Smash Ultimate 12/8/18 Saturday Night online play?

So, I got my schedule set now so I feel good about posting this.

Who would be interested in breaking in the game online over release weekend?

If you are interested, post your timezone and what times you think you could play.

This thread and the Smash discord chat here can work as the matchmaking nexus.

I am doing my BBY's midnight release so my availability will be as follows:

Thursday Night/Friday Morning: > 1am EST till at best 2-4am.

*I close Friday and go in at 12pm.  I am off Thursday night and I am less than 5m away from my BBY I got my game at so I should be able to get back home and set up pretty fast I think.

Friday Night: > 10pm EST till whenever...

Saturday evening : >8pm EST till whenever...  (probably cap out around 1am.

Sunday evening: > 8pm EST till whenever....

Edited by purple_beard

I have the week off for the release of Smash Ultimate from work. But whether or not my PO arrive day of on Friday, Saturday is great for me to do online Smash Ultimate matches in.

Regardless if I get any practice in (I say that because I want to do some first moments of this game when I get my hands on it) so Saturday night is perfect. I'm on the east coast in Canada, for those who don't know.

Tho, PB mentioned here and the Smash Discord. Don't forget, however we set up the matches online, don't forget we can create lobbies called battle arenas to have like number of ppl spectating and waiting to be in match. No more of those day when only the 4 playing is allowed in the room. Also, with battle arena and those who have the Nintendo Switch Online App, don't forget we can VC. I'm not sure if that's for the lobby as a whole who ever the 4 in match is doing battle.

Looking forward for this set up if there's any takers. Depending how this goes I'll have to make some edits to my OP  to Smash nights, discord instructions will be the same but room setups will have to update to accommodate what Ultimate offers online multiplayer.

43 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

I have the game pre-ordered and will be heading to the midnight launch at my local GS after our Mario Kart night, since it's just down the road. If i'm not busy that weekend, I'll probably show up for some SSBU.

Damn, forgot about MK... hmmmm  well, I mean, my PO is in good order....but not sure how early I'd want to be in line.

Will just be buying the Smash Ultimate + Fighters Pass bundle off the Eshop - looking at spending about $95, though...

Granted even though I doubt I’ll be able to download it right now, at least I’d be able to purchase it at least... (will need a 256 GB Micro SD card first..)

Though if I ever decide to play online, going to need a prepaid card for the 12 month membership...

I'm game. I though it was 8pm but I forgot the time. 9PM works better.

I had to take little nap today because after staying up all last night training amiibo, then tackling World of light, I just didn't have the energy when I ran into wall. (I'm playing on hard difficultly)

I unlocked 27 characters as of this post, I unlocked mixture of character throughout the series, most seem to be from Brawl, Ultimate, Melee then Sm4sh. I got the new guys like Isabelle, Simon and King K. Rool and such. And have Pit.... drawing a blank but like I said I have 27. And only played handful of the 27 characters, of course any new character I played right away but not for long. Went back to my main stays.

So I guess you make the battle arena, then PB? I seen that up to ppl 8 can join a room.

43 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I'm game. I though it was 8pm but I forgot the time. 9PM works better.

I had to take little nap today because after staying up all last night training amiibo, then tackling World of light, I just didn't have the energy when I ran into wall. (I'm playing on hard difficultly)

I unlocked 27 characters as of this post, I unlocked mixture of character throughout the series, most seem to be from Brawl, Ultimate, Melee then Sm4sh. I got the new guys like Isabelle, Simon and King K. Rool and such. And have Pit.... drawing a blank but like I said I have 27. And only played handful of the 27 characters, of course any new character I played right away but not for long. Went back to my main stays.

So I guess you make the battle arena, then PB? I seen that up to ppl 8 can join a room.

What ev....  I'm about to get my grub on and should be back by 9pm....  I've around as many as you.... I think.... just got Wario.  Only lacking Pit from rehash.

I feel like this whole 'Battle Arena' setup for playing with friends online isn't executed that well (hopefully they'll make improvements to it). Still, I had fun and didn't expect so many people to show up, given we didn't have a set time. However, I did put the word out on Twitter, so...I shouldn't be to surprised. :P  GGs, guys!!

Managed to go out with a win! coolkong;  

Hmm.. I guess it doesn't show what you named your Mii Fighter when playing online (even with friends)...?