Video Games Finished in 2019

Zero Time Dilemma 

Deadly Premonition 

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Shantae Half Genie Hero Ultimate Edition (Ninja Mode) 

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse

MegaMan X

MegaMan Zero 2

Super Castlevania IV

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Gravity Rush Remastered

River City Girls 

Bloodborne - Finally. At long last, I've completed Bloodborne for the first time. Despite not having played any Souls games, the Lovecraftian horror angle hooked me and it became one of the major reasons I went for a PS4 a few years ago. My story with Bloodborne is like so many others: Out of the gate it was so brutally difficult that I put it down for the longest time.  Right after I beat that boss. You know the one. But I was one of the ones who came back. Because in that short time it left an impression on me. So late last year I came back to it, and after relearning how to play it clicked. Suddenly, I got it. And it didn't take long for me to become totally engrossed in the story and the lore. As of now, it's safe to say it's one of my very favorite games, and playing it through to the end feels cathartic.

- Sayonara Wild Hearts (Switch)

Well this was fantastic, glad I had time to play it just before writing my top games of the year. The soundtrack is going to be stuck in my head for weeks (in a good way). [image]

- Cadence of Hyrule (Switch)
Great crossover—hope we see more Nintendo/indie developer partnerships like this. Also finished Octavo's path for that game challenge. [image] Octavo's Ode

- Luigi's Mansion 3 (Switch)
Fun puzzles and bosses but the combat got a bit dull by the end of the game. [image]

- Sparklite (Switch)
Love the presentation of the game, but more engaging combat would have made the gameplay loop more satisfying. [image]

- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (PS4)
Warming up for Borderlands 3. I tried Aurelia this time which was a lot of fun once I got her ice skill tree built up—super handy for clearing mobs since I didn't even have to look at them for the icicles to do their thing. Screw the final boss of Claptastic Voyage though, what a pain in the ass. [image]

Challenge game complete: Cadence of Hyrule: Octavo's Ode

C : 118

H: 2

P: 0

M: 0

O: 120

Challenges: 22 points

Probably my last update of the year—I don't anticipate finishing any other games in the next two days!

First, we have made it to 2020. Congratulations! Another year down! 

We beat about 358 games this year. This figure includes multiple paths, such as playing through various houses in Fire Emblem Three Houses. 

About one in three of those games were beaten by Eliwood8, while just under a quarter were beaten by XLW. ArmoredFrog's New Years Eve post takes the #3 spot. 

If folks want to continue cataloging into 2020, that sounds like a plan. I can create a new post, or is anyone else interested in hosting duties? 

Glad my crippling addiction to gaming can be so thoroughly chronicled in these threads.

And yeah we ought to keep the tradition going. My backlog doesn't seem to have gotten any smaller (especially after getting new games for the holidays) so I'll still be chipping away at it.

I wasn't good at staying on top of updating this in 2019, but the good news is that's because I had barely anything to add! Wait that's not really good news.....

Anyways the only other game I actually beat this year was Three Houses though I have beaten three of the routes so if we count them separately I feel a smidgen better. I also don't remember dates for each path I updated as "beaten" on 8/6 so just listing them all there even though I know I beat the first two path's earlier. 

Igneous42 2019 Games Beaten

2/4: Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Switch) 

2/10: Soul Calibur IV (PS4)

8/6: Fire Emblem Three Houses: Crimson Flower

8/6: Fire Emblem Three Houses: Azure Moon

8/6: Fire Emblem Three Houses: Verdant Winds

C: 5

So kind of a rough year for beating games, but oh well. It's not even like I have the excuse that I wasn't playing games, I just didn't play many that I could "beat" in the typical sense. Three Houses I also just put a lot of time into, despite the fact that I haven't beaten Silver Snow yet. Hopefully next year will be better, I'll have my first game beaten probably within a few days so at least I'll have a bit of a head start.