SteamWorld Quest Announced for Nintendo Switch

Image & Form, the developers behind the SteamWorld Dig games and SteamWorld Heist, have announced a brand new entry in their steambot series: SteamWorld Quest, a card-based RPG set for release on the Switch later this year. Check out the trailer above for a quick preview of the game's hand-drawn world and turn-based battles.

I've loved all of the other SteamWorld games, so I'm definitely looking forward to this one!

Press release:

SteamWorld Quest is the roleplaying card game you’ve been waiting for! Lead a party of heroic steambots through a beautifully hand-drawn world and intense battles, using only your wits and a handful of cards. Take on whatever threat comes your way by crafting your own deck, choosing from over 100 unique punch cards!

What awaits you is a luscious treasure chest filled with gold, dragons, vivid worlds, magic, knights in shining armor as well as XP, turn-based battles and all that good RPG stuff! The humorous mix of traditional fantasy and steampunk robots makes for an unforgettable experience with lots of laughs.

For years, the SteamWorld community has asked us to create an RPG. In fact, on multiple occasions we’ve asked our followers what they'd like us to make next, and so far an RPG has been the number one request. So we took it upon ourselves to create a new kind of game, to surprise and delight both fans of the genre as well as existing SteamWorld fans.

We’re very excited to share our latest and possibly greatest adventure yet, and we can’t wait to hear your first impressions! We'll reveal more details about #SWQuest in the coming months, including price, release date, story, gameplay details, future platforms and so on.

Edited by Eliwood8
5 hours ago, Kezay said:

I really like that the Steamworld series has taken off so well since the original.  I still gotta catch up on other entries but I'm glad to see another genre take with the series which is helping to keep the whole Steamworld universe fresh!

Yeah the SteamWorld series is one of my favorite indie franchises and I love that they keep trying new things, like how Heist is so different from Dig and Dig 2 and now this one seems to be even more unique. Seems like given enough time they'll whip up a SteamWorld game for every imaginable genre!