Mortal Kombat 11 coming to Switch

https://nintendoeverything.com/mortal-kombat-11-announced-coming-to-switch/

Not only was I overjoyed to finally seeing it revealed at the VGA after not being there at E3, but coming to the Switch on top of it? Might just have get it on that platform first! If not, then somewhere down the line.

Growing up, pretty much all my MK games were on Nintendo platforms, but when they stopped being there after Mortal Kombat Armageddon on the Wii, had to make due with other platforms for the games that came after. A port of MK9 and MKX on the Switch would be nice too, or hell, even the classic games, like what classic Street Fighter had going on the Switch from the beginning, but still, this is a start as far as MK having presence on Nintendo again.

I missed the end of the trailer where they said this coming to Switch. It's funny I hope it would but thought it was wishful thinking.

So this means this game was made not too long ago if they had Switch in mind, interesting. I wonder if this the break where we see titles now being developed in mind for the Switch come 2019 for 3rd. I made a guess 2019 might be the year. I hope this is the first of many games coming to Switch.

Thought I put the trailer here:

Wow...seeing that there is going to a Switch version is certainly a surprised. You're not alone in missing that detail. The TGA version cuts off before showing off Shao Khan.Looks like in the trailer someone pointed out, looks like MKX's "style" system might make a comeback given Scorpion's look. Speaking of Scorpion, given the events of MKX, he is now a human again and not a spirit as we all knew him, so it is odd for me to see him back in this form. I guess Raiden killed everyone.

...and something about Maximillion Dood and his crew getting their gag about MK11 on Switch confirmed...or is it Sub-Zero for Smash?

5 hours ago, avalonknight said:

Wow...seeing that there is going to a Switch version is certainly a surprised. You're not alone in missing that detail. The TGA version cuts off before showing off Shao Khan.Looks like in the trailer someone pointed out, looks like MKX's "style" system might make a comeback given Scorpion's look. Speaking of Scorpion, given the events of MKX, he is now a human again and not a spirit as we all knew him, so it is odd for me to see him back in this form. I guess Raiden killed everyone.

...and something about Maximillion Dood and his crew getting their gag about MK11 on Switch confirmed...or is it Sub-Zero for Smash?

I'd love both. It would be awesome to see Sub-Zero on Smash and MK11 on Switch.

There is something I forgot with this announcement, and a bit of a gag. I want Khameleon to return. Why? The interesting and bizarre thing about this character is that she only appeared on Nintendo platforms.

Also watched the video again near the end after someone mentioned this. The hourglass with the sand going in reverse (didn't noticed this given I was watching a low-res stream on the background at the time). Time travel element? I'm imagining this will loosely retell Deception and Armageddon in some way.

Edited by avalonknight
On 12/7/2018 at 4:07 PM, avalonknight said:

There is something I forgot with this announcement, and a bit of a gag. I want Khameleon to return. Why? The interesting and bizarre thing about this character is that she only appeared on Nintendo platforms.

Also watched the video again near the end after someone mentioned this. The hourglass with the sand going in reverse (didn't noticed this given I was watching a low-res stream on the background at the time). Time travel element? I'm imagining this will loosely retell Deception and Armageddon in some way.

I never knew this.  Was there ever a reason stated for it?

Anyway, I've seen higher quality versions of the trailer since the Game Awards and I still had no idea that the sand was going in reverse.  But the time travel element makes sense considering MK3 Ultimate Scorpion showed up. (I think that's who it is, has the same padded uniform design as Sub Zero from MK3)

48 minutes ago, Kezay said:

I never knew this.  Was there ever a reason stated for it?

Not particularly. It may have just been coincidence, but basically, Khameleon, who shares most of the special moves of the female ninjas at the time, appeared only in the N64 version of MK Trilogy, and exclusively on the Wii version of Armageddon after there was criticism to her not appearing in that game on the other platforms when it was supposed to have everyone. It's interesting nonetheless, and I guess I wouldn't mind her appearing again for that reason.

Also interesting to note, Goro and Shao Kahn were bonus playable characters in Deception but only the Gamecube version, and now, Kahn is a bonus character again here in MK11... Speaking of Deception, would love if Onaga got to be a main baddie again with this new timeline stuff.

Edited by Ridley Prime

*Watches Maximillion Dood's video on MK11 and their Switch reaction, was not let down*

Interesting thing to note about Shao Khan's MK11 design. In the original timeline with Deception, Reptile's body was used as a vessel for Onaga. But look at Shao Khan in MK11 with the new timeline, it's pointed out that he has some scaly designs. So maybe Onaga tried to take over his dead body, but has resurrected him instead, leading to some kind of fusion. I didn't noticed his arms, because his helmet looks jarringly different.

A couple ideas I just had regarding a Scorpion echo fighter. Either Smoke, since in his first game appearances, he borrowed Scorpion's specials, or Reptile, as a reference to MK1 Reptile who borrowed the other ninjas specials before he was fleshed out in MK2 and onward. Even the heavily censored SNES version of MK1 had said Reptile, who was rare but always satisfying to fight and beat.

Sub-Zero I thought of earlier too, but him being an echo of Scorpion wouldn't do him justice the more I thought about it.

The ninja palette swap colors alone would be enough if Scorpion was included in Smash and had those as his color alts, but still fun to think outside the box a little.