Horseshoe Overlook - N4A Chat Thread - December 2018

ace

4 hours ago, Sir Grim Locksmith VIII said:

Shiet, well, I guess I better make those cash grabs fucking spicy. 

Edit: I actually have sort of this backup plan where if I end up having to direct one of those dumb and shallow Hallmark movies, I would crank up the shallowness factor up to 11 and make it just creepy enough for the producers to not notice what exactly it is that I'm doing until it's too late. 

When you make your passion what you intend on doing for a living, first and foremost it becomes your means of making a living.  There's nothing wrong with creating vapid pandering bullshit you don't like because you're still producing a product for somebody else to enjoy. All fine art did not get started as means of self-expression, people did it because they were poor as shit.  Get over this notion of "artistic integrity" and don't be so stuffy or look down on products other people can enjoy even if you think it's beneath you.  You'll be much happier with what you're doing once you get that superiority complex out of your system. y;

When you really think about it, the art industry hasn't changed much in thousands of years.

Mona Lisa paid Leonardo Davinci to paint her avatar.

The Sistine Chapel was commissioned fanart of the Bible.

Shakespeare wrote his own fanfiction about Julius Caesar and adapted it into a play.

1 hour ago, luca said:

When you make your passion what you intend on doing for a living, first and foremost it becomes your means of making a living.  There's nothing wrong with creating vapid pandering bullshit you don't like because you're still producing a product for somebody else to enjoy. All fine art did not get started as means of self-expression, people did it because they were poor as shit.  Get over this notion of "artistic integrity" and don't be so stuffy or look down on products other people can enjoy even if you think it's beneath you.  You'll be much happier with what you're doing once you get that superiority complex out of your system. y;

Alrighty then. 

On 12/12/2018 at 10:11 PM, Isotope said:

i blew my load(s) too early trying to get cleopatra and ishtar and ended up with nothing but despair; i dont think im gonna get him ;_;

Money has been a bit tight these past few months with school, bills and such, but I'm extremely tempted to, especially since she's five months away.

oh man i feel bad, I got both cleo and ishtar

The somewhat nice thing about Moon is that it seems to be  more challenging - it seems to be a lot more difficult than X/Y was, from what I can tell

Granted it’s been awhile since I’ve played a Pokémon game from the start - so may be a bit rusty slightly

most of X was just too easy at parts (especially the Elite 4 and Champion) so this is quite refreshing

Ended up getting my ass kicked by Totem Wishiwashi (granted I didn’t have my usual team, since I was training and getting my levels up...)

Since then I’ve been training and working on getting my levels between 20-25 - been getting my dex worked on too

Though I do have to say, being able to find prevolutions of Pokémon in the wild still mildly surprises me

I don’t recall that happening in previous games (granted it’s been quite a long while since I’ve played any of the other games, so I could be completely mistaken on that) - thought you had to breed to acquire them

Though, going by research, you can only find Happiny through SOS... which is tricky since I don’t know if there’s a specific Pokémon that calls to it

Also Bagon seems to be extremely difficult to track down... I don’t know if it’s extremely rare, but...

May consider just trading for them...?