Mario Kart Tour | 🏁❗ New content ending Oct. 4th (Game NOT shutting down)

It's just the unfortunate roll of the dice it looks like. In the New York Tour, I was battling in the top three and ultimately got first in the first half, while I struggled to get to 6th on the second. I was practically uncontested in the first time of Tokyo, and I might have to fight a bit in the second half.

In my grouping, there are still people who did not play past the last ranked cup. And it looks like no one has Kimono Peach, since I don't have her, and hanging on first.358613737_MarioKart_2019-10-16-15-46-47.thumb.jpg.6c2740e5ee5bf2e9f50c3a7fd3bdf142.jpg

Edited by avalonknight
2 hours ago, avalonknight said:

It's just the unfortunate roll of the dice it looks like. In the New York Tour, I was battling in the top three and ultimately got first in the first half, while I struggled to get to 6th on the second. I was practically uncontested in the first time of Tokyo, and I might have to fight a bit in the second half.

In my grouping, there are still people who did not play past the last ranked cup. And it looks like no one has Kimono Peach, since I don't have her, and hanging on first.358613737_MarioKart_2019-10-16-15-46-47.thumb.jpg.6c2740e5ee5bf2e9f50c3a7fd3bdf142.jpg

Yeah, that seems to be the theme of this game, “LUCK”! 

Damn, in my rankings I have to beat over 21K, which will never happen with only being able to get frenzies in GCN Yoshi  Circuit. 😢 I assume the person at the top has Metal Mario and/or Pink Kimono Peach.

22028E99-F43D-4837-8825-0ED87B8E7C20.thumb.png.9ee9295933510e7d3725868ddcdabffc.png

Edited by alienboyva

Version 1.1.0 is now available with some nice QoL updates...

Nice I’ve been waiting a way to see all my badges from each tour. To bad you still can't see your total Grand Stars for a tour.

BTW, If you go to settings, you can now see your total points for the current tour.

Pic:

Spoiler

9C5EB9D8-A747-497B-B354-E901AED61F38.thumb.png.6f34df5b0618f500d89a2fbd914878bd.png

69gaDna.png

Edited by alienboyva
2 minutes ago, Surge135 said:

Cant add anyone via username, you have to use the 12 digit player ID

You can if you've previously added them via other NNID platforms (like if I was on your Switch Friends list, etc), it comes up under suggested friends.

2232 1126 0639

• alienboyva changed the title to Mario Kart Tour | 👻Halloween Tour (Oct. 22/23 - Nov. 5/6)

New MKT News...

LOL! They know how much everyone wants Luigi. Especially, since people were spamming "Where's Luigi?" (not to mention were's multiplayer as well) in the comments on the official Twitter account. IDK, why people were asking where Luigi was, because I've had him the entire time.... 😏

Spoiler
*See 2nd tweet below*

So, two King Boos, eh? Why can't king boo just be King Boo from Luigi's Mansion, Nintendo? :(  Do we really need SMS King Boo (why always this version?)? Any,way.... It's nice to see LM King Boo getting some love.

Bob-omb cannon? 😱 ...As if Diddy's banana barrels weren't bad enough. >_>

Nice to see TTs coming to bonus challenges. Hopefully these won't be a pain given the game's controls.

Edited by alienboyva

I was only able to make 4th in my rankings. I’m pretty sure all of the top 3 had Metal Mario which the got from the gold pass trial in the NY Tour. ...We’ll I know 2 at least did. Still, I think I did pretty good given I could only get frenzies on GCN Yoshi Circuit. I’m just glad I was able to make it to tier 10, so I could complete the challenge badge. 

Pics:

Spoiler

20D8B8CB-A6F6-454B-9ACC-F5C464295C74.thumb.png.d8492e0ce9718e121e9a5c9c1ebee3c6.png65836EE7-8E44-4034-B5F3-9DB9FD89D7B4.thumb.png.831809a1067f129dcad60b916d0c08b0.png102C54DF-3B84-4CD7-B1CD-848096F02227.thumb.png.9c3a8d90bb2129442f826ef0b2b421c0.png

Also, I did a x10 pull and was able to lvl up Daisy, Bowser, and Mario to lvl 2! ^_^

BTW, this Lightning Glider... Does it increase your odds of getting a ️ in all positions, including 1st? If so, it seems it could pretty game breaking if super leveled up, given you can get massive combos, especially with ️ frenzies. 

Edited by alienboyva

OK... Now every time you open a gift you’ve unlocked it pops up a message telling you to get the gold pass. 😒 OMG, Nintendo! PLZ STOP! I’m not spending more than a 1-year NSO membership on a 💩 mobile Mario Kart subscription. Not to mention, NSO gives you way more value for your $. 

Damn, Nintendo sure is hitting hard with this stupid sub for MKT. >_>

EDIT: This pop-up keeps locking up the game on me, so I can't exit this screen. I have to reboot the game to fix it. Is this happening to anyone else?

1D0CC3DE-B8DA-40F7-B1A4-B6B711B1C2D1.thumb.png.e311f2a0dfa00a21625560d655ed32ce.png

Edited by alienboyva

Let's just say I had a big fight in this game. It had gone on for about several days. Me and this other guy had been TRADING first and second, beating each other by a few hundred points each time. Sadly...

2139659947_MarioKart_2019-10-23-01-04-11.png.d4b87b5710df2c6f17f4171d01ebadaa.png

I think if I concentrated on ranked rather than leveling my crew and gear, I might have been able to match that score. But at least I'm at Tier 12 now. And I also decided to get the Gold Pass, and might for a few months. Though the way I'm going about it is subscribing then cancel. Because that way, I can try and maximize my value of the pass, and theoretically cover three tours. (It's complicated. Like for this one, since I know I want those rainbow upgrade tickets, I went for it on the very last day, and will only be covering two tours this round, blah blah, yes, I need a whiteboard for this.)

Also I guess I should show off my crew and gear as of now.

Spoiler

1561204486_MarioKart_2019-10-23drivers.thumb.png.156bab37e81184e0b8036205279865b6.png1943003586_MarioKart_2019-10-23gliders.png.0afe15920e38000399940bd4fcc494d9.png725324537_MarioKart_2019-10-23karts.thumb.png.3c1c3d101ac74c02879167de64492c90.png

I have way too good luck with Gliders. And dammit, I wanted Halloween Rosalina. And don't be fooled by the levels on the SSRs. I've used level up tickets on them. Though I did pull Dry Bowser. Also I hate Super Horn challenges (That cost me 10 rubies, because that was the only challenge I couldn't complete on the first Gold Pass challenge board.), so I'm glad that I got the Wicked Wings to help in that.

Even though I know the item shop is a good way of alleviating some of the grind and gacha salt, I wish they would give out more rubies than this. Like look at Nintendo's other mobile title, Dragalia Lost, and how they constantly dish out summoning material.

Edited by avalonknight
6 hours ago, alienboyva said:

OK... Now every time you open a gift you’ve unlocked it pops up a message telling you to get the gold pass. 😒 OMG, Nintendo! PLZ STOP! I’m not spending more than a 1-year NSO membership on a 💩 mobile Mario Kart subscription. Not to mention, NSO gives you way more value for your $. 

Damn, Nintendo sure is hitting hard with this stupid sub for MKT. >_>

EDIT: This pop-up keeps locking up the game on me, so I can't exit this screen. I have to reboot the game to fix it. Is this happening to anyone else?

1D0CC3DE-B8DA-40F7-B1A4-B6B711B1C2D1.thumb.png.e311f2a0dfa00a21625560d655ed32ce.png

Yeah, I was getting this yesterday but when I played to day after DL update maybe for the new tour? I can hit the 'x' to close without exiting the game itself.

But yeah I agree Nintendo forcing this on you and it's a little heavy-handed with soft-locking your game. It's one thing to pop up (still annoying tho) but it's another when when it freezes the game basically.

Try to see if there's DL update or something and see if that fixes it.

So I finally got to completing the first two blue challenge cards that rewards 10 rubies for filling them out. Then with the rest of the rubies I had, I spent them on the 10 pull Halloween pipe and got absolutely nothing from the Halloween event. The only thing I think was worth it was the Wario glider and the normal B-Dasher kart (already have the Tokyo event version of the B-Dasher from the one 10 pull Tokyo pipe). Then I just spent the last of my rubies on single pull pipes and got Baby Rosalina (for the third time I think) and Diddy Kong.

So at the rate it took me to save up to 45 rubies, the Halloween event will probably be over. Wonder if the Halloween Rosalina and Luigi’s Mansion King Boo are only available through this event? 

18 minutes ago, The Albraskan said:

So at the rate it took me to save up to 45 rubies, the Halloween event will probably be over. Wonder if the Halloween Rosalina and Luigi’s Mansion King Boo are only available through this event? 

Looks like that's the case, two exclusive characters/skins per tour.

6 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Since I already got the gold pass, I cannot see if I can recreate it on my S8+ (not sure what kind of phone you have). But browsing through Reddit, it looks like there are some people on iOS who encountered the same problem. I would send a support ticket.

Edited by avalonknight
9 minutes ago, avalonknight said:

Since I already got the gold pass, I cannot see if I can recreate it on my S8+ (not sure what kind of phone you have). But browsing through Reddit, it looks like there are some people on iOS who encountered the same problem. I would send a support ticket.

I used to have S8+ and now I have an S10 and as I said in reply to AB post I was getting yesterday but after a wifi data update, I do not get the freezes anymore. But yeah if you still getting them then yeah send ticket.

20 minutes ago, avalonknight said:

I'm using an iPhone 8 running iOS 12. Good to know it's not just me having this issue.

Yeah, I already reported this issue.

Not sure if anyone here have encountered an SSR character in their shop, usually would find a kart or glider once a week (heard it's random for everyone), but whoa that's expensive! Thankfully I already have Metal Mario. I just need DK for the tie challenge. Also makes me wonder if tour exclusive one pop up as well. An incentive to always have 12,000 coins on hand if possible.

2081161829_MarioKart_2019-10-26-10-47-58.thumb.jpg.07aedc08a92c7f36e54053ef0c6e67d3.jpg

Edited by avalonknight