Mario Kart Tour | šŸā— New content ending Oct. 4th (Game NOT shutting down)

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably obscure old and/or currently unrelated news, but itā€™s MKT related enough for me.

So I was watching Wario Land videos, and a specific one from The Lonely Goomba about Wario Land 1 caught my eye. Keep in mind I havenā€™t spent as much time in WL1 compared to 2, 3, and 4 since I didnā€™t get WL1 until the 3DS VC got it. And even then I hardly spent time playing it. Anyways moving onā€¦
Depending on how many coins a treasures you get at the end of the game, you get different endings. These endings are Wario getting various houses, castles, and the moon if you get the best ending. However one of these castles is a Japanese styled castle according to the video.Ā 
When I saw that, I immediately thought if Mario Kart Tourā€™s Ninja Hideaway track is a call-back reference to one of Wario Landā€™s endings. I know when Ninja Hideaway was released in Tour, it was mainly Shy Guy themed since Ninja Shy Guy was one of the high tier characters introduced during the tour the track debuted in. But if you pay some attention to the trackā€™s decorations, youā€™ll notice that some of the decorations are of Warioā€™s W emblem, his nose and mustache, and garlic in gold. I was always curious to why Ninja Hideaway has some references to Wario when thereā€™s so many ninja Shy Guys around the place? After watching that video though, it makes more sense to me. I wouldnā€™t have guessed to what I thought was a random track idea for MkT to be a reference to one of WL1ā€™s endings. Thatā€™s pretty cool. If it wasnā€™t the intention, then thatā€™s a heck of a coincidence.

Ā 

tl:dr Just possibly found out why thereā€™s Wario stuff in Ninja Hideaway, all because of a Wario Land video I watched on YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This course being the last for MKT shouldn't matter.

Ā 

All waves will be released before the end of December 2023. We are less than 4 month till the end of the year and each of the 6 waves come out 3-4 month timeframe.

Ā 

We are already over a month since release with Wave 5 so in 2-3 months time we have a trailer and eventually release. If there were 2 more waves left and this was the last city course for MKT. Then I'll be more concerned.

Ā 

I get there are those you can't get enough MK, I'm below that maybe it allows to look at this and say this okay. We in the last stretch with MK8DX DLC and MKT is winding down so I see no issue, to me. Again, if there were still Waves left and new no courses are coming to MKT, I'd be concerned.

• 3 weeks later...
  • alienboyva changed the title to Mario Kart Tour | šŸā— New content ending Oct. 4th (Game NOT shutting down)