Top Wii U ports left you'd like to see?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/12/feature_the_final_wii_u_games_wed_like_to_see_on_switch_in_2019

I thought the article was interesting  about what WiiU ports would be best to bring to the Switch....

My thoughts tied to their listing as far as WiiU games I owned...

Super Mario 3D World.

*Yes, I did love the game.

*I think it would be time for the sequel and not a port though, based on the time difference.

* Or, maybe a 3DW 1 + 2 bundle if anything.

Wind Waker and TP

I didn't get the WW port but I did get the TP port.  My brother did get the WW port though.  I didn't think the changes made it worth it for me for WW.  I did think the visual upgrade and the amiibo really brought out a lot of cool stuff to life in TPHD.  I'd only want Zelda ports as part of a collection cart/package.  I think there is merit in doing a Zelda Collection across maybe two volumes, 1 the 2D era (aka NES, SNES, GBA) and 2 the 3D era (aka N64, GC, Wii).

Super Mario Maker

*NO PORT, its time for the actual sequel.

*Switch being portable should mean that we get some GB/GBA tile sets from those games.  Keep the NES, SNES, one or the other of the NSMB or NSMBU tile sets.

*Costume Magic Mushrooms should now be more than just the NES tile set.

ones id buy:

tokyo mirage sessions (though they would definitely have to re-work some things)

the wonderful 101 (cause its a lot of fun and more peeps need to play it)

super mario 3d world+3d land (i know this is a 3ds title) (make it a 2-in-1 package of two really good games)

aside from that, everything/anything worthwhile has already been ported over. mario maker would be better off suited with a full-fledged sequel.

Preferably I would like to see no more Wii U ports, but I wouldn't mind Xenoblade Chronicles X getting another shot as long as the difference between handheld and docked performance isn't as bad as Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I want to play Xenoblade games in handheld mode. Monolift Soft needs some help from Nintendo to get that performance better.

Now if they were willing to put some effort into their ports, in other words go outside of the Wii U and HD remaster a past game for the Switch, there are plenty of ports to the Switch that I would want.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

I wouldn't even mind if it was a straight up vanilla port but I do think some tweaking needs to be done on swapping party members as you gain new members outside of the core squad.  Being forced to track them down at specific areas all around NLA just to recruit them was always a bit of a hassle.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions

More people need to play this game, period.  I almost hate that the initial reception  nose dived off a cliff because it wasn't what people were expected in an SMT x FE crossover title.  And honestly, hey, I get that sentiment to some degree; but for those who turned up their nose and never looked back all you accomplished was missing out on a darn good RPG.

Mass Effect 3...plus ME1/ME2

This is a bit of a cheat since Wii U only got ME3, but getting the entire trilogy on Switch would be pretty nice!

For me, it would be as follows.

Wind Waker HD

Twilight Princess HD

Tokyo Mirage Session #FE

Super Mario 3D World

Would have loved Yoshi's Woolly World but that's now on 3DS same with Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Pikmin 3

I know Harada said something about Tekken 7 coming to Switch if fans requested it but in my opinion, I would like Tekken Tag Tournament 2 more.

To be more exact if the top four manage to come to Switch I won't even need to pull out my Wii U anymore.

I have yet to play Tokyo Mirage Session. I was close to selling Wii U last month because of Ultimate but I Kept my WiI U other than TMS but I'm tore if I should get it for Wii U, which it should be cheap but I hope it get announced for Switch.

I know this is SMT x FE by Altus so the connection with Joker coming to Ultimate does not necessarily mean that P5 is coming to Switch but if two of those is a thing, why not just put P5 on Switch.

But yeah TMS would be cool on Switch.

• Chrom featured this topic
6 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

All these people talking about selling their Wii Us, and here I am keeping mine as a dedicated Virtual Console machine. theydonothing;

Yep and I'm keeping mine for the games I have for it along with its internet search engine (a back up when my PC is in for a dusting and that kind of thing).

Yeah, take was another reason to keep my Wii U as well I just can't see all those VC games go down the drain.

But even if I went with it, I still have my Wii and 3DS. Especially 3DS. As much I want Nintendo to move on from the 3DS, I will keep that machine till I die. I still have my DSses but down the road I'll probably sell those, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's quite sad that The Wind Waker has only ever been released on unpopular platforms. So, it get my #1 vote.

Of course, being Zelda, I also want Twilight Princess again.

I too could get behind a Tokyo Mirage Sessions port. I own it but never finished it.

And I still want a lot of virtual console ports. Ogre Battle 64, please.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I'd like to see Devil's Third get another chance. If not the entire game then the online. It was pretty fun to play and had plenty of interesting modes that weren't populated. Could use a touch up, maybe some voice chat thrown in there. Still need to beat the single player though.

I’m kinda the minority who would like to see Star Fox Zero ported with fixed controls for the Switch and maybe more features to give it another chance. Was a fun game with the controls weren’t holding it back, though with the Starlink game the Switch kinda already has a Star Fox anyway, so whatever.

19 hours ago, The Krazy One said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but I'd like to see Devil's Third get another chance. If not the entire game then the online. It was pretty fun to play and had plenty of interesting modes that weren't populated. Could use a touch up, maybe some voice chat thrown in there. Still need to beat the single player though.

Ah, yes. I recall talking about this game back in day and even had some gamplay vids on your YT channel.

So you are right that you are in the minority to want a port on Switch. I'm gonna deny I'm on the bandwagon that this game is horrible and shouldn't of seen the light of day.:P

18 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

I’m kinda the minority who would like to see Star Fox Zero ported with fixed controls for the Switch and maybe more features to give it another chance. Was a fun game with the controls weren’t holding it back, though with the Starlink game the Switch kinda already has a Star Fox anyway, so whatever.

I have not finished this game yet and tho I do not like it, (part of the reason I stop playing) I'm conflicted if this deserve a port on Switch.

This is and the opposite for Tokyo Mirage Session, i have not not played the game on Wii U, I heard it had it few share of issue but didn't get in the way of gameplay like Star Fox Zero. Tho, I probably feel this way because I like RPG games and just want this on the Switch and I like Star Fox but it's not even my top 3 fave IP's from Nintendo so it can take a backseat, especially that game.

Not sure if this technically counts, but either way, but I’d like to see Fragile Dreams: Forever Ruins of the Moon get a HD remaster/port on the Switch 

Ive heard good things about it and liked what gameplay I saw on YouTube, but never got around to buying it

not really sure if buying it right now is worth it considering the prices

With some improvement and ironing out on the controls and graphics, (and whatever other improvements that could possibly be made) - could be quite nice to have on Switch