Horseshoe Overlook - N4A Chat Thread - December 2018

ace

Picked up some stuff today for Boxing Day (really I just needed an excuse to head outside). Got a couple of new bookshelves, a 20,000 mAh power bank, and a new USB-C cable. Between the new bookshelf and further tidied up cable management, I'm really happy with how my battlestation is set up now - I'm tempted to even call it "complete"!

IMG_20181226_145949.jpg

Thanks to someone on Reddit, I now have my 128 SD Card is now sorted out and now In use

Thankfully with all data transferred and intact

Now have way more space and can redownload things and space for more games and such later on

Yay.

Now, just need to buy a replacement battery pack - think that would help with the battery issue...

And the appropriate screwdriver for the back - not sure what the type is, though right now

23 minutes ago, Pichi said:

where was the vacation to? @Arvis

His parents went on a cruise around the Carribbean (each room has two guests, so they had to invite someone). It was a very 7.8/10 cruise, too much water. J/k, the cruise was extremely solid with no real complaints.

I then spent the last few days at his parents' place. They wanted me to spend Christmas with them (Iri's mother is a little too happy he's with someone), and well since they brought me on a cruise I feel that's only fair.

49 minutes ago, Arvis said:

(Iri's mother is a little too happy he's with someone)

lol my stepmother's threatening to be the same way with my recent relationship
thankfully my family lives 8 hours away y;

Edited by Pichi
41 minutes ago, Arvis said:

Important question time. My bf gave me Octomath Graveler for Christmas and he lent me Xenoblade 2 so which jrpg should I start with? hamcute;

I haven't played either so I can't really give in a decent word but I know Xenoblade 2 has a considerable amount of content to it on top of the existing main campaign thanks to all the DLC they added to it (including but not limited to the Torna story expansion), so I think Octopath is probably the shorter game to play through for what it's worth.

41 minutes ago, Arvis said:

Important question time. My bf gave me Octomath Graveler for Christmas and he lent me Xenoblade 2 so which jrpg should I start with? hamcute;

As someone who has played both titles to have an opinion on this... I think Xenoblade 2 is the better game overall, but I think takes more time overall to digest with its content and the Torna expansion DLC (which I still have not finished for some reason). Since he's lending it to you for who knows how long, you might want to tell him it could take two weeks to a month. 

Octopath Traveller, even with some faults and nitpicks of mine, can be finished in about a week, if one knows what they're doing. Just... just... don't do anything during the post-game. Take it from experience, it's not worth it. Unless you're doing a few side-quests, never attempt the ->  

The final boss is INSANELY CHEAP, and even though I have gotten stronger, they still have kicked me to the lowest point. And the reward for beating them is lame and anti-climatic. Every time I fight them, I get really mad. 

I appreciate the game for what it tried to do, but trying to 100% complete it is a NIGHTMARE.