Mario Kart Tour | 🏁❗ New content ending Oct. 4th (Game NOT shutting down)

16 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

@avalonknight & @The Albraskan Thanks! I did it! I have Baby Mario, but I obviously haven’t used him enough to realize his special is the boomerang. I just assumed it was a standard item. Odd how standard items like triple shells, triple mushrooms, etc. are special items in MKT. 

1B9E88D7-2A8B-47A5-846C-875910C6D324.thumb.png.9fc52cd8b4fd5a3be6532e29e87c0f67.png

Congrats on completing that challenge alienboyva! It really does suck that triple shells and triple mushrooms are character specialty items, on top of them being used all at once too. Guess that means the gold mushroom from past Mario Kart games isn’t in this with Frenzies pretty much giving the star invincibility boost, making the gold mushrooms pointless. 

• alienboyva changed the title to Mario Kart Tour | đŸ‡«đŸ‡· Paris Tour (Nov. 5/6 - Nov. 19/20)

Unfortunately I didn't get to finish the lightning challenge...then again I didn't have anyone who had a tie, so I left that board unfinished. Finished in 3rd and onto Rank 18. Then I realized that I could have gotten 2nd if I didn't upgrade a different glider to earn that one remaining Grand Star at another course.

The Gold Pass has a repeat character now, back to Metal Mario. Which might call to question on the Gold Pass's potential future value and how to better use those SSR Driver Tickets. Like do you just want the character? If it's a repeat, do you want them to get stronger? At least the karts and gliders are still new in this regard. Of course, they can still add more non-tour exclusive SSR characters in the future, and put them in rotation. Personal value, I still think I'm getting what I'm expecting in the big picture.

Edited by avalonknight

First set of challenges for the Paris Tour completed! I wasn’t able to complete all the challenges in the last 2 tours, mainly do to not having the certain driver need to complete the last challenge in the first set of challenges. 

I found the “Finish a race by crashing over the finish line a total of 3 times” challenge the hardest. If anyone is having trouble with this...

The trick I used:

• SNES Mario  Circuit  1
  • Use Mario for 3 items (The more items, the better)
  • Save a banana until near the finish (Easier said than done, sometimes)
  • On the final turn go off into the dirt on the left and throw a banana at the finish (This will slow you down so you don’t over shoot the finish and so you have time to line up your kart with the banana)
  • Hit the banana as your cross the finish
  • Repeat (3x total)

593B3AC8-98CD-4FF7-8290-5861C91DC822.thumb.png.6f777868961675f27469a6972eb74ea0.png

Edited by alienboyva

Another option for the "crash across the finish line" challenge. Try Waluigi's Pinball Reversed. Time your banana throw right around or just before you exit the tunnel. It might seem like the banana fell too far away from the finish line, but the momentum is just enough to send you across the finish line.

Also there is a bizarre glitch where the challenge counts if you were to FAIL the "avoid obstacles" challenge, since the race would "finish" when you get wiped out and lose that last balloon, even if you didn't cross the finish line. So the game is only checking if you are in a "crash" state when the race has concluded, but not if it has concluded via finishing line. This might get patched out though.

Edited by avalonknight

Man I checked my ranking on the current tournament and I dropped from 2nd to 4th. I really wanted to save a 10 pull for when they added the Chef Shy Guy in the spotlight pipe. But since I didn’t have a way to get frenzies on SNES Mario Circuit, I did a 10 pull. I guess I should consider myself lucky that I got Mario out of that pull though. Hopefully I can get a higher score for SNES Mario Circuit to get back to being at least top 3 to go three tiers up when this tournament is done. At least I still have enough rubies for one more 10 pull.

A level 5 Metal Mario, that’s impressive Surge. 

I think my highest level driver is Peach at level 3. I think I’ve got two karts at level 3, and I don’t believe I have any gliders past level 2. I’ve been getting lame pulls from the pipes, got no new high end items from the Halloween tour, and none so far from the Paris one. Though I think I do have all of the high end characters that weren’t featured in spotlight pipes.

Let's see, I got a Lv3 Metal Mario and Koopa Troopa. A ton of Lv2 karts across all three rarities*. Finally, Lv3 Super Glider and Lightning Oilpaper, but for the highest SSR Glider, it's a Lv2 Purple Oilpaper Umbrella.

I'd usually use the leveling tickets if I know I will get an edge in the ranked courses.

*Birthday Girl, Mushmellow, Koopa Dasher, Cheep Charger, Bullet Blaster, Landship, Mach 8, Daytripper, Super Blooper, Gold Blooper, Flame Flyer, B Dasher, Black Circuit, and Trickster.

Edited by avalonknight

My highest is the Parachute glider at lvl 3. However, I do have quite a few drivers/karts/gliders at lvl 2...

LVL 2 Drivers:

• Baby Peach
  • Roy
  • Mario
  • Peach
  • Daisy
  • Bowser
  • Diddy Kong

LVL 2 Karts:

• Standard Kart
  • Birthday Girl
  • Koopa Dasher
  • Pipe Buggy

LVL 2 Gliders:

• Standard Glider
  • Parafoil
Edited by alienboyva

Here is my list of notable merges in the spoiler below because it's a long list. Color coded for Normal, Super, and High-End tiers

Spoiler

Drivers:

- Baby Mario Lv 3

- Baby Daisy Lv 3

- Koopa Troopa Lv 3

- Shy Guy Lv 3

- Dry Bones Lv 3

- Toad Lv 3

- Luigi Lv 4

- Diddy Kong Lv 3

- Metal Mario Lv 5

- Peachette Lv 2

- Halloween Rosalina Lv 2

- Dry Bowser Lv 2

Karts:

- Pipe Frame Lv 4

- Birthday Girl Lv 3

- Mushmellow Lv 3

- Koopa Dasher Lv 3

- Biddybuggy Lv 3

- Bullet Blaster Lv 4

- Landship Lv 3

- Turbo Yoshi Lv 3

- Royale Lv 3

- Poltergust 4000 Lv 2

- DK Jumbo Lv 3

- Trickster Lv 2

Gliders:

- Super Glider Lv 4

- Parachute Lv 3

- BBIA Parafoil Lv 3

- Flower Glider Lv 4

- Swooper Lv 4

11 hours ago, Surge135 said:

Here is my list of notable merges in the spoiler below because it's a long list. Color coded for Normal, Super, and High-End tiers

Reveal hidden contents

Drivers:

- Baby Mario Lv 3

- Baby Daisy Lv 3

- Koopa Troopa Lv 3

- Shy Guy Lv 3

- Dry Bones Lv 3

- Toad Lv 3

- Luigi Lv 4

- Diddy Kong Lv 3

- Metal Mario Lv 5

- Peachette Lv 2

- Halloween Rosalina Lv 2

- Dry Bowser Lv 2

Karts:

- Pipe Frame Lv 4

- Birthday Girl Lv 3

- Mushmellow Lv 3

- Koopa Dasher Lv 3

- Biddybuggy Lv 3

- Bullet Blaster Lv 4

- Landship Lv 3

- Turbo Yoshi Lv 3

- Royale Lv 3

- Poltergust 4000 Lv 2

- DK Jumbo Lv 3

- Trickster Lv 2

Gliders:

- Super Glider Lv 4

- Parachute Lv 3

- BBIA Parafoil Lv 3

- Flower Glider Lv 4

- Swooper Lv 4

Now i see why you're always first in the Friend Rankings. :P  I can't help but wonder how much $ you've put into the game. If you haven't spent any $, then that's damn impressive. As for me, I ain't spending a ¹ on this game.

• alienboyva changed the title to Mario Kart Tour | ❄ Winter Tour (Nov. 19/20 - Dec. 3/4)