I'm definitely double-dipping on Dragon Quest XI. All the new features sound perfect. It's understandable some people are miffed having bought the PS4/PC version. As a long Dragon Quest fan, it's never a promise that any Dragon Quest game will be localized, and even Square-Enix was touting this message of "You better buy this game or the series is dead forever." In the meantime I'll be finishing the game on PS4, and I do appreciate the game on that system for it's graphical fidelity.

Link's Awakening being remade is a dream come true.

The Direct was very "meh" for me until that Link's Awakening reveal. Lost my shit when they revealed it and am absolutely in love with the art style for it.

No idea why they're remastering AC3, imo it's the weakest in the series, Rogue or Black Flag would've been okay but I guess if they want to do the Kenway trilogy...

I'd love it if Mario Maker had a full version and a play-only version at two different prices for us less-creative types.

Edited by EH_STEVE
On 2/14/2019 at 12:04 PM, EH_STEVE said:

The Direct was very "meh" for me until that Link's Awakening reveal. Lost my shit when they revealed it and am absolutely in love with the art style for it.

No idea why they're remastering AC3, imo it's the weakest in the series, Rogue or Black Flag would've been okay but I guess if they want to do the Kenway trilogy...

I'd love it if Mario Maker had a full version and a play-only version at two different prices for us less-creative types.

I really don't get the hate on AC3, yeah Connor is bland and boarish but I thought the landscape and combat was great and that where the sailing got its start from.

That title there was 3 AC game I'd play and I played the best AC titles before this one, those would be ACII and Brotherhood. So it takes a lot for me to play those titles first to call AC3 the weakest. Maybe I just see something different in that title that ppl just don't see.

I don't if I should get this on Switch or PS4. Honestly looking at it on Switch I can see difference from Wii U but man something looked off.

ACIII had the unenviable job of following the ACII trilogy, which I believe is still considered the peak of the franchise. I personally wouldn't call ACIII the weakest in the series, but after Ezio, Connor was totally lackluster, and after the gorgeous architecture of Italy, the woods of North America just weren't as exciting. And even if ACIII did start the ship and sailing component of the franchise, I'd argue that subsequent games did it better anyway.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure the reason ACIII is getting ported over any other AC is because the PS4/XOne port is coming soon and ACIII was on Wii U, so it's probably less work to get it working on Switch.

• Chrom featured this topic
1 hour ago, Eliwood8 said:

ACIII had the unenviable job of following the ACII trilogy, which I believe is still considered the peak of the franchise. I personally wouldn't call ACIII the weakest in the series, but after Ezio, Connor was totally lackluster, and after the gorgeous architecture of Italy, the woods of North America just weren't as exciting. And even if ACIII did start the ship and sailing component of the franchise, I'd argue that subsequent games did it better anyway.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure the reason ACIII is getting ported over any other AC is because the PS4/XOne port is coming soon and ACIII was on Wii U, so it's probably less work to get it working on Switch.

Hmm, I'll admit the settlements North America is not Italy but I actually like the wood setting especially during the winter. I though was beautiful, and there's many ways to set up traps for animals and enemies as well.

You're right about about the sailing being better in subsequent games. I have played Black Flag and felt it was better for sure. I have not played Rogue so I don't know how it evolves or is the same as Black Flag. All I'm saying is sailing had it start from there, it may not of been perfect there but sailing wouldn't be as it is if wasn't for ACIII is what I'm saying.

The reason to port ACIII probably makes sense engine perspective. Any game after Black Flag (which was on Wii U too and PS4 and XB1) probably cannot run on Switch without some major tinkering to those gamse were sort of exclusive mess for PS4 and XB1 (I'm talking about you Unity). Morseso the last two games Origins and Odyssey.

I think it's possibly to port Unity and Syndicate but that will take a lot work that is probably not worth for Switch. Switch is more than capable with some of this gens games running on it, as long as it doesn't have 4K visuals as exclusive thing and Origins and Odyssey is a no no.