Town Plaza - N4A Chat Thread - January 2019

Spring

42 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Gee thanks NIS. Not planning on getting a 4. So I guess I'll just have to read the spoilers. Oh well.

Given Ys VIII's success there may very well be a Switch version in the future. They learned from Ys 8 not to overpromise; the PC version of Ys 8 was awful.

If I were to guess, Falcom might take point on that since porting their own library to Switch is a very lucrative move without much effort. I would not count on PC at all. That might be wishful thinking on my part.

35 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Why is Twitter so upset about NISA localizing it?

Are they going to remove Rean's vagina bones or take out the minigame where you pet his face?

Because NISA isn't the best at localizing. They literally needed to redo Ys 8's localization post launch because it was that bad.

Additionally, I don't think most people understand Hatsuu has been laid off from xseed and with that any chance if xseed to port Trails. Given that NISA indicated they recruited outside help and Hatsuu is freelancing I'm hoping NISA recruited Hatsuu.

I'll say this much. When Hatsuu left xseed I gave up hope on cold steel 3 coming stateside. Even if NISA has issues, I'd still take their port over nothing. But, people are gonna people so...

Edited by Arvis
2 minutes ago, Arvis said:

Given Ys VIII's success there may very well be a Switch version in the future. They learned from Ys 8 not to overpromise; the PC version of Ys 8 was awful.

If I were to guess, Falcom might take point on that since porting their own library to Switch is a very lucrative move without much effort. I would not count on PC at all. That might be wishful thinking on my part.

Because NISA isn't the best at localizing. They literally needed to redo Ys 8's localization post launch because it was that bad.

Additionally, I don't think most people understand Hatsuu has been laid off from xseed and with that any chance if xseed to port Trails. Given that NISA indicated they recruited outside help and Hatsuu is freelancing I'm hoping NISA recruited Hatsuu.

I'll say this much. When Hatsuu left xseed I gave hope on cold steel 3 coming. Even if NISA has issues, I'd still take their port over nothing. But, people are gonna people so...

Here's to hoping.

7 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

@Arvis

Just got to the part in ToV where Flynn joins the party for the first time.

When should I strip off his equipment so he doesn't take it with him when he leaves?

ASAP I guess.

Flynn wasn't a playable character in the original game because the plot usually demanded he be elsewhere; that doesn't change a whole lot here.

There are very few times he joins before staying permanently in the final arc iirc.  If he does join, expect him to not stick around for long.

11 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Why is Twitter so upset about NISA localizing it?

Because NISA is trash at localizing/translating games. Their translations are suspect at best (ranging from okay to what the fuck is this translation even, and the whole Ys VIII fiasco with them having to re-do the entire translation because of how subpar it was) and they introduce bugs into games that were not present in their native version, some of them game breaking.

There's also just the familiarity factor; while I never played any of the Trails games or CS games, I do know that XSEED did an excellent job on localizing them, giving them the care that, I'm assuming, Falcom fans expect and deserve for these games. There is no guarantee that NISA will be able to uphold the consistency that XSEED has established with the series.

Edited by Isotope
Just now, Kirbymeister2 said:

The class I wanted to take next term got cancelled hamcry;. SQL seemed pretty cool while reading a book on it and now I won't be taking the class.

you can learn things on the internet far faster than you can taking a course for it. just... keep reading the book and messing around with it yourself lol

2 hours ago, Pichi said:

you can learn things on the internet far faster than you can taking a course for it. just... keep reading the book and messing around with it yourself lol

I know it's just the class had a pre-req class but the same prof I had for one class that was going to teach this class said that it was cool as long as we did this add code thing which I never got so I waited patiently for the code but never got it and since school starts next week I guess that means the class closed because it seemed like no one took an interest which is bull because I think it was just on admins fault. Oh well.

I'm just more disappointed because I hyped myself to take this class when it's not going to happen and now I have to take another class. Oh well.

Anyways since school is starting again I gotta go back to the routine of shaving and stuff. I just can't believe this month is past the half-way point already.

9 minutes ago, Arvis said:

The Trials of Cold Steel thicken:

I'm not sure what role these people will play, but I'm glad NISA did the smart thing and recruited the Trails of translators XSEED let go.

This is an interesting, good, but ultimately expected development.

Did they seriously use one of the default google docs themes in their presentation...?