Mario Kart Tour | 🏁❗ New content ending Oct. 4th (Game NOT shutting down)

Ye8SBwq.png

Site: https://mariokarttour.com/en-US

Release Date: September 25th

Price: FREE (In-app purchases)

j4fmxaj.png

Spoiler

chpZ5zy.png

*Click to enlarge*

5vkllXu.png iZSJKw9.png igmCdhe.png NH2ZomJ.png ygaCln8.png

Mario Kart takes a world tour!
Mario and friends go global in this new Mario Kart as they race around courses inspired by real-world cities in addition to classic Mario Kart courses! These destinations will be featured in tours that rotate every two weeks! In addition to courses based on iconic locales, some of your favorite Mario Kart characters will get variations that incorporate the local flavor of cities featured in the game!

Endless Mario Kart fun at your fingertips!
The Mario Kart series known and loved by many is ready to take the world by storm – one smart device at a time! With just one finger, you can steer and drift with ease, sling devastating items as you go for the gold in cups filled with new and classic Mario Kart courses.

Nab 1st place with items and Frenzy mode!
In Mario Kart Tour you have access to an arsenal of powerful items that can mix things up on the racetrack! Turn up the heat by activating the new Frenzy mode, which gives an unlimited supply of a certain item and makes you invincible! Make the most of the ensuing chaos, as Frenzy mode only lasts a short time!

Collect drivers, karts, badges, and more!
Earn Grand Stars by racing or fire off the featured pipe to receive more drivers, karts, and gliders! You can also proudly display badges, earned by completing certain challenges, next to your in-game name!

Bonus challenge courses put a twist on traditional races!
In certain races, 1st place isn't always the goal. With names like "Vs. Mega Bowser" and "Goomba Takedown," these bonus challenge courses demand a different approach to gameplay and strategy!

Race to increase your online rank!
Boost with the best of 'em! Your high scores will determine how you compare to other players all over the world. Keep practicing and trying out different combinations of drivers, karts, and gliders to increase your score and rise to the top!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is it that Nintendo's mobile game always get "pushed back"? y;

Was anyone looking forward to this? ...I know this game was brought up recently during out Mario Kart nights. I'm really interested to what they do with this, because it could be a fun mini Mario Kart to play when all you have with you is your phone. I still check-in on Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp every now and then. It's a fun mini AC to have while waiting for AC Switch. 

Edited by alienboyva

I'm on the fence about Mario Kart Tour. I'm guessing since the pay $10 to have full access to Super Mario Run didn't do as well as Nintendo was expecting, that Mario Kart Tour is going free to start with in app purchases. I don't know if that's already been confirmed or not. I'll have to see what Mario Kart Tour has in store. 

Edited by The Albraskan
I didn't notice it was just called Mario Kart Tour.
  • 1 month later...

@ 43:50

So Dragalia Lost is making A LOT MORE MONEY for Nintendo than any of their mobile games and it also has tons of microtransactions.  Their basic assertion is that Nintendo, seeing the financial numbers, and the investors liking the returns, could push MKT into a "gotcha" game....   

Thoughts?

I could totally see it falling the same way they do.  But the panel also seemed to act like Kart games on mobile lose their steam real fast....

Not that I planned on playing a mobile Mario Kart but if it were to become a gacha type of game then that just increases the chances that I would resist any temptation to give it a shot if I my mind were to stray from my resolution to not play a mobile Mario Kart.

• 1 month later...

Here's the like to the beta (Android users & JPN/USA only) for anyone interested...

Link: https://mariokarttour.com/en-US <--- Looks like you have to enter using the site on your Android device.

I'm VERY curious to see what form this game is going to take. I'd really like to enter, but I have an older Android tablet (2012 Nexus 7 ruining Kit Kat) and it's a bit sluggish nowadays running some games, like AC: Pocket Camp for example. My device probably wouldn't be supported anyway, so... I wonder if they'll do an iOS beta (I have an iPhone SE running iOS 12)?

It says the beta is from 5/22 - 6/4...Could we expect the game to drop sometime in mid-late June or early July? BTW, I wonder if they will show this off at E3 like they did with Pokémon GO?

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Mario Kart Tour (Summer 2019) | *Closed beta sign-ups: 4/23 - 5/7 (JPN/USA Android users)*

I just got my beta test email from Nintendo--it's only for people whose Club Nintendo email and Google Play account use the same account on Gmail. Application period runs for the next two weeks, then players are chosen, then after another two weeks we can download the game. I didn't see any information on how many people are invited to apply for the random drawing, nor how many will be accepted.

The application says beta testers are not allowed to post pictures or video of the game, but... yeah, let's see how that lasts. Trust doesn't tend to be rewarded much in this age.

53 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

The application says beta testers are not allowed to post pictures or video of the game, but... yeah, let's see how that lasts. Trust doesn't tend to be rewarded much in this age.

I'm pretty sure people will immediately start posting pics and vids. :v  I remember there were a LOT of leaked pics/vids of Pokémon GO during it's beta test, which was kind of funny with the 'CONFIDENTIAL' watermark all over the entire game. Yeah, Nintendo loves to strike down content, so I wonder how far they will go with this? I wouldn't be surprised if they implemented some kind of way to trackback to your Nintendo Account (in case of leaks) and possibly banned you from the game during launch.