Where's our next Nintendo Direct?!

5 minutes ago, Arvis said:

Has a Pokémon game ever debuted in a direct? I feel like TPC always likes to announce there games on their own and especially like that week or two before E3.

Three Houses seems like a far more likely focus of the direct since it's supposedly coming this Spring.

I think we get leaks from stuff like Corocoro or whatever then there's usually a Nintendo Direct about it shortly after.

29 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

I think we get leaks from stuff like Corocoro or whatever then there's usually a Nintendo Direct about it shortly after.

This might be pedantic, but it's Corocoro itself that leaks (i.e. someone gets early access to Corocoro a few days before street release); the magazine itself never leaks anything. Any news Corocoro has from TPC is official because it publishes the Pokémon manga, but it's played a smaller role in Pokémon news over the years.

2 minutes ago, Arvis said:

This might be pedantic, but it's Corocoro itself that leaks (i.e. someone gets early access to Corocoro a few days before street release); the magazine itself never leaks anything. Any news Corocoro has from TPC is official because it publishes the Pokémon manga, but it's played a smaller role in Pokémon news over the years.

That's more or less what I meant. That we get leaks via scans of Corocoro.

9 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

That's more or less what I meant. That we get leaks via scans of Corocoro.

TPC hasn't given Corocoro big news in years, since they prefer to just do a debut trailer instead.

Corocoro is basically irrelevant outside of like Pokemon movie announcements and the occasional ""new"" Pokémon (which is a mythic Pokémon everyone datamined most of the time) and maybe stuff related to the TCG but I want to say Platinum is the last time they revealed a game and Gen V was the last time they were a major news source.

Edited by Arvis

Yeah, I think you’re right. Theirs is kind of like an honorary post these days. Corocoro is given some information now just because they used to be a big deal for Pokémon fans, but it’s really just peanuts or elaborating on certain pre-revealed details.

Or maybe TPC feels kind of bad for them so throws them an occasional bone? 

In any case, I suspect Nintendo will want to discuss upcoming early-mid 2019 games soon. So I definitely think one is around the corner.

• Chrom featured this topic