Jump to content

Mario Kart Tour | ūüŹĀ‚Ěó New content ending Oct. 4th (Game NOT shutting down)


Recommended Posts

Nintendo is going all out for this! I can see why, because this game is most like going to make a ton of $$$.

 

THEY GAVE LAKITU A VOICE! Not sure if that's the voice I'd pick, though it's kinda cute and annoying at the same time. :P 

 

 

 

Interesting that you can only play certain tracks at certain times, similar to stages in Splatoon. Making certain characters only available during a stages's availability...DAMN YOU, NINTENDO! So, how much $$$ do we have to spend to get Mario (musician) and Pauline? :v  Man, Nintendo sure knows how much we much we love collecting stuff (looking at you Pokémon & Animal Crossing). Also, interesting to see that the Lucky 7 from MK7 is back. I guess the Crazy 8 from MK8 was to crazy for MKT. y;  ...No? OK, I'll see myself out.

 

BTW, it looks like they listened and removed the hearts system the was in the beta. \(^o^)/ Though, we'll find out for sure when the game launches.

 

Edited by alienboyva
Link to comment

Yeah, not sort of a fan of that Lakitu voice either.

 

I'm trying to remember if I was fan of the Feh owl for FE Heroes. But I think I hated but it grew on me. Another cute but annoying voice.

 

But anyways, maybe I don't play these gatcha games alot but I think I'll be fine with this setup as you said it's like Splatoon but have pay more attention when it come to the character I want at any giving tour.

 

Wait what do you mean the heart system is gone?!? Do you mean the hearts that Daisy and Peach gets as their special power-ups like in MKDD!! No, I like those power up, they were as cool as the copy all special power-up King Boo and Petey Piranha. I loved those power-ups too.

 

Like the princess special power are just as great as King Boo and Petey Piranha or better. To pick up any item power thrown at you. That is so awesome and so powerful. I welcome it's return and to take that away is just criminal.

Link to comment
45 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Wait what do you mean the heart system is gone?!? Do you mean the hearts that Daisy and Peach gets as their special power-ups like in MKDD!! No, I like those power up, they were as cool as the copy all special power-up King Boo and Petey Piranha. I loved those power-ups too.

 

The heart "stamina" system, like in PKMN Shuffle (3DS/mobile) and Dr. Mario World (mobile), which limits how much you can play in a given time, unless you spend $$$.

Link to comment

Got the game, though I can't play until 3am ET (we knew this was going to be the case)...

 

BTW, I've seen A LOT of people complaining that the game is available, but not actually playable. I guess people don't check the info on the App Store and Google Play, because they literally updated it with the times you can start playing. :P  Also, I still see people complaining about no multiplayer. I think they fail to realize that if you want multiplayer, you're go to have to buy a Switch and MKD8X +  NSO if you want online multiplayer. Nintendo's whole strategy with mobile is to get you interested in their IPs so you'll go and buy their systems/games. It worked in the past with PKMN GO, even though Nintendo did really have much to do with that. After the release of PKMN GO, sales of 3DSs and PKMN games skyrocketed.

 

 

Edited by alienboyva
Link to comment
  • alienboyva changed the title to Mario Kart Tour | ūüŹĀAvailable Now (iOS / Android)

Well, shit...¬†Ignore what I said about¬†multiplayer in my previous post. ūüė̬†

 

Also, there’s a a subscription at $5 a month that unlocks 200cc and some other stuff (see 2nd tweet). 

 

Ok. Now this is kinda shitty, Nintendo. Gacha mechanics and a subscription services? I thought you were better than this, Nintendo!  I don’t have a problem paying $5 a month in MK to get some cool extra stuff, but I don’t want to be paying this for a mobile MK game. Ya’ know?

 

 

Edited by alienboyva
Link to comment
12 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Well, shit...¬†Ignore what I said about¬†multiplayer in my previous post. ūüė̬†

 

Also, there’s a a subscription at $5 a month that unlocks 200cc and some other stuff (see 2nd tweet). 

 

Ok. Now this is kinda shitty, Nintendo. Gacha mechanics and a subscription services? I thought you were better than this, Nintendo!  I don’t have a problem paying $5 a month in MK to get some cool extra stuff, but I don’t want to be paying this for a mobile MK game. Ya’ know?

 

 

For $60 I want mk x on switch, this is some bs nickel and diming.

Edited by purple_beard
Link to comment

I got a chance to play through the first two cups and this game is really fun for a mobile MK and I love the music in the menus. However, I do feel like the controls could use some work. I feel like they could really use some sensitivity options, because there are times when I can't turn sharply or I'll turn too much trying to get all the coins. Turning on gyro controls doesn't help as it's not sensitive enough. Also, I wish they found a better way to use items instead of tapping the screen, because when I lift my thumb to reposition it, I sometimes uses my items when I don't mean to. Speaking of items...During a race on Toad Circuit I went of the gilder ramp and it auto-used my 3x mushrooms, which I was saving for the shortcut. I know there's a setting to auto use items when you get an item box, but still doesn't explain why this happened (maybe it was me trying to reposition my thumb?). Overall the game is really good and I'm glad the hearts (stamina) system is gone, but as veteran MK player, it's frustrating to have to relearn how to play MK. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

BTW, can we nerf get rid of Diddy's Banana Barrels? LOL!

 

 

Link to comment

Yeah, I played a few on my lunch at work and I have to agree with the control. I though it was just me and that 1st  vid of you on the Dino Dino Jungle. I felt like I couldn't drive especially on the last part of the course with the turns. It's not too much of a turn off and it could be worse but still feels weird to turn and try to either use item or not too.

 

But other than that, this is fun and I came first in few race and did as bad as 5th place.

 

@alienboyva: Did you sent me friend request? I tried looking/accessing either I cannot find where locate or I can't access until I unlock rank mode? Huh?

Link to comment
3 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Yeah, I played a few on my lunch at work and I have to agree with the control. I though it was just me and that 1st  vid of you on the Dino Dino Jungle. I felt like I couldn't drive especially on the last part of the course with the turns. It's not too much of a turn off and it could be worse but still feels weird to turn and try to either use item or not too.

 

But other than that, this is fun and I came first in few race and did as bad as 5th place.

 

@alienboyva: Did you sent me friend request? I tried looking/accessing either I cannot find where locate or I can't access until I unlock rank mode? Huh?

 

Yup! I set you a FR. You have to beat the Yoshi Cup to unlock Friends and Ranked mode (currently the Koopa Troopa Cup).

 

Speaking of Ranked Mode... Getting to the top seems a bit luck based, given how you earn points in this game. (it's so weird to have points in MK) You get points for everything you do, like mini turbos/jump turbos, hitting opponents with items, how long your glide/ how long you drift, getting 1st, etc. You even get points for the character, kart, and glider you use, with some getting more points depending on the track. Oh...and not to forget, some characters get more items on certain tracks. So, depending on the tracks available and what items you get, the karts + characters + gliders you have + their lvls, it may not be that easy to make the top ranks.

 

I assume these are just a random selection of 20 people and not a worldwide ranking. Well, let see how long this lasts. :P 

 

20190926041124

 

EDIT: I noticed there's a limit on how much you can XP characters, karts, and gliders can earn a day. Plus, you can only earn 300 coins a day as well. I guess this is the trade off for removing the hearts (stamina) system? ...Which, is OK with me!

Edited by alienboyva
Link to comment

As a Mario Kart veteran I will say that while the game is okay, the controls on the other hand are absolutely atrocious.

 

Either you steer or you hop and drift, there is no in between there. This creates a lack of precision control for hitting certain shortcuts and just overall positioning yourself better on the track for your next turn a major turnoff. You can't imagine how many times I have tried to line up for the glider ramp shortcut on N64 Koopa Troopa Beach and missed it because I hop to turn and wind up steering off the initial ramp. I've also tried utilizing the rearview camera a few times only to see my kart turn sharply the moment I press my finger to the screen, meaning I have to let go of the rearview camera to correct myself so I don't veer off track.

 

Triple items being used in repetition is stupid even with auto item use turned off. Someone doesn't spam three mushroom boosts immediately one after the other, you usually wait out the length of the initial boost before using the next one. Triple green shells just sends three shells right behind each other, even if you try and drift to fan them out.

 

Also, what blasphemy is this, not having Luigi available in the first batch of racers?

Edited by Surge135
Link to comment
55 minutes ago, Surge135 said:

As a Mario Kart veteran I will say that while the game is okay, the controls on the other hand are absolutely atrocious.

 

Either you steer or you hop and drift, there is no in between there. This creates a lack of precision control for hitting certain shortcuts and just overall positioning yourself better on the track for your next turn a major turnoff. You can't imagine how many times I have tried to line up for the glider ramp shortcut on N64 Koopa Troopa Beach and missed it because I hop to turn and wind up steering off the initial ramp. I've also tried utilizing the rearview camera a few times only to see my kart turn sharply the moment I press my finger to the screen, meaning I have to let go of the rearview camera to correct myself so I don't veer off track.

 

Triple items being used in repetition is stupid even with auto item use turned off. Someone doesn't spam three mushroom boosts immediately one after the other, you usually wait out the length of the initial boost before using the next one. Triple green shells just sends three shells right behind each other, even if you try and drift to fan them out.

 

Also, what blasphemy is this, not having Luigi available in the first batch of racers?

 

Yeah, it's really hard to be precise with the controls in this game, which sux, because this game is really fun. I almost kind of wish they would bring this to Switch (like with PKMN Quest being on Switch & mobile) as a little F2P MK game, just so I can use an actual controller. y;  I agree! Trying to hit that glider ramp on N64 Koopa Troopa Beach in this game is a real bitch! >_<

 

BTW, is it just me or is this game sucking down battery extremely fast? I'm using an iPhone 8 running iOS 12 with the Low Power Mode turned on in system settings and it's still draining my battery rather fast.  I know there is a Power Saving mode in the in-game settings, but IDK how much that would help.

Edited by alienboyva
Link to comment
  • alienboyva changed the title to Mario Kart Tour | ūüŹĀ‚Ěó New content ending Oct. 4th (Game NOT shutting down)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...