Crash Team Racing: 3/26 Update

On 7/8/2019 at 9:19 PM, purple_beard said:

@Fuzzer1

@XLW

@Young P

I thought I remembered someone saying the server connections were BS when they got the game.  But that isn't why I'm posting this, I'm posting this in that I did some of the DLC weekend and was earning bonuses and a crazy clip but that period should still be going on and the online stuff I only had like one hour today of bonus earning marks, all other earned stuff was like normal for what I did.  Has their been server issues with bonuses not coming in/earned correctly for stuff?

Not on my end. Though, I did get the Nitros Oxide Edition digitally, so maybe it's for those who got it physical? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Anyways, after many rampages, tantrums, and moments of frustration and sweat, I did it. I beat N. Tropy. Not sure if anyone else has, it just felt really good to say it.

... Only thing left is egg-man that debuted in the GBA games. Too bad the Grand Prix is still ongoing, so I can't get him yet. 

I don't know why I had to do it, maybe it was the urge to finally complete one of my favorite games without cheats. It feels really good.  

Oh, yeah, I've been meaning to do a tier list thing of my favorite tracks of this game, now that I finally played through all of them, but will exclude the exclusive PS4 track and the Grand Prix tracks. 

My Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled Tracks Tier List (NO DLC and PS4 exclusive)

Note: I’m basing this only on plain time-trial skill, so that means it doesn’t factor in any jumps over pits. And each track looks and sounds wonderful in the game, so no ups or downs there. Also, no Battle Tracks.

F-  

Papu’s Pyramid: The pyramid section is hard to drift in, the purple plants are horrible, the shortcut jumps are lame, and you have to get through this track three times. I just sincerely hate this track.  

Android Alley: I hate the train, the shortcut jump, and the robot mice. A worse version of Turbo Track. And, it’s extremely long.

D- 

Thunder Struck: The track is narrow, and there’s too much close call with obstacles. A worse version of Hot Air Skyway. It’s also extremely long.

C-  

Dragon Mines: The mine karts, that drifting section, and the supports are not fun. Plus, the fact that you have to play this track three times.   

Hyper Spaceway: The shortcut area is not fun, the fire jump area sucks, and the fire drift area sucks. If it wasn’t for the big jump, it would’ve been worse. Also, discount Oxide Stadium but worse.

Deep Sea Driving: The gears and such. A worse version of Roo’s Tubes.   

Polar Pass: The tricky turbo pad platforms coupled with the drift at that one section, the shortcut jump, and the last stretch aren’t welcome in an otherwise decent track. I almost forgot the seals.

B- 

Mystery Caves: The timing of the turtles and meteors is sometimes really hard to work with.  

Dingo Canyon: The timing of the armadillos and the turbo pad drift execution makes this an okay track.

Sewer Speedway: A nice track to drift and jump, even if the shortcut is a little hard to execute. I forgot the barrels and this one part at the end of the track that can stop all momentum.  

Cortex Castle: Turning, the spiders, and the shortcut.  

Clockwork Wumpa: I hate the gears, the trap, and the clock.   

A- 

Turbo Track: A Slide Coliseum with turbo pad but even meaner turning sections. 

Tiger Temple: The jumps are a little odd here, not to mention the shortcut needs a bowling bomb to execute.  

Blizzard Bluff: That one shortcut and that boulder. Still, fun track. 

Hot Air Skyway: It’s a bit narrow, not to mention turning is an essential.

Inferno Island: I’m counting this as a discount Crash Cove. Still fun, though.   

Tiny Arena: Like Wario Stadium from Mario Kart 64, but jumping can be a bit tricky here, and it is a bit long.

Tiny Temple: Unless one presses the box, the fire can be annoying to some players. Not to mention, the shortcut might be detrimental here.  

Barin Ruins: The robots and the one shortcut.   

Electron Avenue: The barriers suck, but the beginning part is fun. Still, it is a really long track.    

Assembly Lane: The one shortcut isn’t really good. Jumping is a gamble as well, like Tiny Arena beforehand.

Out of Time: It’s just that one short-cut in the beginning that’s difficult to pull off. And, that windmill is a buzzkill.  

S-

Crash Cove: Great beginning track, even if the shortcut jump is a little hard to pull off.

Slide Coliseum: Some of the turns are really mean, but it’s not a bad track.   

N. Gin Labs: The barrel part is obnoxious, and the turning is lame, but the turbo tunnel is fun, so…

Jungle Boogie: Hard jumps and the shortcut jump. Otherwise, still love this track, and it’s a better alternative to Papu’s Pyramid.

Oxide Stadium: The turning might be hard, but the big turbo jumps are really cool… unless you fall into the ground while landing from the second jump.

SS-

Roo’s Tubes: Just turning, boosting, and jumping. Nothing too hard to pull off. 

Coco Park: Again, nothing too hard to pull off.  If nothing else, my favorite track.

Meteor Gorge: I can only think of the short-cuts being a real problem. I somehow like this more than Blizzard Bluff. 

On 7/23/2019 at 11:47 AM, XLW said:

I think I might need a new PS4 controller. 

Even though I swear I'm pressing the corresponding L1/R1 buttons for the controller, sometimes the game wouldn't register as such. This is really frustrating for levels with jumps and drifts/turns. And shortcuts. 

Hmmm

I can't say I thought the same with my Switch version but I did think my attempts at drifting were off the last time I played.  That said, I am far from a master with this games drifting system.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/07/crash_team_racing_will_soon_allow_players_to_buy_wumpa_coins_with_real_money

Well, well, well.....

I am not sure how interested I am yet.... price and desire....  and some coming to terms with how well I feel I am doing in the Story Mode and other modes in terms of earning stuff....

Damn, even CTR isn't exempt from baby racers lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For the Spyro Grand Prix. Ends 9/29. I couldn’t tell you if he is an exclusive. I have the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, and he’s a Speeder, one of the types I don’t like, so maybe it’s not a total loss. Probably plays like other characters too, and I see him online, so whatever. Haven’t touched the game much since the news of micro transactions. 

22 minutes ago, XLW said:

For the Spyro Grand Prix. Ends 9/29. I couldn’t tell you if he is an exclusive. I have the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, and he’s a Speeder, one of the types I don’t like, so maybe it’s not a total loss. Probably plays like other characters too, and I see him online, so whatever. Haven’t touched the game much since the news of micro transactions. 

Earning is live for me.  Looks like a cart and two racers + his track.

2 hours ago, XLW said:

That second shadow... That tag team racing rat mouse thing... 

Too bad who knows when I’ll get Spyro.

I couldn't play long enough over the weekend to get him.  Used my coins for a racer pack then when I had earned enough the car/devil dog pack I had tried to get dropped out and was replaced by a different car bundle.

I'm still trying to figure out what this custom cart option is in the menu as I have none and don't see a way to get anything that qualifies.