Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee Discussion Thread

You wouldn't be wrong on that. Joy Cons suck with it. The Wii mote was and is far better made and was better at sensing motion. As for the game, same here. I really like the game for what it does bring. A sense of joy. It's far from perfect, but still worth it.

------------------------------

Just found this bad boy tonight!

KaYuyhf.png

Completely random too. Named him Sam after my old bird.  :) 

Also did some battling, found some Tangela, some Grimer, a Muk and some Magmar. Hoping to do some more battling and stuff tonight.

Edited by Doc Brown

I think control issues are very hit or miss as far as complaint for these games goes. Personally I had no trouble whatsoever with the ball throwing mechanic, joycon or pokeball, but yeah obviously some people are. Don’t know what to say but I feel for you guys on that. :( 

Right now I am mostly milking this game for Meltan so I can get another Melmetal. :) 

On 1/16/2019 at 1:49 PM, DranSeasona said:

I think control issues are very hit or miss as far as complaint for these games goes. Personally I had no trouble whatsoever with the ball throwing mechanic, joycon or pokeball, but yeah obviously some people are. Don’t know what to say but I feel for you guys on that. :( 

Right now I am mostly milking this game for Meltan so I can get another Melmetal. :) 

I haven't either in terms of that. But I've been doing my best to try to only use the stick on it as little as I can. Just walking mainly, swimming using Pikachu's move and same goes with flying.

Cool. I'll be doing the same, since at least I can get Meltan incense. :P  

Gonna have to trade for Meltan and Melmetal in game though since I'm unable to trade anything from Go to Let's Go.

----------------------------

Just caught me Articuno! Was gonna go for a shiny one, but decided not to, given that in this game they can run. And boy did it give me a hard time. Kept on breaking out of Pokeballs. Glad it finally went in one. Thought I'd run out before then lol.

Edited by Doc Brown

Lost to the Sandshrew Master Trainer and then got the win in an immediate rematch. I've been leveling up several of my better IV Pokemon from prior shiny hunts while hunting Magmar, and so far I've gone through two phases: shiny Chansey and Grimer. I'm hoping third times the charm that way I can move on to getting Dratini. So far, I've taken down 8 Master Trainers and I'm enjoying throwing in those battles along with gym leader rematches to mix up my experience a bit. They're great for funding my shiny hunting though I'm at the point with Magmar where I can great or excellent throw a Great Ball for a catch without any worry. I'm at a 100+ catch combo in my current phase for Magmar, so I'm thinking I'll see a shiny again soon. I might start leveling up one of my 5 perfect IV Magmars soon to take on the Master Trainer in the mansion.

Finally got a subscription to Nintendo Switch online. Anyone up for some trading this weekend?

Tried some random trading... and it sucks. Big time. Lucked out with a couple of trades. One for an Alakazam and one for a Poliwrath. Outside of that though, getting plenty of drops. Annoying as I'm just trying for commons. Just ones I can't get in Pikachu version.

Betting these people want perfect Pokemon and thing is, not everyone has time to do that. So tired of some of the entitlement.

Edited by Doc Brown

Shiny progress going into February:

1387186655_ShinyUpdate1.thumb.jpg.b4d88603d2c8d27a6b2da09b9a8a3b5e.jpg

781539841_ShinyUpdate2.thumb.jpg.096bea9ea77e0ef8bd9cc15e849abf90.jpg

I don't know if I'll actually do a full shiny living dex, but so far so good. My longest hunts so far were for Drowzee (catch combo: 465), Venomoth (catch combo: 428) and Magmar (got on 3rd phase, 1st: Chansey and 2nd: Grimer). My next shiny hunt will be Psyduck since I failed to get the shiny in Go last weekend. I already have 62 of the 63 Psyducks that I caught last weekend transferred over to Go Park so I can get a max shiny odds chain going quickly.

Edited by IU

Got the sixth badge tonight against Sabrina. It was a challenging battle! :) Working on some training tonight before challenging Blaine for the seventh badge. 

Ended up changing my mind on that one lol. Took down Blaine and got the seventh badge. Now onto some training.

Edited by Doc Brown

Did a little bit of shiny hunting last night and ran into a Shiny Pikachu (it only took 23 to reach it -- shortest shiny hunt yet). :) 

---------------------

Just battled and took down Giovanni for the 8th badge last night and did a little battling on Victory road.

---------------------

Nothing like trolling during a Ditto battle. Brought in a Magikarp :P.

------------------------------

Just ran into and caught a random shiny Machoke in Let's Go. He surprised the heck out of me!  Now working on training up for the Elite 4.

---------------------------------

Just found and caught Moltres. :) Now onto more training. 

-----------------------------------

Trying my luck against the Elite 4. And holy Arceus... Lorelai's Jynx is a pain in the butt! It keeps on spamming Lovely Kiss. Made the battle a slog.

Made it through Bruno and Agatha, both pretty challenging. Now onto Lance.

Took him down and then took down my rival and won. :) Now I am the Pokemon Champion.

Edited by Doc Brown

Ended up playing the demo recently- though it’s only Viridian Forest, but Let’s Go Eevee/Pikachu isn’t too bad from what I played of it

Although I didn’t mess with the motion control too much just yet, but it’s pretty easy once you get the hang of the button layout, and being able to use one Joy-con for controls is quite nice 

hopefully that control option is available in the next mainline game, it’s quite fitting

Personally, I still would’ve preferred a RBY remake without the Go aspect, but doesn’t seem too bad, really... (granted I played in Handheld mode with the Joy-con attached, so that probably helped

Though I mentioned it before, but I definitely love how Pokémon are in the overworld even more

It makes the environments feel way more alive than in previous games (and I really don’t mind Wild Battles being scrapped - hopefully that feature is brought over in the mainline game)

Really like the updated graphics and music though - quite an upgrade than the original graphics

Will definitely be downloading Eevee at some point - and buying the Pokéball accessory too, on that note...

1 hour ago, Shadow118 said:

Ended up playing the demo recently- though it’s only Viridian Forest, but Let’s Go Eevee/Pikachu isn’t too bad from what I played of it

Although I didn’t mess with the motion control too much just yet, but it’s pretty easy once you get the hang of the button layout, and being able to use one Joy-con for controls is quite nice 

hopefully that control option is available in the next mainline game, it’s quite fitting

Personally, I still would’ve preferred a RBY remake without the Go aspect, but doesn’t seem too bad, really... (granted I played in Handheld mode with the Joy-con attached, so that probably helped

Though I mentioned it before, but I definitely love how Pokémon are in the overworld even more

It makes the environments feel way more alive than in previous games (and I really don’t mind Wild Battles being scrapped - hopefully that feature is brought over in the mainline game)

Really like the updated graphics and music though - quite an upgrade than the original graphics

Will definitely be downloading Eevee at some point - and buying the Pokéball accessory too, on that note...

I hope it's optional in the next game as I'd prefer to use a pro controller with it rather than the joycons.

Definitely love the overworld Pokemon too, hoping that they keep that aspect in the next game.

Was trying for a shiny Kabuto, but I screwed up and saved the game after getting a regular one. /facepalm  Ended up trying again for Mewtwo last night. Decided to just go for a regular one. It was a tough battle, ended up going with Articuno in the end and let Mewtwo hit it with Psychic and then used Mirror Coat to knock out Mewtwo. 

Ended up catching it with only 2-3 Ultra Balls. It really surprised me. Thought it would take me a lot longer. 

Then I got to work trying to chain Chansey... that didn't work as it ran. But then I tried with Geodude and lucked out at a little over 50 encounters. A shiny one showed up and I caught it and named it Nugget. :) Also went item hunting. Had a really fun time doing it.

Also faced off against Green and it was a real challenge. We both brought our best.

• 4 weeks later...

After hunting for shiny Scyther, my 33rd shiny, I've gotten fatigued with Let's Go. It could have been Route 15 that made the hunt seem more like a chore and it didn't help that Pidgey appeared shiny about midway through what ended up being a 500+ catch combo experience. To me, shiny hunting in this game is much more enjoyable in more open areas and/or where it's easier to route reset without having to worry about potential off screen spawns. I'll likely come back to Let's Go after a little break and go into a hunt on Route 17, which has been the best route in the game with its selection of Pokemon and its open design. Rapidash was the first Pokemon that came to mind after catching my shiny Scyther, and it'll be nice to not feel obligated to start up a hunt from my Go transfers in Go Park for that one.