Nintendo Direct 02.13.2019 - 2:00PM PT - 5:00PM ET

3 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

...What am I missing here? Why is no one stoked?

They got to reveal some stuff for me to get stoked...  a hashtag FE isn't that kind of thing....

SMALL THINGS:

Small clip of Yoshi's new game showing something not already said/seen

Release window for the next 1-2  Smash Amiibo waves

BIG THINGS:

SNES to NSO?

Dr Mario World and Mario Kart Tour footage?

Joker in action for Smash?

Pokemon Switch footage?

Animal Crossing Switch footage?

Super Mario Maker 2 rumor true?

Star Fox Grand Prix rumor(s) true?

Metroid Prime Trilogy Switch true?

Pikmin game Switch true?

CTR, Sonic Racing, Spyro, ect.... footage, dates, other?

3rd party ports/new games?

Smash, MK8, other, ...DLC packs coming?

Box Boy collection rumor true?  Would the West get the Qibby Amiibo finally?

Edited by purple_beard

Don't get me wrong I'm stoked but my honeymoon phase with Ultimate recently ended and I as much as like all the news that was share not via Direct, Ultimate sure held up what news we did not get for Ninty in while.

So I'm in a weird state where I'm ready for a direct but it's the same tempered expectation with side of coming off Ultimate honeymoon. So it's all whatever, if I get excited I get excited after the direct.

Huh, this thing starts a half-hour after I leave work. It's takes me around 20 minutes to get and this all after big snowstorm hitting us right now...... I'll wait till I get home and watch this ya.

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

They got to reveal some stuff for me to get stoked...  a hashtag FE is that kind of thing....

SMALL THINGS:

Small clip of Yoshi's new game showing something not already said/seen

Release window for the next 1-2  Smash Amiibo waves

BIG THINGS:

SNES to NSO?

Dr Mario World and Mario Kart Tour footage?

Joker in action for Smash?

Pokemon Switch footage?

Animal Crossing Switch footage?

Super Mario Maker 2 rumor true?

Star Fox Grand Prix rumor(s) true?

Metroid Prime Trilogy Switch true?

Pikmin game Switch true?

CTR, Sonic Racing, Spyro, ect.... footage, dates, other?

3rd party ports/new games?

Smash, MK8, other, ...DLC packs coming?

Box Boy collection rumor true?  Would the West get the Qibby Amiibo finally?

Hoping for some new Pokemon footage.  Maybe some Animal Crossing stuff. Mildly excited about the Fire Emblem stuff.

Looking forward to seeing if any of the rumored games are true and if they announce any much need QoL system updates for Switch., We got firmware 7.0 recently and all we got were some new langues and profile Icons. Usually smaller updates like this are .0 updates and not full number updates. I would amuse they added something in the back-end to be announced and released later.

C'mon! It's almost been 2yrs since the Switch launched and we still don't have folders. I don't get why Nintendo didn't add this from the start. I'mean the 3DS had folders and Wii U had folders....Just give us a way to organize games/apps besides "Recently Played". Also, we really need a download manager. The night SSBU launched I spent about an hour trying to figure out why the game wouldn't update, to only  find out, Fortnite (was burred in games I haven't play in forever) was updating, because they just had to drop a massive update that same night. Seriously, I thought my internet and/or Switch was messed up.

As for mobile games (Mario Kart, Dr. Mario), I don't see them showing any footage. They usually save that for their own video. As for Metroid Prime Trilogy for Switch, from what I've heard from people in the know, this game does indeed exist. Everyone thought It was gonna be announced at the Game Awards, but no. I'm pretty sure they wanted to release this a while before MP4, but with the game's development having to be started over from scratch, it most like threw off Nintendo's plans for releasing MPT. It's very possible, this will get announced with a release date in this Direct, since MP4 ins't coming any time soon and they probably just want to get MPT out already.

Other stuff I want to see:

- Switch Themes

- Switch Web Browser

- More media apps for Switch (Netflix, Crunchyroll, etc.)

- More features added to NSO (SNES games, native voice chat)

- Animal Crossing Switch info

Crazy, random, out of the blue prediction (wishful thinking):

- Tetris Effect announced for Switch. 

...If only I had a PS4 >_<

Edited by alienboyva
13 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Looking forward to seeing if any of the rumored games are true and if they announce any much need QoL system updates for Switch., We got firmware 7.0 recently and all we got were some new langues and profile Icons. Usually smaller updates like this are .0 updates and not full number updates. I would amuse they added something in the back-end to be announced and released later.

C'mon! It's almost been 2yrs since the Switch launched and we still don't have folders. I don't get why Nintendo didn't add this from the start. I'mean the 3DS had folders and Wii U had folders....Just give us a way to organize games/apps besides "Recently Played". Also, we really need a download manager. The night SSBU launched I spent about an hour trying to figure out why the game wouldn't update, to only  find out, Fortnite (was burred in games I haven't play in forever) was updating, because they just had to drop a massive update that same night. Seriously, I thought my internet and/or Switch was messed up.

As for mobile games (Mario Kart, Dr. Mario), I don't see them showing any footage. They usually save that for their own video. As for Metroid Prime Trilogy for Switch, from what I've heard from people in the know, this game does indeed exist. Everyone thought It was gonna be announced at the Game Awards, but no. I'm pretty sure they wanted to release this a while before MP4, but with the game's development having to be started over from scratch, it most like threw off Nintendo's plans for releasing MPT. It's very possible, this will get announced with a release date in this Direct, since MP4 ins't coming any time soon and they probably just want to get MPT out already.

Other stuff I want to see:

- Switch Themes

- Switch Web Browser

- More media apps for Switch (Netflix, Crunchyroll, etc.)

- More features added to NSO (SNES games, native voice chat)

- Animal Crossing Switch info

Crazy, random, out of the blue prediction (wishful thinking):

- Tetris Effect announced for Switch. 

...If only I had a PS4 >_<

You gave me an idea...

* More info about Xbox Live coming to the Switch

Themes not really a big deal for me, nice yes, want/need.... ehh

Folders, yeah, its about time.... so many eShop titles....  would make organization easier.

Honestly, I don't see much point about NetFlix (et. all) and web browsers being that big of a deal, nearly everyone has a smart phone, laptop, tablet, or PC....  what real world benefit would adding that to the system actually have?

Nice. It's about time. Looking forward to some substantial information and a release date for Fire Emblem, given that it's supposed to release Q1 this year. Though the lateness of the hour casts some doubt on that now. Anyway, finally having a good look at the game will be hype for a lot of us, I'm sure.

Aside from that, my wish list is, as always, filled with things with niche appeal: Kid Icarus 4. Golden Sun 4. Metroid 5. Warioland 5. Xenoblade Chronicles HD. All of the stuff that will never happen. Heck, now that the Blue Bomber's back, maybe I can start putting my hopes in a revitalization of MegaMan Legends 3 on Switch. Or X9 or ZX3, for that matter. MegaMan 11 is amazing. Now Capcom just needs to do that for the other MegaMen.

I would also be over the moon about a new top-down Zelda. Let's not let A Link Between Worlds be the last one, yeah?

For third-party stuff, we seem overdue for an update on Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX. And with Half-Genie Hero done, I'd expect Wayforward is moving onto the next Shantae game at their earliest convenience. But I know that studio isn't exactly made of money, so maybe we can't hope for the next Shantae too soon. 

Also, I'm really hoping to see Shin Megami Tensei V. It's been two years since that little teaser in January 2017. It's time to show something

I'd also be curious to hear the details about Nintendo's plans to make Nintendo Online more enticing. SNES, N64, and GCN games on their current service would be a good start. Better yet if they would implement a proper virtual console service like they SHOULD. I have a feeling Switch themes are coming. 

And of course Smash Bros. We'll almost certainly see some Joker footage, and possibly a reveal for the next fighter. It would make me real happy if it were Rex and Pyra/Mythra or Shantae. But it'll probably be someone from Three Houses. Fire Emblem is a big brand for Ninty now, and given that the DLC five were chosen by corporate Nintendo rather than Sakurai himself, there's no way Three Houses goes unrepresented. Though I think the rationale for Erdrick is pretty strong, too. Whatever it is, I won't get my hopes up. I'm aware that my tastes are more niche than Nintendo is looking to cater to. 

Edited by Laclipsey

Anything about Smash Ultimate DLC, I feel has to be shown here.

It was over two months ago that we knew about Joker but no footage so I think there's a chance we will see footage. We seen footage of Piranha Plant and that was released little over month after the game release. So I expect the release of Joker next month or early April.

With that said, with 4 more DLC characters left to be release. I expect of them to release the 3 this year while the last to come out a year from now. Which when they said all DLC characters will release.

The way and when the 3 will come is after Joker the next 2 will release at the same time around E3. They did this with Ryu, Roy, and Lucas back in 2015. I don't see why they won't do that again. The 4th one will release late this year between November-December. I feel this is the only to spread the release where they will have all the DLC release by Feburary 2020.