So going through those archives, somewhat gave me chills. Just the typography, the font colors, the signatures, all brought me back. 

It's a shame they got rid of it/never found a replacement other than the tech forums, but I guess the forums didn't benefit NOA financially. Now they can get away with it because forums seem to be a dying breed of sorts. I don't think Nintendo's forums wouldn't have slowed down though had they continued.

5 minutes ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

So going through those archives, somewhat gave me chills. Just the typography, the font colors, the signatures, all brought me back. 

It's a shame they got rid of it/never found a replacement other than the tech forums, but I guess the forums didn't benefit NOA financially. Now they can get away with it because forums seem to be a dying breed of sorts. I don't think Nintendo's forums wouldn't have slowed down though had they continued.

Definitely. It wasn't perfect, but at least people were able to talk with one another. Facebook doesn't replace it (or any other kind of social media) by any means. It's far more shallow. 

Yep. It's more about selling their goods than it is to keep people around. Same goes with Sony's boards. They're still around, but they're a mere shell of what they used to be.

I was going to ask what Sony's forum situation was. I remember they used to be pretty big as well, they were even run by Lithium as well. I guess they can get away with that more so because they have good online. 

I am very appreciative of this community. Even though it isn't the most active, it is still good enough for me. There are enough people to talk about a variety of topics. 

I just hope someday Nintendo gets their online community program straight. Forums or not, all I want is some form of community by Nintendo.

35 minutes ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

I was going to ask what Sony's forum situation was. I remember they used to be pretty big as well, they were even run by Lithium as well. I guess they can get away with that more so because they have good online. 

I am very appreciative of this community. Even though it isn't the most active, it is still good enough for me. There are enough people to talk about a variety of topics. 

I just hope someday Nintendo gets their online community program straight. Forums or not, all I want is some form of community by Nintendo.

It gets hit by spam a lot sometimes. And runs into slow loading. They're still run by Lithium. :P  And trying to report said spam can be a pain in the ass. Thankfully they're working on making things better though... but it's something at times. 

Word. I really enjoy the conversations, posts and gaming talk here.

Definitely. 

The problem with Nsider 1 was spam as well. The NOA and MODs did the best they could, but you could tell by the end of the 2007 they weren't as strict. Miiverse had its fair share of spam as well.

14 minutes ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

The problem with Nsider 1 was spam as well. The NOA and MODs did the best they could, but you could tell by the end of the 2007 they weren't as strict. Miiverse had its fair share of spam as well.

Yea, only the stuff that Playstation has (at least for the most part)... is a bit diffferent. It's bot spam. More of a pain, than the human kind. Humans you can give warnings to and what not. Bots you can ban and delete their spam, but they keep on coming back. Sure people do the same... but bots do their best to truly overwhelm boards.

Edited by Doc Brown