Yoshi's Crafted World Get Release Date: March 29

It all started when Kamek and Baby Bowser set out to steal a gem-set stone. Legend has it that this fabled artifact can grant the bearer their wildest dreams! But when the artifact’s gems are sent flying, it falls upon Yoshi and friends to find them. Luckily, saving the day can be cooperative and challenging. As Yoshi, you’ll leap up high, gulp down enemies, and set out on a treasure hunt to find all the different collectables. On the flip side, stages can be played backwards, providing new perspectives to explore and new ways to locate some of the more craftily hidden items! Available March 29, 2019 exclusively on Nintendo Switch.

If it's anything like Woolly World this should be a fun, cutesy game for the Switch. Who's interested in playing it?

Nice trailer video.  Finally a plot of some kind LOL.

I want this game.  Woolly World restored my faith in Yoshi platformers and I got both the WiiU and the 3DS version of the game.  But, I have to admit, the custom colored Yoshis to play as via either earning the Yarns OR scanning amiibos was the real hook to the game.  The 3DS outdid that by giving you the Yoshi Creator feature, of which I made tons of Yoshis to play as.  This game is apparently not offering that kind of thing.

It will be interesting to see how Pipe Cleaner Yoshi's look compares to Woolly Yoshi.

From all those extended play videos on this game, I have no doubt there will be tons of secrets and interesting level designs.

13 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

lol, it should be called that.

I know its not the official name but I think in one of the Nintendo videos involving the game they said he was made out of pipe cleaner material.

I also find it odd that there isn't an amiibo tie in for the game-- Woolly World  (U) had the three yarn Yoshis + Mega Yarn Yoshi and the 3DS one had Poochy.

58 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

This vid was definitely stealth release. It didn't necessarily need direct to show this but seeing they went this route, really does question if there will be amiibo functionality, tho.

Hmmm..... 

Ya know.... at the end of the video, at the bottom right hand corner there was an amiibo logo so.....

But yeah, nothing official about what they might do or if there will be a tie in line..... I guess we need that January Direct to hurry up LOL.

59 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Ya know.... at the end of the video, at the bottom right hand corner there was an amiibo logo so.....

But yeah, nothing official about what they might do or if there will be a tie in line..... I guess we need that January Direct to hurry up LOL.

I was gonna mention if there was amiibo logo but I assume there wasn't if they didn't mention it.

With the logo there, even if there won't be any new amiibo attached to this game, amiibo already out are compatible with this game. All is not lost.

I'm interested in playing Crafted World, but not in purchasing it. It looks pretty standard to me. In spite of being able to play levels in two different ways, the overall design of the game seems like a straight shot based on the design of the game's overall setting and I don't get the sense of anything really new being done with this title. I might watch a LP or so of the game when it comes out to get a better idea about it, because if it has freedom within the world map on top of the flip side mechanic for replaying levels Crafted World could be worth purchasing. Having a story trailer for this game doesn't do it any favors: It makes Crafted World look basic.

6 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Yoshi games are less know for story than Mario games and this could be my bias nostalgia talking but the best story was the first Yoshi Island game for SNES and that's saying a lot.

That's fine. I just don't know why what looks like the game's intro isn't just saved for the game itself, especially since the story seems so simple. I would've thought they would show a few more levels or show some of the collectables for a release date reveal to make it much more interesting and continue highlighting the more engaging aspects of the game.

• 2 weeks later...