YouTube now available on Nintendo Switch!

YouTube is now available from the Nintendo Switch eShop...

Link: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/youtube-switch

MORE PICS:

Spoiler
qCRCIoH.png
AlA4lIW.jpg
EPpI0VN.png
8NoZzqs.pngFabmuos.png
H1WzN8X.png

Looks like that listing the popped up in "Recommended Software' for some people on NOA's site was correct . Hopefully this meas we won't have to wait too long of all the other big media apps.

EDIT:

I tested the app for a bit and it's pretty much the same one as on other consoles, smart TVs, etc. This app is a lot better then the one on other Nintendo consoles...

Pros:

• Easy to navigate
  • Very snappy
  • Videos load quickly
  • Touchscreen support
  • Same quality as on the web version (from what I can tell)

Cons:

• Wish there was a way to quickly get to a channel's recent uploads, all videos, all playlists, etc. when viewing their channel (maybe I missed something?)
  • Can't view/write comments (May be a plus for some people y;)

Edited by alienboyva

So, now that we have YouTube, I wonder how long will it be until we get Metflix,Crunchyroll, and Amazon Video...?

I think those are the only other major streaming apps we don’t have on Switch just yet

Just a thought, anyway...

Also seems fine so far - not the best device to use for watching considering the circumstances, though.... but works fine otherwise

2 hours ago, DranSeasona said:

Not interested, personally. So many ways to watch YouTube, already, on the go and at home...

How many people are there I wonder who had no other way to see YouTube on their TV or on the go before this?

My friends and I loved using the Wii U to play YouTube videos on the TV. I have no freaking clue how to do that stuff from my phone, if that's even possible.

41 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

My friends and I loved using the Wii U to play YouTube videos on the TV. I have no freaking clue how to do that stuff from my phone, if that's even possible.

Some phones support screen mirroring with a smart TV of the same brand.  You can also use a Chromecast or, if you have an iPhone, an Apple TV.  Those would plug into the HDMI port on your TV and connect with your phone.

13 minutes ago, Reilly said:

Some phones support screen mirroring with a smart TV of the same brand.  You can also use a Chromecast or, if you have an iPhone, an Apple TV.  Those would plug into the HDMI port on your TV and connect with your phone.

So that's how they do it. Well, I'm not shelling out for one of those connecty thingies and I guess my TV isn't new enough to have it built in. I can't follow one bit of any of this smart TV stuff. I'm a technical guy, but any wireless device-to-device connections have never been worth the effort for me.

Though like, sometimes my phone would randomly try to push YouTube videos onto my brother's nearby Xbox One. I've tried sending him some weird shit, but he never commented on it so I guess it never worked.

1 hour ago, Tyranogre said:

Pretty much any time YouTube is available as its own app on a specific device, I've always preferred to just view the site itself through the device's web browser.

Same here. Though, this YT app is actually pretty decent compared to ones on previous Nintendo systems. Plus, we still don't have a web browser on Switch, so I'll take it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

So come to find out, you can't scroll using the touchscreen. Everything else works using the touchscreen, but not scrolling. I feel like this must be an oversight, because IDK why they would opt to no allow touchscreen scrolling. 

Also, I've been hearing that some people are getting playback errors every time they try to watch a video. Luckily, I haven't had any issues. 

Edited by alienboyva
2 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Same here. Though, this YT app is actually pretty decent compared to ones on previous Nintendo systems. Plus, we still don't have a web browser on Switch, so I'll take it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

So come to find out, you can't scroll using the touchscreen. Everything else works using the touchscreen, but not scrolling. I feel like this must be an oversight, because IDK why they would opt to no allow touchscreen scrolling. 

Also, I've been hearing that some people are getting playback errors every time they try to watch a video. Luckily, I haven't had any issues. 

I run into those sometimes on regular YT on my computer and sometimes via my 3ds... I don't use the app on it, but sometimes I search for videos via the browser and it's not able to handle it. Wonder if it's due to the cache on the browser being smaller...