Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Caught a Shiny Sandshrew last night after a chain of around 274-ish. I'm thinking about making my first team to beat the Elite Four completely shiny, so I've got four more to get. I'm thinking of getting a Shiny Shellder, Nidoran(m), Tangela and Voltorb and go in with Arcanine, Sandslash, Cloyster, Nidoking, Tangela and Electrode.

Just got Pikachu version recently, got Brock's badge last night, took on Jessie and James today and took on my Rival by the bridge in Cerulean City (was a bit under leveled by mistake though, since I switched out a couple of my higher level Pokemon). Thankfully beat him. Caught some new Pokemon, Geodude, Clefairy, Clefable, Paras and Zubat. Went with Kabuto, fossil wise.

Was able to connect my LG Rebel to Let's Go this morning. I'm way away from Fuchsia City in the game, but it didn't hurt to test things out. I just went into the menu on the game and then logged into Pokemon Go on my phone, after turning on Bluetooth. Then I went into settings and found the Switch option. Pressed it and it instantly connected. Another load off my shoulders :).

Edited by Doc Brown

Now having put over 50 hours into Let's Go Pikachu, I would put it over Smash Ultimate and crown it my GOTY from 2018. It's a more consistent, enjoyable gaming experience and getting the shiny Pokemon that I have has been a higher moment than my best moments with Ultimate (which for me was getting some of the Ace, Legend and Enhanced Spirits). Right now I'm on my sixth shiny for my team to take to the Pokemon League: Tangela, and it's a tough one. I'm trying to work in enough Tangela catches to try and hopefully make the catch circle green for Ultra Balls before I start activating Max Lures to bring the shiny out quicker. My combo I think is in the mid-50s, and I don't want this shiny to be the one I choke. Once I get through the Pokemon League and have that as a source of money, harder catches will be much easier since I won't have to worry as much about how many Ultra Balls I'm using on a single catch. Already for Tangela I've been selling bulk amounts of the various candy, 300-400, to keep up my Ultra Ball stock in the 30-50 range just in case the shiny appears before I have a higher combo and hopefully an easier catch.

Just fought and defeated Misty. Now onto doing some more training and battling. Found some new Pokemon -- Growlithe, Abra (which is now a Kadabra), Diglett, Dugtrio, Pidgeotto, Raticate and Drowzee. Love this game so much.  :P 

-----------------------------------

Finally was able to catch a Chansey,  went onto the S.S. Anne, beat my rival, got Chop Down, trained a bit more and finally beat Lt. Surge. Then got Light Up and went through Dark Cave. Caught a Kangaskhan, a Graveler, a Golbat, a Cubone, a Rhyhorn and an Onix. Working on training up my team some more. This game is one of my favorites of the series so far. Hoping that they stick with the same graphics in the Gen 8 games. They've really grown on me :).

--------------------------------------

Defeated Erika last night, caught an Arcanine along with some other Pokemon. Planning on doing some training today. That gym was a bit of a challenge. Glad it was. Miss the Game Corner :(. Game Freak de-fanged it, and took away the coins, the games and the rewards. Thanks EU! theydonothing;

Edited by Doc Brown

I put many hours into the game, beat the League, completed the Pokédex, became Mew and Mewtwo Master and beat Red. Now I think I am done. Don’t feel motivated to become Grand Master.

Still willing to coordinate trades, though.

Overall loved the music and graphics. A nice toe dip into the Switch for Pokémon, in my opinion.

698941206_ShinyHallofFame.thumb.jpg.2e7aa24af5fb798b98b0fa7f33fbd556.jpg

I ended up beating the Pokemon League last weekend after finalizing my shiny team. Due to how the leveling is in this game with catch comboing, it was more of a task to get this team than to go through the Elite Four and Champion. For me, this game's legs are in its shiny hunts and I may ultimately try for a shiny living dex. In the short term though, I want to keep customizing teams to take on the Elite Four. A green shiny team has been coming to mind after I got a shiny Machoke. I may just keep that one Machoke and bring in Dragonite, Golbat, Beedrill, Venusaur and Mr. Mime. Valentine's Day is coming up too, so I might do a themed team for that since I have nothing better to do. I'm thinking Shiny Jinx, Gyrados, Hypno, Dragonair, Magmar and Wigglytuff. There is a lot of mileage I can get here with shiny hunting being more approachable.

628576260_FirstMelmetal.thumb.jpg.13496dd9381243f5139376a64ede3410.jpg

I also have another Melmetal to work towards as I plan to keep my first one in Go. I like that both Go and Let's Go feed off of each other. Transferring helps gather Pokemon to get to a higher combo quicker for Let's Go shiny hunting/high IVs (looking forward to the Jinx hunt) and then farming Meltans for Melmetals breaths some life into Go turning what's usually a brief glimpse at what immediately spawns near me to a 30 minute play session.

I'm convinced the Joy-Cons are worse at handling motion gameplay than the Wiimote. Thankfully I haven't had a ball go in a completely opposite direction from how I motion a throw when trying to catch a shiny, but it's annoying to deal with in building up catch combos. The motion control is the only problem I have with the game. Beyond that Let's Go is steadily becoming my favorite Pokemon game, and I may go out this week to pick up Let's Go Eevee so I can hunt Articuno (caught already in my game), Ekans, Koffing and Vulpix. Later this year I am thinking of getting another Switch too to dual hunt and have the ability to trade around the exclusives. My little brother dropped Let's Go Eevee as soon as Smash came out, so if I continue to go towards having a Shiny Living Dex that will likely be my investment.

My current shiny progress since getting my Machoke is a shiny Pidgey (now Pidgeot), Drowzee (now Hypno), Jinx and Magikarp. Shiny Drowzee was my longest hunt and the first one that I phased on with the Pidgey, and the Magikarp hunt was the first that I lost my initial 31+ combo on. I was rolling the dice on Magikarp since it only has an attack animation and no second flee animation. Overall, it was the fastest hunt I had after Machoke, my 100th Magikarp caught was my shiny today. At level 50, I'll let it evolve into Red Gyrados, which should be soon as I'm now in a hunt for a shiny Jigglypuff on Route 7 where I got my first shiny: Growlithe. The hunt should be smooth since I have the building near by to reset after I clear out the size bonus Jigglypuffs for exp/candy. Afterwards, I'll head back to the southwestern part of Kanto to go for Magmar in the Pokemon Mansion and then hunt near the Power Plant area for shiny Dratini while riding Red Gyrados.