Smash Bros Direct - Nov. 1 - Discussion

5 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Worth noting that we still haven't seen Robin's final smash since the announcement of Chrom.

Same with Peach's too, which also is shared by Daisy.

Edit: Sorry for the triple post. Delete the other two posts.

Edited by Fuzzer1
6 minutes ago, Shadow118 said:

Partially watching the treehouse, and Incineroar looks pretty cool as a character

Also going to need to pick up $90 in Eshop cards to prepurchase SSBU + Fighters Pass bundle on the Eshop sooner than later... probably the best way to purchase it, imo

Nice couple of bonuses with it, too

Bleh.

This game's DLC is more expensive than the two-game bundles from Smash 4, right? I might not go for the DLC unless there's a character I'm dying for.

22 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

Incineroar is another fighting-type Pokemon, except it's on steroids, shoots fire out of its dick, and makes the Dreamworks face.

Except Incineroar is Fire/Dark, but yeah I get what you meant. 

Overall the internet manages to set the bar higher than what we get in end. How the Grinch leak stole the Smash hype, something like that.

Full thoughts on the Direct:

• Ken seems like an obvious echo fighter, and while I have no problem with him it would've been nice to get Chun-li for more variety.
  • Incineroar I have no strong feelings on one way or another, though I agree that he kind of feels like an obvious choice and it would've been fun to see a more unique Pokémon rep.
  • Piranha Plant is ridiculous and I like the look of its move set.
  • Spirit battles: I wasn't really on board at first but the more they showed the more I realized it's really just a replacement for challenges in past games but with possibly more variety thanks to all of the spirit effects and game references, plus it seems more interesting than collecting stickers in Brawl. If it ends up being fun I could see myself playing that a lot when I just want to play solo.
  • Putting lyrics to the main theme was kind of goofy.
  • I guess DLC shouldn't have been a surprise, though with the "Everyone is Here" tagline I wondered if they might not add anyone post-release. I guess I'll wait and see what the new characters are before deciding on buying them. I wonder if being a spirit precludes a fighter from being DLC? If so we might have some good ideas for DLC fighters once the game is released and people have seen every spirit in the game.
  • Wow was that an Archaic Sealed Heat reference I saw? Still upset that game was never localized.
2 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

Full thoughts on the Direct:

• Putting lyrics to the main theme was kind of goofy.

Not going to lie, the lyrical theme paired with that trailer put tears to my eyes. Almost nothing does that to me.

Also, did anyone notice that Yoshi's Final Smash was an homage to his part in the Melee intro?