The Thread That Never Was - N4A Chat Thread - February 2019

Tyranogre

On 2/5/2019 at 9:43 AM, Ephraim said:

@fuzz I'm playing in GP Bilbao! (refuse to call them Magicfests) Hoping I can make day 2, anything else would be a bonus. Will probably play Hollow One again, I think too many people are thinking about UR Phoenix at the moment.

Attending any GPs yourself in the future?

I still can't get over the name change either, lol. Definitely report back with how it goes, that should be so rad!! I unfortunately missed out on the only norcal GP this year due to work so my next best options are probably Portland or Seattle if I attend one in 2019. I suppose I'll have graduated from college by then so maybe I'll have the funds to do so if I find a real job, haha.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

tongue; 

Ease up on that. We ain't dead. :P 

How's college going, Grim?

Oof. I feel awfully close to it already, and I'm not even 20. y;

Aye, been doing better. Trying to finish up this dumb paper that's been overdue for a week and a half now, though.

I really gotta brush up on my study and work habits. 

You?

10 hours ago, Sir Grim Locksmith VIII said:

Oof. I feel awfully close to it already, and I'm not even 20. y;

Aye, been doing better. Trying to finish up this dumb paper that's been overdue for a week and a half now, though.

I really gotta brush up on my study and work habits. 

You?

Ah.

Dang. What's it supposed to be about?

Ah.

Doing ok, just working on house work and stuff. Been playing on my Switch lately and what not. Got some of my old Game Boy games cleaned off and working again. Glad they're salvageable. Still have to work a bit more on some of them. They have a bit of stubborn corrosion on them that just doesn't want to leave.

12 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Ah.

Dang. What's it supposed to be about?

Ah.

Doing ok, just working on house work and stuff. Been playing on my Switch lately and what not. Got some of my old Game Boy games cleaned off and working again. Glad they're salvageable. Still have to work a bit more on some of them. They have a bit of stubborn corrosion on them that just doesn't want to leave.

Aye, it's a WWI History Essay discussing the nature of that Christmas Truce that happened early on in the war. I got frustrated because it was supposed to be a simple essay with, like, two resources, but I kept feeling like I was stretching myself too thin and I was just sorta talking out of my ass the whole way through. 

It sucks because I'm normally never this bad at thinking of shit to say, but this topic felt so limiting. Like, yeah, it was a symbol of humanity in such a brutal period of history and shit. We already heard that shit. I tried to be contrarian by talking about how the truce was still kinda shitty, but I had to cherry pick my citations just to piece my loose interpretation of the events together. I felt like a scumbag the whole way through because of disingenuous it all was.

Then I went to visit my friend down in Boston for my week-long break, and I couldn't find time to just finish the essay until I came back. 

But honestly whatever excuse I make doesn't change the fact that I really just need to get my shit together and work on my timing and scheduling. Shit's wack man. 

Edit: Oh shit forgot to respond to your stuff. Aye, shite, which Gameboy games you got working again? 

Edited by Sir Grim Locksmith VIII
11 hours ago, Sir Grim Locksmith VIII said:

Aye, it's a WWI History Essay discussing the nature of that Christmas Truce that happened early on in the war. I got frustrated because it was supposed to be a simple essay with, like, two resources, but I kept feeling like I was stretching myself too thin and I was just sorta talking out of my ass the whole way through. 

It sucks because I'm normally never this bad at thinking of shit to say, but this topic felt so limiting. Like, yeah, it was a symbol of humanity in such a brutal period of history and shit. We already heard that shit. I tried to be contrarian by talking about how the truce was still kinda shitty, but I had to cherry pick my citations just to piece my loose interpretation of the events together. I felt like a scumbag the whole way through because of disingenuous it all was.

Then I went to visit my friend down in Boston for my week-long break, and I couldn't find time to just finish the essay until I came back. 

But honestly whatever excuse I make doesn't change the fact that I really just need to get my shit together and work on my timing and scheduling. Shit's wack man. 

Edit: Oh shit forgot to respond to your stuff. Aye, shite, which Gameboy games you got working again? 

Ah.  

Hope you're able to do so.

Solar Striker, Tetris and some other games. Only ones I still need to work on are Pokemon Yellow and a couple others.

3 hours ago, ace said:

I would highly recommend getting your shit together when you’re still in university because that kind of attitude and work ethic does not fly in the real world 

Aye, I will. 

Also, @Isotope, ye I finally managed to finish it last night. Now I'm working on another essay due next week. This time I'm gonna actually finish it on time...hopefully...

Edited by Sir Grim Locksmith VIII