Mario Kart Tour | 🏁❗ New content ending Oct. 4th (Game NOT shutting down)

• alienboyva changed the title to Mario Kart Tour | ❄️Winter Tour (Nov. 19/20 - Dec. 3/4)

Correct me if I’m wrong but I remember seeing a promotional art piece of Yoshi wearing reindeer antlers and a button red nose for a holiday sale a year or so back. I’m not sure if they’d use that for a outfit for Yoshi in this Winter Tour, but it wouldn’t be too much effort on their part if they did that. Though it would seem lazy on their end too.

51 minutes ago, The Albraskan said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I remember seeing a promotional art piece of Yoshi wearing reindeer antlers and a button red nose for a holiday sale a year or so back. I’m not sure if they’d use that for a outfit for Yoshi in this Winter Tour, but it wouldn’t be too much effort on their part if they did that. Though it would seem lazy on their end too.

Oh! You mean this?

*I got this last year at GameStop

E7ECB630-C018-4F0C-8F8C-CAC4FA975CAC.thumb.jpeg.4b7041b873621c4ccc02fb3bd9ef305a.jpeg

Yeah, I can totally see them doing this for the two spotlight drives in the Winter Tour. 

Edited by alienboyva

A new update is out with some new controls for drifting/steering...

359E8103-9584-4429-8944-0F1AB12D12A7.thumb.png.e6835bceb3eebc36eeda8b032ef35113.png1C2260C8-0850-4DBB-ABFE-A71618ED5D34.thumb.png.50b6db893421f60cbe52a48be0bd4ea7.png24C335ED-873E-4215-ABE2-7B59DCFF1A69.thumb.png.66d3c5ac07f2ad940e08cae977fb4aaa.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tested out the controls for a couple of races and as nice as it is to have a drift button, I think I'm going to stick the manual drift controls. I've gotten used to being able to go right into a drift when I turn. Plus, I feel it takes a fraction of a second longer to hit the drift button when manual drift is off, which could easily make you end up missing a dfrit/mini-turbo.

Edited by alienboyva

It appeared the update in the Android build had an issue where the player would be stuck on the splash screen. The only fix at the time being deleting the cache and data (good thing for the mandatory Nintendo Account in this case.). But they've just released a new build to fix it. Thought I'd give the heads up.

Edited by avalonknight
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve slowed down on MKT as well. Ever since I hit tier 20, the game just puts me up against people who get over 30,000 points for the top 3 positions. I think the last cup I had enough to get the last tier prize, then a few hours later when the cup ended I dropped down far enough to lose my rank. 

I kinda wish that Nintendo would’ve at least made another Mario Kart for the Switch instead of making a deluxe port of 8, or MKT. Even though MKT is the most recent time I’ve had fun with a mobile game, it feels a bit more stressful than other mobile games I’ve played in the past.

• alienboyva changed the title to Mario Kart Tour | 🇬🇧 London Tour (12/4 - 12/18)
On 11/29/2019 at 2:50 PM, The Albraskan said:

I’ve slowed down on MKT as well. Ever since I hit tier 20, the game just puts me up against people who get over 30,000 points for the top 3 positions. I think the last cup I had enough to get the last tier prize, then a few hours later when the cup ended I dropped down far enough to lose my rank. 

I kinda wish that Nintendo would’ve at least made another Mario Kart for the Switch instead of making a deluxe port of 8, or MKT. Even though MKT is the most recent time I’ve had fun with a mobile game, it feels a bit more stressful than other mobile games I’ve played in the past.

Same here. I think I've reached my limit at tier 20. In my rankings I have to make over 30k just to have a chance at earning coins. As of now, the person in 1st has over 40k! There's just no way I can achieve these scores. Especially, when I'm lucky if I can even get 1 frenzy a race. I assume these are the people who keep feeding money into the game and have a bunch of drives/karts/gliders all and high levels or completely maxed out (lvl and point wise). Trying to top the rankings was the main reason I kept coming back as often. Now that I'm getting dominated by everyone, who most likely keep feeding money into the game, it's just not as fun anymore and I don't see a reason to keep coming back as often. I refuse to spend money on this game, so... Hopefully the multiplayer when it launches won't end up being pay-to-win like the higher tier rankings. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONGRATZ, MKT! Though, how many of those people are still playing?

Edited by alienboyva

Oof, this was a hard lesson. When the tour ends, it ends. Even if you're in a middle of a race, the game doesn't wait a few minutes or so for you to submit your results. Would've went from 8th to maybe 4th if I actually made it. Maybe it is because, of course, the Winter Tour just felt underwhelming, like really. From the Tour exclusive characters, the track, and dear god the score requirements were insane. I just didn't play it that much.

As for the London Tour, felt like it's a marked improvement from the Winter Tour so far. Also got Holiday Cheer Daisy and the Glitter Glider.

I got to tier 18 and I have 200+ rubies saved up for English Waluigi. I knew I was going to spend it all on the London tour, but I could not have dreamed of a better character.

Although after that I'm probably deleting Mario Kart Tour. Nintendo's given me too many daily apps to keep up with, and I understand that my quality of life is not actually going to suffer if I take long breaks. And plus, after going back to Mario Kart 8, I was blown away by how wide the screen is! :D