Sign in to follow this  
Art_de_Cat

Switch Pro coming this year?

1 minute ago, EH_STEVE said:

I only don't want them to because I have one already. But more owners usually means more support and I'm down for that.

Same here. Have no need for it. I am too. As long as it doesn't screw over owners of the first gen version. That would be frustrating to say the least.

Pro and Lite idea makes sense, they have done that with lots of consoles before. I mean, ducks I’d likely be automatically lumped into the Lite group since I don’t plan on upgrading, but whatever. As long as they still support original Switch, I’m fine.

Hmm, I'm tech head and I want the latest and greatest unless the features in is worth it and I actually can/will use, I'll fork over the cash.

I do find the appeal for 1080p screen to be appealling with OLED, if it claims will save battery power.

I do also totally get splitting what their offering what kind of system. This didn't break the 3DS install base but, you should only makes this kind of move unless initial install base is over 20 million and the Switch is over that by now.

That is why this worked with the PS4 and PS4 Pro, they had big enough install base.

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

Hmm, I'm tech head and I want the latest and greatest unless the features in is worth it and I actually can/will use, I'll fork over the cash.

I do find the appeal for 1080p screen to be appealling with OLED, if it claims will save battery power.

I do also totally get splitting what their offering what kind of system. This didn't break the 3DS install base but, you should only makes this kind of move unless initial install base is over 20 million and the Switch is over that by now.

That is why this worked with the PS4 and PS4 Pro, they had big enough install base.

And that's great. For anyone who has and likes to spend money on things like it. For a lot of us though, it's an investment and one that shouldn't be a short lived one. If what we got becomes obsolete within a short period of time, it'll pretty much be us getting screwed. 

Sure and (thankfully) they didn't make it so that the regular PS4 base get screwed over game wise.

If Nintendo does that, then it'll bite them in the butt.

Edited by Doc Brown

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

And that's great. For anyone who has and likes to spend money on things like it. For a lot of us though, it's an investment and one that shouldn't be a short lived one. If what we got becomes obsolete within a short period of time, it'll pretty much be us getting screwed. 

Sure and (thankfully) they didn't make it so that the regular PS4 base get screwed over game wise.

If Nintendo does that, then it'll bite them in the butt.

Yeah, you make a good point.

That's the inevitability of technology, something will be obsolete soon. But what is interesting here is that Nintendo never been one to push the latest technology, they wait till it's more affordable to put out in the market to buy.

You see this this with the 3DS and how Nintendo wanted to put 3D capabilities in the GBA SP and GC and the Wii U, finally going HD. So I really have to wonder what brought about this change or is this new supposed Switch really something that feasible cheap to make in 2019, I wonder?

Regardless the Switch has decent install base and as long the features is something I will use, I might consider a buy. I made that decision with the N3DS. Also, made that decision again for not getting the PS4 Pro. I want to get the most out of it with a 4K TV, which I don't own and I'm not buying 4K TV for video games. I rather get one for 4K content for network TV and streaming service. Right not most of those services are not all in 4K so it is not worth and waste to get 4K TV for that imo.

Edited by DLurkster

27 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Yeah, you make a good point.

That's the inevitability of technology, something will be obsolete soon. But what is interesting here is that Nintendo never been one to push the latest technology, they wait till it's more affordable to put out in the market to buy.

You see this this with the 3DS and how Nintendo wanted to put 3D capabilities in the GBA SP and GC and the Wii U, finally going HD. So I really have to wonder what brought about this change or is this new supposed Switch really something that feasible cheap to make in 2019, I wonder?

Regardless the Switch has decent install base and as long the features is something I will use, I might consider a buy. I made that decision with the N3DS. Also, made that decision again for not getting the PS4 Pro. I want to get the most out of it with a 4K TV, which I don't own and I'm not buying 4K TV for video games. I rather get one for 4K content for network TV and streaming service. Right not most of those services are not all in 4K so it is not worth and waste to get 4K TV for that imo.

Yep. Exactly.

You make a good point. Thing is, shouldn't they focus on making the bluetooth better? It seems to be running into an issue with it not connecting to some people's Pokemon Go when they're trying to transfer to Go Park. (only way I'd ever upgrade -- if and when I'd have to)

Ah. I see. I haven't moved up since I don't think most of those new features are worth it. Guess I'm not a huge fan of technology :P. Not to say that I haven't looked around (just in case my tv dies on me). But a lot of tv's out there don't seem to be all that good. I guess I just want a sturdy tv, same as what I'd want in a gaming system. Something that'll last.

Edited by Doc Brown

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Yep. Exactly.

You make a good point. Thing is, shouldn't they focus on making the bluetooth better? It seems to be running into an issue with it not connecting to some people's Pokemon Go when they're trying to transfer to Go Park.

Ah. I see. I haven't moved up since I don't think most of those new features are worth it. Guess I'm not a huge fan of technology :P. Not to say that I haven't looked around. But a lot of tv's out there don't seem to be all that good. I guess I just want a sturdy tv, same as what I'd want in a gaming system. Something that'll last.

Yeah, I guess I don't see why they wouldn't improved bluetooth connection. But that all comes down to form factor and placement not really making it stronger per se. You can and it's not that expense to do so by why do that when they just need to better position the antenna, really. That will be at no cost as to little upgrade and pay for that, I don't see them doing that.

Understandable, you know what you want in TV and your budget. But when you have expectations along with a penchant for technology, focusing budget around is manageable but can be meddlesome sometimes. Just like you I know what I want and will use said features for in my daily life. If I don't see myself using it or something that is not readily available then it is not worth it in my eyes

17 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Yeah, I guess I don't see why they wouldn't improved bluetooth connection. But that all comes down to form factor and placement not really making it stronger per se. You can and it's not that expense to do so by why do that when they just need to better position the antenna, really. That will be at no cost as to little upgrade and pay for that, I don't see them doing that.

Understandable, you know what you want in TV and your budget. But when you have expectations along with a penchant for technology, focusing budget around is manageable but can be meddlesome sometimes. Just like you I know what I want and will use said features for in my daily life. If I don't see myself using it or something that is not readily available then it is not worth it in my eyes

Ah I see. Probably not. It's why I'm wondering if there's a way that they could at least improve on it a bit via a firmware update.

Exactly. It's what gets my goat when I see people go after anyone who has an older tv and tries to bug them about it. Fair point. Yep. I don't see myself using most of those features (so it's kind of the opposite of where you're at, but I understand where you're coming from -- I like stability in something before buying it), so I just try to get what I need from them.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Ah I see. Probably not. It's why I'm wondering if there's a way that they could at least improve on it a bit via a firmware update.

Exactly. It's what gets my goat when I see people go after anyone who has an older tv and tries to bug them about it. Fair point. Yep. I don't see myself using most of those features (so it's kind of the opposite of where you're at, but I understand where you're coming from -- I like stability in something before buying it), so I just try to get what I need from them.

Firmware update alters more hardware to software (like memory or sound) for any electronic with a CPU in it. Bluetooth is physical hardware and that cannot be changed or altered with firmware update. That has to be changes from the inside and for the joy-con, it's simple re-arrange of that hardware

2 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Firmware update alters more hardware to software (like memory or sound) for any electronic with a CPU in it. Bluetooth is physical hardware and that cannot be changed or altered with firmware update. That has to be changes from the inside and for the joy-con, it's simple re-arrange of that hardware

Ah dang it. So that would require us to buy new joycons if/when they fix that...

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Ah dang it. So that would require us to buy new joycons if/when they fix that...

Yup, but even you and I knowing that makes the difference to make the adjustments yourself (which you be surprised most have done already) or to accept what it is, just is.

Just now, DLurkster said:

Yup, but even you and I knowing that makes the difference to make the adjustments yourself (which you be surprised most have done already) or to accept what it is, just is.

Yep. (And trying to open it up to adjust it myself is above my pay grade. Props to those who are able to do that kind of thing.) I've done that. It is what it is. Just waiting until then and then hope for a good sale. :P 

If the Pro Switch only improves the screen, like the article suggests, then I will not be interested.

There's a list of other seemingly simple improvements that would make me interested:

- Better Bluetooth support

- More memory / better CPU/GPU

- More durable Joycons

- Add an Ethernet port to the dock (or better yet, the portable)

- Add an HDMI to the portable that allows "docking" without the official dock

- More internal storage

- Built-in streaming capabilities / easier methods of transferring screenshot/video files off console (this is a software feature that should be feasible on the original model but you could position it as a feature that only the "pros" need)

To keep up with the ports coming they will need to do something...

So the next wave for that processor

More RAM

More internal onboard storage

Are the three things to look at....

But, they will have to somewhat keep the same profile for all the JoyCons.

And doing a portable only or Switch Lite if you will makes the Switch not the Switch, it makes it the next GameBoy / portable console....

24 minutes ago, WatcherJoshua said:

If the Pro Switch only improves the screen, like the article suggests, then I will not be interested.

There's a list of other seemingly simple improvements that would make me interested:

- Better Bluetooth support

- More memory / better CPU/GPU

- More durable Joycons

- Add an Ethernet port to the dock (or better yet, the portable)

- Add an HDMI to the portable that allows "docking" without the official dock

- More internal storage

- Built-in streaming capabilities / easier methods of transferring screenshot/video files off console (this is a software feature that should be feasible on the original model but you could position it as a feature that only the "pros" need)

Majority of the stuff there is gonna run up the price of this supposed Switch Pro.

The only thing from that list that Nintendo might entertain, is better bluetooth support, durable Joy-Cons, ethernet port and adding HDMI to the console. Tho, I guess to some this still won't be worth the update but this is a small possibility the might add or improve on. This is Nintendo they don't follow technology trend they do the most with least innovative ways like the Wii. That will never change with Nintendo, ever.

2 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Majority of the stuff there is gonna run up the price of this supposed Switch Pro.

The only thing from that list that Nintendo might entertain, is better bluetooth support, durable Joy-Cons, ethernet port and adding HDMI to the console. Tho, I guess to some this still won't be worth the update but this is a small possibility the might add or improve on. This is Nintendo they don't follow technology trend they do the most with least innovative ways like the Wii. That will never change with Nintendo, ever.

The Switch already as a HDMI out on the dock.

9 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

The Switch already as a HDMI out on the dock.

No, you're talking about the USB C port on the console, when put that port which connects to connector on the dock, that's how a image show up on your TV throw the HDMI port on the dock via HDMI cord.

Putting HDMI port without the need of the dock is what he saying wants, which is obviously feasible because it's a standard of a standard. Honestly to me that's non-issue and this coming from some who plays dock more than handheld.

I can't remember if the portable docks is what is making the system brick or it is simply normal 3rd party docks doing it. If asking to put put HDMI on the console will fix that sure by all means go for it but do that and you break what makes the Switch the Switch in my opinion. Yes, the Switch allows anyone to play the systems anyway you like but take that away and you just have another console.

Edited by DLurkster