Fallout 76 discussion

Image result for Fallout 76\

Hey, there anyone tried out the Beta for the game? I have managed to play for a few days when the Beta was live and at first, I was hating it but ended up liking it. So far out of the days, I have played I have only had two freezes happen which was on XBO by the way. I think I'll still get the full game anyways. I did explore quite a bit of the game from south to a little south-west and then south-east which I had to bail quickly as I saw enemies were tougher there and then met the biggest creature in the game called the Scorchbeast not once but twice in the south-east of the map. There is some good lore in the game but a damn shame it has to be found via scraps of paper and holo tapes to better understand the world and what has happened while you were in the vault. So far my best advice is to loot anything you can find and then drop it on your own stash box as you will need it to maintain weapons and armor. It is a bit of a pain that I have to keep my character fed and drink untainted water as it reminds me a bit of the survival mode from FO New Vegas and 4 and it happens a bit often too so you may need to get the perks for food and water sooner so it doesn't get in the way too much of your exploration.

Edited by Juanblue85

I mostly enjoyed the beta, but it's a shame some of the other places I visit on the internet people just to hate this game. I'm glad that trying the beta cleared most of my doubts with Fallout 76. 

It feels odd that Fallout 76 and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate are pretty much the only remaining games I'm looking forward to this year. And no, I didn't play RDR2 yet and probably won't for a while.

1 hour ago, The Albraskan said:

I mostly enjoyed the beta, but it's a shame some of the other places I visit on the internet people just to hate this game. I'm glad that trying the beta cleared most of my doubts with Fallout 76. 

It feels odd that Fallout 76 and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate are pretty much the only remaining games I'm looking forward to this year. And no, I didn't play RDR2 yet and probably won't for a while.

Yeah, its a shame the negativity its producing. I at first hated the idea of an online Fallout game if anything they could have done a co-op Fallout instead of going full multiplayer. The only reason I'm even getting it is that I really like the location and the lore it has going for it which I wish it had NPCs in it. Anyways let us see how it pans out for the game after it releases and if people still play it. 

I too think it would have been better to have a co-op Fallout as well. But from what Bethesdas E3 this year showed, it's probably going to be a while before we get word of another single player Fallout game. 

I do like how Bethesda is using monsters from West Virginia sightings and folk lore for creatures that you'll find out in the wasteland. I'm surprised they didn't put in a few human NPCs and just have them set to player essential like compainions in Fallout 4 were. I did run into a traveling Super Mutant merchant in the beta though.

Got to play for a few hours last night, did all the quests in the first "settlement" with my sister-in-law, then another friend joined and we did a couple more story quests. I'm still getting used to the real-time play of inventory management and VATS, but I actually really enjoy the game so far.

I managed to level up my initial character to 15 but started a new one as female as it seems some of the quest achievements from the Beta did not unlock but other achievements did like kill x amount of enemies or repair x amount and such. I also got my hands on the guide for the game and pretty much the east and southeast of the game is high level as heck so I recommend you try to level up in the easier areas and also complete daily, weekly, monthly challenges as it gives good loot and EXP.

I also ended up getting the game for PS4 since two of my co-workers wanted to team up and we traveled all over The Forest area and a large amount of the Ash Heap area. strange too as when I was playing solo on XBO I met a lot of Scorched enemies but while playing with my co-workers and then solo later on PS4 I met a lot of Super Mutants in some of the familiar areas. I just hit Toxic Valley further north now then hoping to see The Mire. As far as I know, everything east to southeast of the game is high level as heck.

I played ALL weekend. All. Weekend.

I'm only at like level 25 and have done like no story quests but have most of the central area around the vault and eastward explored. This map is savagely huge. I'm having an absolute blast with it and don't get the negativity. I met the Mothman, he was super chill, then watched a nuke go off and sniped some high-level baddies from outskirts of the Rad-radius. I've done a boatload of Events and Sidequests and have both helped and been helped by complete strangers. Love it.

I actually have yet to meet the Mothman, Wendigo,  Megasloth, Angler (did in Far Harbor), Fog Crawler (Also did see at Far Harbor), Honey Beast, Cave Cricket, Hermit Crab (again also did see at Far Harbor), Flatwoods Monster, and Deathclaw then again I can easily see it by going to Deathclaw Island but mostly mean in other parts of the world I have been mostly at The Forest, Ash Heap, and Toxic Valley. I just hit yesterday for a little bit Savage Divide. Still, need to try and see The Mire and Cranberry Bog. This is the PS4 version by the way. Now I'm currently doing the update which is quite hefty.

Yeah I can't even deny that Fallout 76 is really unpolished for a $60+ game. Even though I can somehow enjoy playing it alone or with friends, there's quite some BS I've ran into. 

Yesterday I found a double ammo capacity 10mm pistol that also had explosive shots, but I guess it's bugged since the game's server figured I'm doing too much damage to enemies too quick. So instead of the enemies dying fast, I guess the game gives the enemies their lost health back and seemingly gives them near immortality when I would shoot them with that legendary 10mm pistol. To make it worse, any other gun I would Switch out to shoot them with wasn't putting out the normal damage after I had used that pistol. So I eventually left different servers and re launched the game and just stopped using that pistol and enemies seemed to be taking the normal amount of damage without getting lost health back with the damage resistance.

Well played a good amount and did explore The Mire. Had a bunch of close calls with Wendigo but managed to avoid it as I wasn't ready for it but did die quite a handful of times in there due to being ambushed by effing Scorchbeast multiple times and not it but also a gang of Super Mutants too. I got killed near Abbey's Bunker, near some nuclear plant, Harpers Ferry and again close to Camp Ventura. It was a mess and I was also encumbered too so running away wasn't easy. I could have placed a CAMP in there but decided against that idea. I'm Level 22 now rocking a Raider Power Armor that only has a few pieces. I started fully exploring Toxic Valley and fought and killed two Grafton Monsters from a distance and almost had an up close and personal with a very high-level Snallygaster which in the end I ended up killing as well. Now I'm Wally's waterpark

Just a heads up that I kinda knew already and is also pretty obvious, don't leave Power Armor out around other players. If you leave PA out before it gets recalled into your inventory and someone hops in it, it's pretty much theirs unless they hop out of it and you take it back. 

Another tip, you can lock doors you build in your camp. I know on Xbox while you're in build mode  I think, look/highlight the door and press LT (probably L2 on PS4) and you can set the tier of the lock depending on the amount of steel and other resources like screws, springs, or gears but I can't remember what. You'll probably need to have the right amount of picklick perks to craft the same tier of locks as well. 

From what my friend found out, if you pick a locked door on someone's camp, you'll become wanted.

Are you sure about that PA thing? Because I saw some PA when I was raiding a building and another player was around and I got a "Someone else is already using this" notification. I think you HAVE to disown PA for it to be taken. 

It's not just camps, it's also Workshops. I picked a Lock at a Workshop that someone owned and got a 10 cap bounty on me.

Finally hit Cranberry Bog yesterday but mainly stayed in the out areas it seems someone had been on a killing spree as I saw a lot of dead Scorched and two Scorchbeasts by a small Brotherhood camp with a pair of SAMs. I repaired those but they get taken out too quickly. I was trying to see if I could add the nearby Fissure Site to the Map but saw green flames rising out which meant another Sorchbeast was coming out so I had to bail quickly and it was Lv. 80 to boot so I was NOPE.