Dr. Mario World | 💊Game shutting down Nov. 1st

HUcaDL5.png

Release Date: Available Now!
Price: Free (in-app purchases)

iqLGclJ.png?5 ABOUT iqLGclJ.png?5

Use your puzzle skills to eliminate pesky viruses!

Match capsules with viruses and watch them disappear! Simply match three objects of the same color vertically or horizontally to clear them. Take your time, because each puzzling stage’s configuration of viruses must be cleared using a limited number of capsules.

Rid the world of viruses with Dr. Mario and friends!

A colorful cast of viruses has Dr. Mario's world in a panic! Dr. Mario and friends have put on lab coats and grabbed capsules! Now they're ready to eliminate those unruly viruses.  Hundreds of stages over many different worlds need saving, with new worlds coming on a regular basis!

Play together with friends and family around the world!

You're not in this alone—send and receive stamina-giving hearts to use in stage mode! Then, show off your puzzle-solving progress. In versus mode, you can challenge others to a one-on-one showdown!

iqLGclJ.png?5 TRAILERS iqLGclJ.png?5

iqLGclJ.png?5 DOCTORS & ASSISTANTS iqLGclJ.png?5

txdjoVP.png

Spoiler

lbg0JAA.png

Doctors:

Spoiler

Note: This is for skill level 1. Raising the skill level will change the effectiveness of the skill or make it take less time to charge the skill meter.

• Dr. Bowser - Versus Mode - Clears (3) rows at random Stage Mode - Clears rows (2) at random.
  • Dr. Bowser Jr. - Versus Mode - Hides viruses (4) in opponent's stage in bubbles Stage Mode - Pops bubbles (10).
  • Dr. Mario - Versus Mode - Clears rows (2) in lowest position Stage Mode - Clears rows (1) in lowest position.
  • Dr. Ludwig - Versus Mode - Hides viruses (2) in opponents stage in ice Stage Mode - Breaks ice on objects (10) one time.
  • Dr. Luigi - Versus Mode - Prevents opponents capsules from rotating (five second duration) Stage Mode - Eliminates objects in an L shape.
  • Dr. Peach - Versus Mode - Clears columns (2) at random Stage Mode - Clears columns (1) at random.
  • Dr. Toad - Versus Mode - Selects locations (10) at random and eliminates objects at those locations Stage Mode - Selects locations (10) at random and eliminates objects at those locations.
  • Dr. Toadette - Versus Mode - Hides viruses (4) in opponent's stage in clouds Stage Mode - Changes objects (2) into handy boxes at random.
  • Dr. Wendy - Versus Mode - Changes (6) viruses in opponent's stage to blocks Stage Mode - Breaks blocks (10) one time.
  • Dr. Yoshi - Versus Mode - Eliminates objects (5) at random Stage Mode - Eliminates objects (3) at random.

Assistants: 

Spoiler

Note: This is for skill level 1. Raising the skill level will change the effectiveness of the skill.

FFGX26Y.png

4IMHqNg.png

z7lV5bM.png

wxdtF9F.png

A4YkGCv.png

D28PGGN.png

BfWyaQj.png

tzUMUWd.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a partnership with LINE Corperation, Nintendo is releasing Dr. Mario World on mobile in early Summer of 2019...

Dr. Mario on mobile? Seems like a no-brainer. I'm down for a Dr. Mario on mobile.  

Edited by alienboyva
  • 2 months later...
  • alienboyva changed the title to Dr. Mario World (July 10th)
  • alienboyva changed the title to Dr. Mario World | *Available July 10!*
  • alienboyva changed the title to Dr. Mario World | 💊Available July 10!

Obligatory GX discussion video :v ...

IDK why, but I was expecting this to be more classic Dr. Mario. This looks like it could be fun for what it is, so I'll give it a try. I just hope it doesn't become pay-to-win, where you need items and whatnot to beat a level. Though, Nintendo has been pretty good about this with their F2P games, so... Also, I find it weird that it's match 3 instead of match 4.

It'd be cool if they added a classic Dr. Mario mode and/or Virus Buster Mode as a paid add-on(s). :) 

Edited by alienboyva

What up with the green pills/viruses?

I can't tell if this is puzzle solving Dr. Mario play or standard virus removal style?

--sees limited virus count but have to remove all viruses.

I kind of like the different doctors and do different special moves but are they unlock-able versus pay to play.

• alienboyva changed the title to Dr. Mario World | 💊Available July 10th!

Here's a look at the multiplayer...

This looks like it could be pretty fun. Only add friends via LINE and Facebook?  I know Nintendo has a partnership with LINE for this game, but can we serious not add friends via our My Nintendo accounts? ...You know like, EVERY OTHER NINTENDO MOBILE GAME! -___-

Also, I hope there's multiplayer against random people as well.

• alienboyva changed the title to Dr. Mario World | 💊Available NOW on iOS / Android!

Well, this didn't take long...

So, did anyone download this?

I did and it's actually pretty fun, especially VS mode, which can be played with random people, as well as with friends. This game plays a lot like the Virus Buster mode from previous Dr. Mario games, but with a few twists. I just hope later levels don't become play-to-win and that the VS mode is actually balanced and not pay-to-win, as well. Speaking of VS mode, it seems to be unlimited plays, as where Stage Mode limits how many games you can play in a certain amount of time (stamina system).

If you like Dr. Mario, I'd highly recommend giving this a shot. Though, you will have to deal with your typical F2P mobile game mechanics. I was a little unsure when I saw the trailer, given how mobile game-y it looked, but after playing for a bit I can say "This is good stuff!"  :) 

Here's a bit of gameplay...

Stage Mode:

VS Mode:

Edited by alienboyva

Played a bunch last night. Not a fan of the Heart system. Been playing as Bowser. The levels are still really easy, only had 1 or 2 I couldn't 3-star on first go. And I messed up the first timed one. I never followed anything on this game, so it's an interesting take on Dr Mario I'm used to, which is good because classic Dr Mario would NOT work on a phone, imo.

Haven't tried versus yet.

Yeah, I don't like the hearts (stamina) system either, but I've kind of gotten used to it from playing a ton of Pokémon Shuffle on 3DS. Though, that game let you save up hearts you've earned (up to 99) when you were maxed out.

The main thing I don't like are the microtransactions. Damn...and Nintendo be hitting hard with them too, which doesn't give me much hope for Mario Kart Tour (especially after the beta info).  :(  I completed World 1 last night (didn't get 3 's on every stage or complete all the challenge stages) and have enough coins to do the "Staffing" two times. To get a new doctor/assistant it costs 4,000 coins, 40 diamonds, or 1 ticket (can get from completing a world). You really have to grind to get enough coins, since you only get 100-200 or so from completing a stage. Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to get free diamonds. What's worse is that doctors have a 2% chance of getting them, as while assistants have much higher rate. So, if you wan't certain characters, you're going to have to spend quite a bit. What's cool is that you can lvl up doctors/assistants, but the catch is, they only gain xp when you get multiples. I have a bad feeling certain doctors abilities are going extremely useful on certain later stages (especially challenge stages). Come to find out some are pretty much made for VS mode as some can freeze viruses or trap viruses in blocks, which require you to clear them twice to fully clear them.

It's really sad to see Nintendo hitting this hard with the microtransactions, since they've been so good about them in previous F2P games. Just look at FE: Heroes and AC: Pocket Camp for example, they are always giving you free premium currency. If you have a good F2P game, people will spend money on it. If you hit way too hard with microtransctions, people are going stop playing. Take PKMN GO for example... They could have microtransactioned it out the butt, but never make you feel like you need to spend money. ...They have made over $2.5 billion in the 3 yrs. it has been out. Anyway, despite all the F2P mobile game BS, I still think the core game is a ton of fun.

You should see Wizard World... or rather Harry Potter and the Microtransaction Experience

I mean you can earn in-game currency well enough, but ALL storage capacities are crazy low. You're brewing a potion and want it to finish faster? You can pay for that. You're missing a few ingredients for a potion? You can pay for that. Want to RENT another cauldron for potions? You can pay. How about an extra flower pot to grow things in? Ohhhh you bet you can pay for that. Some of the "Confounded" (I'm just going to call them Pokemon) will only up if Dark Detectors (Lures) are used. Oh, and what's that? Some NEED THREE OF THEM used at a time to give a CHANCE to spawn things. Want more of them? You can buy em!

And buying your "Lures" and "Incubators" uses a LOT of in-game currency compared to Pokemon Go.