Mario Kart Tour | 🏁❗ New content ending Oct. 4th (Game NOT shutting down)

29 minutes ago, Surge135 said:

I actually haven't touched the game since the beginning of the Winter Tour.

Your life is no less full because of this. I feel like there's only so much fun to be had with this game. The excitement of chaining together big combos is already wearing off--now I just think, "Well, it's not going to be big ENOUGH, and it wouldn't matter anyway because I haven't upgraded my gears' levels as much as other people have."

I can't keep up with the barrage of new Nintendo apps. In fact, I'm so burned out that I'm going to try deleting ALL of my gacha games for a while.

Now that you can see how your opponents in the rankings did in each race and what they’ve used, it’s 100% confirmed that the top tier rankings are pay-to-win. In my rankings, mostly likely everyone in the positions where you can earn rubies all have the Gold Pass, since most of the drivers/karts/gliders they’ve used for each race are all high-end. 

Just look at what I have to beat to get first (see pic below). I assume this person has had the Gold Pass since launch and has everything they’ve used at high lvls. There’s absolutely no way I can achieve these kind of scores! Yeeaah...F this! I’m done with trying to top the rankings, since I’ve hit tier 20. Kinda BS that it has become pay-to-win. :(

D1CBB4EA-C46E-47D7-8794-E0728D5C23D8.thumb.png.eceade2c8696a887cd70363c2aa8dc1b.png

Edited by alienboyva

Maybe I'm biased since I'm a Gold Pass holder. But I don't find Gold Pass to be Pay-to-Win. An edge, sure. But playing Free and getting 1 or 2 good 10-Pipe Pulls can offset the Gold Pass rewards.

That said, I watched a supposed F2P player on YouTube racing to learn a tracks best routes, and he was rocking all high-end gear and character and they were all minimum level 3.

19 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Maybe I'm biased since I'm a Gold Pass holder. But I don't find Gold Pass to be Pay-to-Win. An edge, sure. But playing Free and getting 1 or 2 good 10-Pipe Pulls can offset the Gold Pass rewards.

That said, I watched a supposed F2P player on YouTube racing to learn a tracks best routes, and he was rocking all high-end gear and character and they were all minimum level 3.

With the Gold Pass they're constantly giving you high-end drivers/karts/gliders and not to mention rubies, which you will have enough to keep doing x10 pulls.

I find that hard to believe that a F2P player would have all high-end gear. Unless...That somehow they got extremely lucky with pulls, because if you don't have the Gold Pass, the game doesn't really give you that many free rubies. Now that I think of it, they could have plowed through all the standard challenges (not sure how many sets there are) and had enough rubies for a bunch of x10 pulls. ...But with at lvl 3 min.?Â đŸ€” Maybe they used lvl tickets?

Edited by alienboyva
1 minute ago, alienboyva said:

With the Gold Pass they're constantly giving you high-end drivers/karts/gliders and not to mention rubies, which you will have enough to keep doing x10 pulls.

I find that hard to believe that a F2P player would have all high-end gear. Unless...That somehow they got extremely lucky with pulls, because if you don't have the Gold Pass, the game doesn't really give you that many free rubies. Now that I think of it, they could have plowed through all the standard challenges (not sure how many sets there are) and had enough rubies for a bunch of x10 pulls. ...But with at lvl 3 min.?Â đŸ€”

Hence the "supposed"

• alienboyva changed the title to Mario Kart Tour | 🎄Holiday Tour (12/18 - 1/1)
  • 1 month later...
  • alienboyva changed the title to Mario Kart Tour | 🧊Ice Tour (1/15 - 1/29) 🌐Multiplayer beta open to everyone!

The multiplayer beta is now open to everyone...

OMG! This thing is a complete laggy pay-to-win mess!!! >:( 

For anyone who has yet to give the multiplayer a go, this is how it works... Every 30 mins. it will cycle through one of the cups in the current tour, which it will randomly choose a track from for you to play. When you first enter the Multiplayer Menu, you will have the option to play with random people or Friends/Others Nearby by creating a lobby. Just like the regular tour cups certain drivers/karts/gilders are better for certain tracks. When a race starts it shows you the points needed to get 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Though, I don't think score really matters in Multiplayer, as I've only seen it show the position you placed after a race has finished.

image.png.6d72d258d79069a288de7ac27e96f7b2.png

I played a bit and here are my thoughts...

Pros:

- Well, it's Mario Kart.

Cons:

- Tracks still rely one having certain drivers/karts/gliders. <--- Don't have a driver able to get 3 items/frenzies, then don't bother!

- People who are able to get freezes more often have the advantage.

- Incredibly laggy. <-- It's a beta after all

- Frequent Comm. Errors. <-- It's a beta after all

- Possible hackers. <--- Lost out on getting first do to someone using a bullet in 2nd just before the finish

What I'd fix:

- Make it so every has the same amount items.

- Remove frenzies.

- Don't make certain divers/karts/gliders better for certain tracks. <-- We can us whatever we have with no advantages/disadvantages

- Prevent & ban hackers.

- Let us vote on witch track to play out of all the tracks that have been added to the game.

- Of course, fix the massive lag/comm errors.

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Mario Kart Tour | 🧊Ice Tour (1/15 - 1/29) 🌐Multiplayer beta test now open to everyone!
  • alienboyva changed the title to Mario Kart Tour | đŸ•čMario Bros Tour (2/26 - 3/11) 🌐Multiplayer coming 3/8!

It seems like they actually listened to the feed back from the mutliplayer survey during the gold/public betas. Though, they still have a rule set where you use a character's default item slots.  This was the biggest complaint I saw from the multiplayer beta. Too bad they didn't get rid of it completely. :( 

WHAT?! 100cc only when playing worldwide, unless you have the Gold Pass? Really, no 150cc? đŸ˜©

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Mario Kart Tour | đŸ•čMario Bros. Tour (2/26 - 3/11) 🌐Multiplayer coming 3/8!
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...