Mario Kart Tour | 🏁❗ New content ending Oct. 4th (Game NOT shutting down)

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

But no multi apparently?

We pretty much knew this from the beta a few months back. It will have "non-real-time multiplayer", where you will race CPUs that will play how players previously raced on that track (quite a few other mobile racing games do this). So basically, you're racing against ghosts/replays. With that said, there still should some kind of multiplayer mode where you can VS friends.

Edited by alienboyva

Pokemon Masters August 29th and now Mario Kart Tour September 25th.

Nintendo seems to know what they are doing with these mobile game releases. I know they are different own IP's but they are under Nintendo, so all the same.

Nintendo really has a packed end year with mobile games, Switch games and whatever next month direct announcing even more titles for Switch. Like we don't have enough already. Really trying to fatten up those books for year end, huh?

Hmm, now I get why it is called Tour, lol.

Can't believe it took me that long.

Looking great with the inspired real world place and classic course, along with gliding and underwater segment. And not only are kart customization is back you can change the outfits of the characters as well too, cool!lhappy;

Now, I can't wait for this game.

This game is looking a lot better than i expected. I just hope they don't go overboard with the microtransactions. I don't mind the gacha mechanics as much (as log as the drop rates are fair), though I really hope they listened to some of the feedback from the beta and removed that 'hearts' mechanic. I've kinda gotten used to this mechanic in F2P puzzle games, but I feel it will become incredibly more annoying in a Mario Kart game.

I'm really looking forward to trying this out for myself next month. Nintendo seems to really brought the core Mario Kart experience here, with translating the game to mobile. ...And not to mention it looks pretty featured for a mobile experience. This is going to be a great little quick pick-up and play MK game that you can play for a few mins. when you don't have your Switch with you (or any other handheld MK game). I have a feeling this is gong to make Nintendo a ton of SH9xlJh.gifs! 

BTW, can I mention how cool it is seeing the classic pipe frame back as the "standard" kart? ^_^

Edited by alienboyva
26 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I already pre-registered for android, it just waiting game for September 25th to arrive!lhappy;

Same here! ^_^

Though, it took me a while to find the game on the App Store, as it wasn't appearing when searching for it by name. I had get to it by go to the list of "All Apps by Nintendo Co., Ltd.", which I got to via another game of theirs. BTW, it's appearing in search results now.

Edited by alienboyva
7 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Same here! ^_^

Though, it took me a while to find the game on the App Store, as it wasn't appearing when searching for it by name. I had get to it by go to the list of "All Apps by Nintendo Co., Ltd.", which I got to via another game of theirs. BTW, it's appearing in search results now.

Lol, weird.

I started to type the game and by the time I typed 'ma', it wasn't the search the pre-populated search results that found it but it was already features on the Google play store. I just clicked there and was done!lhappy;

19 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Lol, weird.

I started to type the game and by the time I typed 'ma', it wasn't the search the pre-populated search results that found it but it was already features on the Google play store. I just clicked there and was done!lhappy;

Yeah, something odd was going on last night after they put out the announcement. The game wasn't appearing in search results on the App Store (US), no trailers up yet (except a video on the App Store and Google Play). Plus, their website hadn't even updated yet and still said the game was coming Summer 2019 and that the beta was now over . LOL they even had the site (not yet updated) linked in tweet telling people to pre-register. :D  It took a while before everything was all up.

Edited by alienboyva

I'm more posting this for the ideas brought up / general thoughts

Man, the graphics in this game look super sharp.

The new karts look pretty slick like the NDC Taxi, that wagon, the macaroon kart, 

I like the outfits idea.

Old news but why do they keep on bringing back SNES Rainbow Road!

Applications towards MK IX *or * X if you count MKT as #9.

Outfits?

--I like the idea, wouldn't mind a Smash Bros alt color set up.

Character specific items

--I liked how that worked in SMK.  I liked the fact as a player I could get them based on my character in MKDD--with  that game having dual racers there was a lot of strategy there.

"Tour" aka real world based tracks

--Per the video, this idea looks and plays cool.  Based on the language associated with them discussing it, I wouldn't mind special event tracks, cups, ect.  I wonder how real world based ones though would work in a console version.

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

I'm more posting this for the ideas brought up / general thoughts

Man, the graphics in this game look super sharp.

The new karts look pretty slick like the NDC Taxi, that wagon, the macaroon kart, 

I like the outfits idea.

Old news but why do they keep on bringing back SNES Rainbow Road!

Applications towards MK IX *or * X if you count MKT as #9.

Outfits?

--I like the idea, wouldn't mind a Smash Bros alt color set up.

Character specific items

--I liked how that worked in SMK.  I liked the fact as a player I could get them based on my character in MKDD--with  that game having dual racers there was a lot of strategy there.

"Tour" aka real world based tracks

--Per the video, this idea looks and plays cool.  Based on the language associated with them discussing it, I wouldn't mind special event tracks, cups, ect.  I wonder how real world based ones though would work in a console version.

Bruh, did you even look at the posts on this page?!?

If you did you'll see AB posted this vid already. I'll get this post if the vid was on a previous pg but the vid is still in this page.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Next Wednesday we'll be kartn' around the world!

BTW, these Toad construction ads are pretty cute.... ^_^

*The videos below have the game's release date hidden in them (4 in the first and 3 in the second). Can you find them all?

Edited by alienboyva
1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

Lol, the best one and the best part was the New York one where Toad puts down one of those speed boost but the one that launch you in the air.

I thought I never see the day where a Toad is blown away by one. That made my day and should not be funny but it is and at the same time has me worry where that Toad is at.

I like this part from the Tokyo one. LOL the look on all the toads faces! :D  ZEUUUUS!!!

5mc3616.gif

Yeah, that part was great from the Tokyo one.

I like the ones in there where they were shooting fireballs in the sky and when the one of the Toads were whisked away on glider.

EDIT: The fireball one was the NYC one, my bad. So just the glider flight and lightning bolt for Tokyo.

I don't know what's up with me and Toads being tossed or whisked away, I find hilarious. It shouldn't but it is.

Edited by DLurkster