Crash Team Racing: 3/26 Update

The new game is a remake of the PS1 game correct?

Was the GC CTR a completely different game with new/different modes and tracks?

I could have sworn I owned both ...I don't recall trading off my GC disc but whatever....

Is the new version looking to incorporate material from both?

I'm kind of asking because I saw that BBY (and GS too) took down the Switch options for the new game and then I read up and it said the game might be delayed so they took the game down.

I did generally like CTR so a remake is in my wheelhouse for getting ...but then that GC game came to mind.... so I was just asking these questions.

Edited by purple_beard

I believe there were two Crash racing games on GC. The later one plays completely differently, but Nitro Kart is similar to CTR for the most part. I did see some elements from at least one of those games in the teaser, but I wouldn't expect too much else given that those games aren't as known or beloved as CTR.

3 hours ago, avalonknight said:

Yup, the GCN installment of the Crash Racing series is a different game. Though from what I read, it looks like the remastered port of Crash Team Racing is going to add in some features from its later installments, but don't expect it to be a compilation of sorts like the N-Sane Trilogy.

2 hours ago, Young P said:

I believe there were two Crash racing games on GC. The later one plays completely differently, but Nitro Kart is similar to CTR for the most part. I did see some elements from at least one of those games in the teaser, but I wouldn't expect too much else given that those games aren't as known or beloved as CTR.

I believe I owned the PS1 CTR and I had at least one of the GC CTRs but I don't remember the name.  I just didn't recall if the GC one was a remake of the PS1 one but then I came across that Tag Team Racing GC game and I don't think that was the one I owned and I didn't recall anything special about it.

HMM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crash_Nitro_Kart

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crash_Tag_Team_Racing

DAMN, I sitll can't remember what GC game I had from this.  The screen shots don't offer a jarring recollection of which one it was.

Edited by purple_beard
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, XLW said:

I'm at least 70% percent on Adventure Mode. Trying to get everything now. Just need one more relic to complete the Glacier Area part before moving onto the last area. Man, I forgot how much I love this game and how different the controls are. 

on the controls...

I don't like b accelerate set up....  so counter to all other racing games I've played.

Also, mastering this drift boost is getting annoying.