Secret of Mana "trilogy"/ Trials of Mana Remake

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/02/square_enix_trademarks_final_fantasy_adventure_and_secret_of_mana_in_the_us

Not the only one putting it out there as there have been some other youtubers putting out something similar along the lines of what is said here.

Man, if that trilogy hit I'd be down to get it for sure.... and their wording kind of reads like maybe it gets the Octopath Traveler visual upgrade.

Edited by purple_beard

If the compilation is coming I probably wouldn't expect it getting the Octopath treatment.  My guess is that those filings are rather independent of each other unless it's expected that Square Enix is really gonna jump out the box and revamp it with their whole HD-2D special sauce, which would be awesome, don't get me wrong.  But I hope the collection comes over as I'd love to play SD3 again ^_^

• 3 months later...
On 2/11/2019 at 5:58 PM, Kezay said:

If the compilation is coming I probably wouldn't expect it getting the Octopath treatment.  My guess is that those filings are rather independent of each other unless it's expected that Square Enix is really gonna jump out the box and revamp it with their whole HD-2D special sauce, which would be awesome, don't get me wrong.  But I hope the collection comes over as I'd love to play SD3 again ^_^

giphy.gif

• 3 months later...

I am finally getting to the  Valensia (sp?) castle town after dealing with the dwarves for the Nitromyte.  I gotta say the sprite work in Trials of Mana is pretty damn good and so is the music.

The lone drawback I am having with the game is the clunky menus.

From what I have played so far, I don't understand why this didn't make it stateside when it was a current game on the SNES.

• 5 months later...

Seeing this thread pop up again...man, it was really something wishing and hoping for this rumor to be real back when it first cropped up and here we are now over a year later and not only was the rumor true but we're getting a remake of Trials of Mana.  And man, Trials looks REALLY good for its remake considering how much the remake of Secret of Mana was panned.

11 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

I really want to get Trials of Mana remake, but the Collection was super cheap when I bought it and I JUST replayed the original so that took a lot of wind out of my sails

You could always play the remake for the three characters you didn't choose the first time!

I heard there was demo of this coming tomorrow, didn't know it from the Japan eShop but at least it has English support and you can carry your save data over, like DQ XI on Switch.

So two questions,;how long is the demo? Because DQ XI was up to 10hrs.

Lastly, today is 17th in the west but way east is the 18th, so it out today? I will check to see if it.

EDIT: No, it is not out on the Japan eShop yet....

Edited by DLurkster

Redid the title to more accurately reflect what is going on.

Has anyone gotten the Trials demo yet?  How have you liked it?  I watched some of the GX stuff...... I honestly think I might like the new style more.  Then again, I'm currently stuck at the haunted ship stage of the old game--just not sure what I haven't found to allow for forward progression.  Also, there is this whole money thing.